Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster v Connacht, Ravenhill KO 7:05pm, BBC2 NI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

wprathead wrote: »
    There a decent crowd of us going to be in thr East Terrace
    Atm Im currently on bus en route from Galway with a Buckfast comedown and a dead iPod

7RF6Xnx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

awec wrote: »
    48418803.jpg

ahem

this-is-connacht.jpg

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Never did that so don't suggest I did and stop playing the victim card, your misinformed posts are more embarrassing that anything else.

Ignored.

Z6aMP5O.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,357 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's alright lads, get the optimism on to the thread now before you take a good pasting later on. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It's alright lads, get the optimism on to the thread now before you take a good pasting later on. :D

That's fightin' talk! Hope it rebounds on ya later! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'd like to see Connacht start the first half with the intensity of a thousand burning suns and acquit themselves as though protecting the honor of their maiden.

Switch it up in the second half and arise with the spirit of several kings, with fire in their belly and tingling in their loins.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'd like to see Connacht start the first half with the intensity of a thousand burning suns and acquit themselves as though protecting the honor of their maiden.

Switch it up in the second half and arise with the spirit of several kings, with fire in their belly and tingling in their loins.

"tingling in their loins"... now that's a phrase I never thought to read in the rugby forum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

Zzippy wrote: »
    "tingling in their loins"... now that's a phrase I never thought to read in the rugby forum! :D

considering some of the posts here on some pieces of skill tingling is the leas that happens :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

*tries to think of witty pun involving red wedding and red cards*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

There a decent crowd of us going to be in thr East Terrace
    Atm Im currently on bus en route from Galway with a Buckfast comedown and a dead iPod

hope there'll be some in the West Terrace too... it gets tiresome being a lone speck of green in the sea of red and white at this fixture! ;)

• Advertisement

Treadhead wrote: »
    hope there'll be some in the West Terrace too... it gets tiresome being a lone speck of green in the sea of red and white at this fixture! ;)

Don't worry reinforcements are on its way:) . Just had a pitstop in Portadown.

Ravenhill won't know what hit them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

With four games left and absolutely nothing to play for, I'm baffled as to why Connacht have selected Parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

With four games left and absolutely nothing to play for, I'm baffled as to why Connacht have selected Parks.

Cause he has actually been playing well since the Sarries debacle

Cause he has actually been playing well since the Sarries debacle

Playing for a contract?

Playing for a contract?

Hang on, is he not retiring at the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That's fightin' talk! Hope it rebounds on ya later! :D

I have no idea what it is but whatever is in your signature is wearing the Ulster colours!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Rumours link him with a move to ProD2

I heard he was looking to play on for one more season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

There isn't "absolutely nothing to play for". We've a very much outside shot of qualification for Europe and chance to finish in our highest position. Likelihood of finishing 6th is quite slim but may as we'll go for it and go down swinging.

7th might not mean much for supporters at the top but it's still progress for Connacht climbing from the foot of the table a few years ago and means quite a bit to Connacht supporters. Parks has been very good since Sarries and deserves to start.

Whatever Parks wants to do , Connacht will back him 100 percent.

He owes connacht nothing.

A great servant to the club and he will relish tonight as a oppountity to showcase his talent.

He is one of Connachts best adopted sons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Whatever Parks wants to do , Connacht will back him 100 percent.

He owes connacht nothing.

A great servant to the club and he will relish tonight as a oppountity to showcase his talent.

He is one of Connachts best adopted sons

Fair play to Parks, he's done well for Connacht. But time to retire at the end of this season imo.

its_phil wrote: »
    There isn't "absolutely nothing to play for". We've a very much outside shot of qualification for Europe and chance to finish in our highest position. Likelihood of finishing 6th is quite slim but may as we'll go for it and go down swinging.
    7th might not mean much for supporters at the top but it's still progress for Connacht climbing from the foot of the table a few years ago and means quite a bit to Connacht supporters. Parks has been very good since Sarries and deserves to start.

Didn't mean to denigrate Connacht's season but given that Scarlets have a much easier run in, I'd regard sixth as very unlikely. My comment re Parks was more on the basis that he'd be retiring but if he's not, then maybe it's a different situation.

As to whether he's the sort of out-half I'd pick to give it a go and go down swinging, probably not but I haven't seen much of him recently.

Ulster try!

Paul Marshall dots down in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Dan Parks having an O'Gara moment there!

Jackson not playing well missed converation

Try for Connacht! :)

Jackson not playing well missed converation

There are 7 minutes gone. He is doing well. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

Nice from Henshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Try for Connacht! :)