Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Doors

• 07-08-2019 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi hoping someone can help with a query I have! Recently bought a 3 storey house and our surveyor said we needed to get fire doors installed on middle floor, already on top floor. Having a problem finding someone to do this for us. Can any carpenter do this job or do we have to get somebody with some certification or qualification... we seem to be getting different answers from different people an have a nightmare finding someone to do the job!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Anyone can do this as long as they don't modify the door. If they cut it down etc then technically it needs to be done by a certified person as modifying would invalidate the original certification

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Do the frames need to be prepped for firedoors as well
    i.e. intumescent fire strips in the rebates.??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ioannes52

Did you get this done? Any carpenter can do it. I have 2no 30 minute internal fire doors in frames with steel hinges and pre-drilled, which were surplus to requirements, if interested. They are heavy. I got mine made by a factory in Glasnevin. You may also need internal chain door closers.

Advertisement