Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options
  • 01-08-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I know it's been asked for on more than one occasion for a general off-topic thread. Myself and Xiney have discussed it and decided we will give it a go.

A couple of things to take note of please:

1. This thread is a trial thread and can be locked at any point if we decide it's not working or you're all being too bold and giving us headaches! ;) Please keep that in mind. We do want everyone to enjoy the forum and are willing to give this a go but if it gets out of hand we will be locking it.

2. As with the nature of the thread it will probably move fast enough and myself or Xiney may not always have the time to read through it completely. We will be depending on you guys to report posts that you feel cross a line. We don't want any trolling or personal abuse. The charter rules are valid in here too. If you feel someone is crossing a line report the post and let myself or Xiney deal with it. Don't react or you will find yourself with an infraction or a ban yourself.

3. It probably doesn't need to be said but I'll say it anyway. If you want to discuss something serious or want a moderated discussion of something please start a thread for it where you will receive replies kept on that topic.

4. Off-topic posts will be kept here. We've noticed recently that the off-topic posting is entering alot of threads throughout the forum. We don't mind a little banter here and there but we want threads kept mainly on topic.

5. We'll update this post any time with new rules should we need to so please keep an eye on it and check it regularly. "I didn't know/see it" is not a valid excuse after we've updated it! :)

So, we'll see how it goes!

Have fun posting! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'm having a tuna roll from Subway , It's rather nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I prefer the other thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

actully thinking of a subway now, although did anyone see that programe in the week about what is really in our highstreet sandwiches, subwy was featured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I prefer the other thread!!!

Tough Hail. Deal with it.

I'm starving now. Off to get food!

need some breakfast as well

:D

• Advertisement

Also I didn't read the first thread could you summarise it with bullet points maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Also I didn't read the first thread could you summarise it with bullet points maybe?

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Yay now where's Sueme??

takola wrote: »
    Banned.

;_;

magnumlady wrote: »
    Yay now where's Sueme??

She posted in the other locked thread saying she was taking a break from the forum...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

irish-stew wrote: »
    actully thinking of a subway now, although did anyone see that programe in the week about what is really in our highstreet sandwiches, subwy was featured

I know!! My favourite sandwich was THE bad one. Thank crunchie they have the reggae one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Which one is the bad one? Not the Meatball I hope:eek:

Mrs.T wrote: »
    I know!! My favourite sandwich was THE bad one.

the footlong with the equivalent 17 bags of ready salted crisps

and the revelation that the 2 MD cheese burgers had less fat than another popular sandwich eatery, was nearly tempted to go to MD for the first time in 8 years today

although with those shows, you have to take into account that there may be a bias editoral influence or opinion, would like to see more reserch and maybe a presentation from a diffrent point of view before i made up my mind

not disputing the facts from it, but would like to see them presneted maybe in a different way as well

dakar wrote: »
    Which one is the bad one? Not the Meatball I hope:eek:

er, erm, um, am i allowed to answer to this mods

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Yea, make you think twice about getting another subway sambo. Tons of salt in them things..

@Fozzle. Tell Sueme we miss her and to come back........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Yea, make you think twice about getting another subway sambo. Tons of salt in them things..

@Fozzle. Tell Sueme we miss her and to come back........

Me? But I have no secret contact with her.
    >.>

<.<

>.>

Also, I finally have an actual wedding dress ^_^

fozzle wrote: »

Also, I finally have an actual wedding dress ^_^

so its really happening now fozzle, are we all invited to the big day, could kill two birds with one stone, have a wedding reception, and a boards night all rolled in one

so its really happening now fozzle, are we all invited to the big day, could kill two birds with one stone, have a wedding reception, and a boards night all rolled in one

Oh sure - you don't mind an 11 hour round trip for it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Facts about sandwiches are fine to post. I bet it's the meatball one that's the really bad one - pity, it is nice.

Actually I always forget Sligo has a Subway. We lived across the street from a Subway in Montreal and we went there so often that the guys were giving us extra stuff for free and so on... guess I'm a bit subwayed out? Besides, that one is so tiny.

Yeah, they even have a few tables for a sit down area. As if! Makes sense though, not very comfi to sit down = high turnover of peoples....

• Advertisement

yeah. I've been in it twice and both times were not pleasant dining experiences.

The subway in Montreal was bigger than the McDonald's in Sligo. Ah, it was gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Xiney wrote: »
    yeah. I've been in it twice and both times were not pleasant dining experiences.

The subway in Montreal was bigger than the McDonald's in Sligo. Ah, it was gorgeous.
    FAIL

No it wasn't. It was a good bit smaller that Sligo's McD's! :p

yes, it was the one with the meatballs in

:eek:

Mmmm, I practically lived in my local subway in Toronto - could never go to a different one or I'd have to spend 20 minutes explaining all over again why I didn't want cheese on it "yes, I know it's free, but I'm allergic to it. No, really, no cheese!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

How come when this is an off topic thread everybody stays on topic???:confused: I think we should ask to lock this thread for being for being on topic!!:D

FAIL

No it wasn't. It was a good bit smaller that Sligo's McD's! :p

...banned

How come when this is an off topic thread everybody stays on topic???:confused: I think we should ask to lock this thread for being for being on topic!!:D

There's just no pleasing some people...... What would Mrs. T say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Big_Mac wrote: »
    There's just no pleasing some people...... What would Mrs. T say?

Don't get me started!....;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

I remember having one of those meatball jobs once, thought it was horrible and couldnt figure out why, now i know, I dont put salt on anything so that much would be like well euughhh..... (and yes it did taste salty)

As for the sandwitch show, between the salt and the meat pumped with water and the additives to keep the water in the meat and ham that is from any part of the pig except the ham part and the cross contamination in the sandwitch making shops (even when they make it in front of you its cross contamination central), it would really make you think about making your own lunch wouldnt it!?

ooh and the price now that were back in real Ireland, land of hearts desire to go abroad and work on the buildings again:eek:!?

If on min wage your sambo drink combo at lunch time is costing you about 45 mins work a day, thats about 180 hours a year working to buy a cheap cr*p lunch :eek:

• Advertisement

When I worked in an office, I was the only one there that brought their own lunch. I remember thinking, how can they afford to spend 40-50 euro a week (some were even coming in with store bought breakfast rolls etc in the morning) on crappy, unhealthy food? Add to that the number of pack a day smokers and the fact that they all drove cars... it's a wonder anybody had any money left over at all.

Advertisement