Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Beers***

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

P.C. wrote: »
    Dropping Well.

Edit: Bleeding Horse - closer to town.
    And close to Coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I sense an ulterior motive here lads.

Have bord failte laid on some special to the ladies of the Auvergne and the Var or something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Get a "Gathering" Grant sure!

P_1 wrote: »
    I sense an ulterior motive here lads.

Have bord failte laid on some special to the ladies of the Auvergne and the Var or something :p
    I'm a spoken for man P_1. :pac:

Still allowed to go to Coppers though. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Typical. For all yer whinging about Coppers it's still on the agenda.....it's already gearing up to be another one of those "I'm not going to Coppers", "Where was I last night? Coppers." kind of nights. :D

• Advertisement

Anyone not in Coppers will be banned.

If Munster are in the final and the beers are on final night then Coppers will be rammed with our bog dwelling friends.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

awec wrote: »
    If Munster are in the final and the beers are on final night then Coppers will be rammed with our bog dwelling friends.

Should be free of them so.

:p

I'd be bringing the girlfriend if it is HEC final night, especially if Munster are involved. She is both a Munster fan (yes, yes I know) and a boards poster so she'd fit right in :)

I'd be bringing the girlfriend if it is HEC final night, especially if Munster are involved. She is both a Munster fan (yes, yes I know) and a boards poster so she'd fit right in :)

Thank God for that cos I'll have mine in tow as well. She did suggest our honeymoon destination, the Lions tour, so it's all good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

jm08?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

molloyjh wrote: »
    Thank God for that cos I'll have mine in tow as well. She did suggest our honeymoon destination, the Lions tour, so it's all good.

Better check she doesn't mean a wildlife safari in Africa...good luck finding any form of network coverage or internet in the Kalahari.

So are we in agreement on the 18th then?

Final pre-match suit better?

Clermont gear at the ready?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Pre-match would suit me better, but I can do either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Ive a much better chance of making it pre match.

Pre-match works for me. Makes sense before the chaos ensues. I'll bring along a few genuine Clermont fans. If I haven't killed them of alcohol poisoning the night before....had them on to me today. Apparently they were hassling Munster fans in Montpellier to sing Molly Malone with them. :pac:

Pre-match works for me. Makes sense before the chaos ensues. I'll bring along a few genuine Clermont fans. If I haven't killed them of alcohol poisoning the night before....had them on to me today. Apparently they were hassling Munster fans in Montpellier to sing Molly Malone with them. :pac:

Jeez I'd say that went down well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ye If I have any hope of getting along it would only be pre-match on the 18th

edit: obviously the rest of yous can re-meet up in coppers later in the night

I think this would be a better event if it weren't on either final night tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I think this would be a better event if it weren't on either final night tbh.

True. People have their own plans for these matches. They'll be out with mates or planning to watch the game in particular places. It will actually diminish numbers. The semi final would be a night to get more people along. Also, I reckon a fair few people won't be getting tickets to the finals and won't be near the RDS on those nights.

so,

beers?

awec says yes.

Are we agreed on before or after?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Are we agreed on before or after?

Which day? :D

On a date that is after the finals please (i.e. not on either final night).

.ak wrote: »
    Which day? :D

We're really left with 3 options at this point - Amlin, HEC or Pro12 final. Unless someone can think of another one?

Personally I'm happy with either this weekend, but the Pro12 final is a bit 50-50. How about the rest of ye?

ak - is there anyway to reset the poll?

We're really left with 3 options at this point - Amlin, HEC or Pro12 final. Unless someone can think of another one?

Personally I'm happy with either this weekend, but the Pro12 final is a bit 50-50. How about the rest of ye?

ak - is there anyway to reset the poll?

Any weekend after those 3! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I can only really attend if it's this weekend as I'm living with the sassanachs.

• Advertisement

I am going for beers before the Heineken Cup final with at least 1 other member here.

People are welcome to join.

Destination timing etc to be provided once I figure out where I can conceivably meet a bunch of nutbag Clermont fans and swap some gear with, whilst also being able to get near a bar.

Advertisement