Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordered my first ecig, some questions

• 03-08-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭

After quite a bit of research, I've ordered my first ecig. From reading this forum and watching videos on YouTube, I went with the ego-t, and got a 50ml bottle of 18mg tobacco juice from vapour Ireland. I haven't received it yet but I have some questions about it that I haven't seen cleared up anywhere.

1) when they say 1.1 ml is the same as a pack of cigarettes, if I smoke, nay, vape the ecig for the same amount of time as a cigarette (3mins or so) 20 times a day will that equal more or less 1.1ml? Am I right in thinking 50ml is pretty much 50 packs of smokes? or do vapers tend to take just a couple of drags instead of a usual cigarette?

2) I smoke 15-20 Marlboro lights per day. Anyone who was in a similar situation recommend any liquid that would be similar?

3) I'm a real habit smoker, ie smoke on the way to work, lunch, way home, etc.. If my routine is broken I smoke either more or less, depending on how it's broken. For instance, a night in I might have 4 smokes, a night out drinking I might have ten. A day in work, I'd smoke on the way to work, one at 11, one at lunch, but if I'm off work, I might have 4 or 5 in that timeframe. Do you guys find yourself using the ecig when previously would have smoked? Or is it a different routine altogether?

I know these questions can be answered by myself when I get mine, but just wanted to know other peoples experiences. Glad to see there's finally a dedicated forum!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

To be honest a few of your questions are answered in the forum charter/introduction sticky. You won't find a type of e-liquid that replicates your current brand of cigarettes in any big way. You'll get used to the flavours of the liquids after a very short while and you'll start to figure out what you like.

You also probably won't use the e-cig in the exact same way as you smoked either. The great thing about e-cigs is that you don't light them and then smoke them until they burn out. You can take two drags or 50 drags if you like, long drags or short drags. I used to smoke in my car at the start and end of the journey. I now just keep the e-cig on hand for the whole journey and pick it up for a few drags whenever I feel like it.

So really the thing to remember when you're approaching it is that it's not smoking. Once you develop your vaping habits, they most likely won't resemble your smoking habits at all. It's a scary thought but actually quite an easy transition if you give it a chance.

Great choice on your e-cig, I'm still using a version of it three months after quitting cigarettes. One thing I would say is don't force yourself to stop smoking straight away. Smoke and vape for a period and vaping will probably take over naturally.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Do you guys find yourself using the ecig when previously would have smoked? Or is it a different routine altogether?

Yeah I found the e-cig worked best as a replacement if I vaped when I used to smoke.
    After a while you'll find that vaping is different to smoking cigs, it's more like a pipe in that you tend to hold it longer than your smoking, 5 min and 5 pulls rather than rushing to get all you can out of it before it burns down. Then your ocasions for vaping change, more while sitting watching tv, less while doing stuff. hard to keep an e-cig hanging from your lip, an you'll look like a demented member of the A Team if you clench it between your teeth. 'Tho thats an option if you like the oral fix cigs give.

Good luck with the swapping cancer sticks for the e-cig, and welcome to the new world of vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velocivaper

tommy2bad wrote: »
    it's more like a pipe in that you tend to hold it longer than your smoking,
    Yes.... I use to smoke a pipe years ago and that's what it reminds me of, without all the relighting and matches!

Advertisement