Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smok Guardian III epipe

• 22-01-2016 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭

Really tempted by this

http://www.smoktech.com/kit/guardian-iii-kit

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4125600-authentic-smoktech-smok-guardian-iii-75w-vw-tc

2015-12-15-13_17_556318.jpg

Anyone else thinking of getting it? I own an aspire mini starter kit that I have two nautilus tanks for and a subtank mini kit that I have three subtanks for.

I went sub ohm for a while but I'm finding myself using the nautilus more because I get more flavor from a 1.8 or 1.6 coil on a 12mg juice than I do when I go to 0.5 with a 3mg juice.

This pipe seems like a great setup for a sub ohm vaper but I'm not sure about regular mouth to lung. Has anyone used smok tanks? Would you even know where in dublin would sell the coils? It takes a Micro TFV4 tank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Finally !
    Ordered 23/1. Shipping notification Today -14/3. Only another month or so before I get my hands on it :-)

Came close to cancelling sooooo many times.

Few stories around about them cracking within a couple of weeks so I hope to fcuk it's worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Let us know how you get on. I may be tempted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I am liking the look of the tank mainly because it can be increased in size up to 5ml and will have dedicated 1.2ohm and 1.8ohm coils not a fan of sub ohm myself and find myself constantly on the 1.8 triton coils.

TinCool wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on. I may be tempted myself.

Will do. If it ever gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Mine arrived today and am pretty pleased with it. I haven't tried out the Micro TFV4 Plus yet but will have a look at it tomorrow. My initial view of the mod is that it is well finished and looks like...well a pipe. I have heard of issues with cracks appearing in the plastic body around the 510 but mine arrived fine. I will say this though, torsional stress could crack the plastic putting an atty on if you just thread it in holding the body of the mod, hold on to the metal 510 when taking an atty on or off and it should be fine.
    Another initial observation is that navigating a reasonably complex menu is a tad fiddly with just the single button. Maybe that's where the Bluetooth comes in, I'll have to get a compatible phone now!

• Advertisement

judas1369 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today and am pretty pleased with it. I haven't tried out the Micro TFV4 Plus yet but will have a look at it tomorrow. My initial view of the mod is that it is well finished and looks like...well a pipe. I have heard of issues with cracks appearing in the plastic body around the 510 but mine arrived fine. I will say this though, torsional stress could crack the plastic putting an atty on if you just thread it in holding the body of the mod, hold on to the metal 510 when taking an atty on or off and it should be fine.
    Another initial observation is that navigating a reasonably complex menu is a tad fiddly with just the single button. Maybe that's where the Bluetooth comes in, I'll have to get a compatible phone now!

Still waiting for mine :-(
    Tracking on Singapore Post just says "received from customer". Only got to that stage on Monday !
    Thanks for the tips.

Fasttech I presume... I got tired of the constant moving of the goalposts regarding the stocking of this item. I use Fasttech a lot and am expecting vapemail from them this morning in fact but sometimes they just cannot get certain items in any meaningful quantity hence the delays. I was almost 6 weeks in preorder and decided to cancel and go somewhere else. i got my Guardian athttp://www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/7961-authentic-smoktech-smok-guardian-pipe-iii-75w-tc-vw-mod-micro-tfv4-plus-tank-kit-black-1-x-18650-175w-35ml-03-ohm.html#.VvO0Iyb1GlM
    They had ships in 24 hours as opposed to 3/5/7 etc business days. It shipped within 15 hours, I had confirmed tracking from Singapore Post 2 days later and arrived on my doorstep the other day as I said. Total time from order to my door 13 days.

I have now tried the TFV4 on the mod and its very impressive, I used the tank extender in the kit to bring it up to 5mls and it doesn't mute the flavours in any appreciable way over the 3ml. It DOES drink the juice like all TFV tanks!
    I have some long (75mm) drip tips from other pipe projects and they certainly suit it.
    If anyone is interested, i can supply SKU's from Fasttech to the drip tips I use.
    Sorry I cant find a camera at the moment to show you the set up as my phone camera is too low a resolution to do anything justice.

Oh forgot to mention, the RBA deck is a must for me and I feel it really should have been included after all it is a kit. So I have one of those on the way from the UK as they are in stock in some places, pricey though at just under a tenner.

judas1369 wrote: »
    Fasttech I presume... I got tired of the constant moving of the goalposts regarding the stocking of this item. I use Fasttech a lot and am expecting vapemail from them this morning in fact but sometimes they just cannot get certain items in any meaningful quantity hence the delays. I was almost 6 weeks in preorder and decided to cancel and go somewhere else. i got my Guardian athttp://www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/7961-authentic-smoktech-smok-guardian-pipe-iii-75w-tc-vw-mod-micro-tfv4-plus-tank-kit-black-1-x-18650-175w-35ml-03-ohm.html#.VvO0Iyb1GlM
    They had ships in 24 hours as opposed to 3/5/7 etc business days. It shipped within 15 hours, I had confirmed tracking from Singapore Post 2 days later and arrived on my doorstep the other day as I said. Total time from order to my door 13 days.

I have now tried the TFV4 on the mod and its very impressive, I used the tank extender in the kit to bring it up to 5mls and it doesn't mute the flavours in any appreciable way over the 3ml. It DOES drink the juice like all TFV tanks!
    I have some long (75mm) drip tips from other pipe projects and they certainly suit it.
    If anyone is interested, i can supply SKU's from Fasttech to the drip tips I use.
    Sorry I cant find a camera at the moment to show you the set up as my phone camera is too low a resolution to do anything justice.

I have these sitting in my drawer for the last month and a half along with the rba head...
    SKU 2377308
    SKU 3441000
    It's finally in transit !

Glad to hear its finally on its way! I have a bunch of those plastic ones, with the "tasteful graphics" and they do not want to play with the TFV4. The problem is that on the drip tip the part with the o rings is about 2-3mm too long to sit snug. As I got a bunch of these, I cut one down by this amount, leaving only one o ring. It fits but will fall out as it needs the two o rings to grip properly. I solved that problem by using a small amount of PTFE tape and it now fits like it should. They are great if you like a low wattage mouth to lung experience but they are very restrictive on this tank. I'm going to dremel out the airflow a tad to suit how I like to vape. I am currently using this-
    https://www.fasttech.com/product/1558801

It looks well, fits properly without faffing about and the airflow is waaay better than the plastic ones, your mileage of course may vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Anyone know what wire is used for the RBA or if it's possible to buy replacement coils for putting into the RBA?

Grayson wrote: »
    Anyone know what wire is used for the RBA or if it's possible to buy replacement coils for putting into the RBA?

The RBA comes with pre installed stainless steel Clapton's rated at 0.25 ohms. You also get enough in the spares to make another two, at a guess I reckon 28/30 AWG. I've been using the pre installed ones and they are fine. I am going to try a vertical coil set up if I can get them to fit, its not a huge build space though. Fasttech have loads of prebuilt coils you can buy if you don't fancy making your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

If you are using the Tfv4 micro they sell some of the coils for it here

http://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/ I have gotten some bits from them before no problem

Advertisement