Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lads holiday - where to go?

• 14-12-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey,

Right so 4 of us decided to go on a holiday after our academic year but we've got no idea where to go. As we are all students we dont have that much money to spend on flights/accommodation therefore the cheapest place to go to would be the best. We are all young so nightlife is the most important thing but places to entertain us during the day like waterparks etc etc would also be a bonus.

1) I was looking at Santa Ponsa but im not sure of the nightlife and if there is enough clubs to last a whole week without going back to the same places is true?

2) What would be the best time of year to book the holiday?

tl;dr Looking for a holiday anywhere in europe - Cheap flights/accommodation, good nightlife, entertainment during the day and beaches!

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Euro_Trip_Lad

Popflop,
    I was out in Santa Ponsa on a 6th year holiday last summer and it was some memorable experience!
    We went at the end of August when the college offers came out, there was around 12 of us that went out.
    We flew from Cork to Palma return and booked it in January and got return flights for 120!
    We stayed in the Holiday Park Apartments 7 nights for 400 between 4 in a room was only 100!
    I was in many of the other accommodation in Santa P but found our place the most appealing, safe and well located!!
    For the nightlife it was absolutely brilliant, there is so many pubs on the strip with cheap drink deals! The pubs are open till all hours and green hills and disco inferno are open till 6! It was a very cheap holiday, my favorite pub was hot shots where i started every night with the usual : 4 bottles of san miguel 4 shots of sambuca and a jug of all sorts of spirits mixed in together all for 8euro!!! Clubs are free into and usually buy one shot get one free!!! Litres of vodka are from 8euro in santa p! We went to the nearby water park for a day which was class but try not to drink too much the night before, getting sick on rides wasnt too attractive!! Theres a booze cruise every thursday which is brilliant! think it was 30 euro for 4 hours on a boat out at sea with free beer and bikinis!! It's all irish out there which is a great laugh! We went to magaluf for a night to see Calvin Harris in BCM but thought Magaluf was just all full of brits and wasnt as welcoming as everyone in santa p, i could write for hours about my experince there but i have to go im afraid but if youve any questions, dont hesitate to give me a shout!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Popflop,
    I was out in Santa Ponsa on a 6th year holiday last summer and it was some memorable experience!
    We went at the end of August when the college offers came out, there was around 12 of us that went out.
    We flew from Cork to Palma return and booked it in January and got return flights for 120!
    We stayed in the Holiday Park Apartments 7 nights for 400 between 4 in a room was only 100!
    I was in many of the other accommodation in Santa P but found our place the most appealing, safe and well located!!
    For the nightlife it was absolutely brilliant, there is so many pubs on the strip with cheap drink deals! The pubs are open till all hours and green hills and disco inferno are open till 6! It was a very cheap holiday, my favorite pub was hot shots where i started every night with the usual : 4 bottles of san miguel 4 shots of sambuca and a jug of all sorts of spirits mixed in together all for 8euro!!! Clubs are free into and usually buy one shot get one free!!! Litres of vodka are from 8euro in santa p! We went to the nearby water park for a day which was class but try not to drink too much the night before, getting sick on rides wasnt too attractive!! Theres a booze cruise every thursday which is brilliant! think it was 30 euro for 4 hours on a boat out at sea with free beer and bikinis!! It's all irish out there which is a great laugh! We went to magaluf for a night to see Calvin Harris in BCM but thought Magaluf was just all full of brits and wasnt as welcoming as everyone in santa p, i could write for hours about my experince there but i have to go im afraid but if youve any questions, dont hesitate to give me a shout!!!!

Cheers, something i was looking for all along. The problem is we are planning on going mid-july but i wouldn't mind waiting till late august if the prices are way cheaper! may i ask who did you book the holiday with or did you find separate deals?

Advertisement