Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot password for ZyXEL modem/router

• 01-08-2004 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

The standard modem that comes with iolbb. Reformatted and i dont know the password that i changed for the router. I can still get online and everything, but cant get into the settings for the modem without the password. Its originally admin, and 1234 i know, but i must of changed it and cant remember. I dont think iol would know anything about it. There a way of resetting the password?
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

L5 wrote:
    The standard modem that comes with iolbb. Reformatted and i dont know the password that i changed for the router. I can still get online and everything, but cant get into the settings for the modem without the password. Its originally admin, and 1234 i know, but i must of changed it and cant remember. I dont think iol would know anything about it. There a way of resetting the password?
    Thanks a lot.
    stick a pin in the reset button at the bottom side thats supposed to flush it clean

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I too am having this problem. I tried the username/password I use to get my BB stats and admin/1234 and other variations of what it might be but to no avail.

There's a reset button at the back of the modem that's meant to reset the config. I pressed it last night and I couldn't access the Internet - I thought I'd messed it up, so I turned off the modem. The net was back this morning though, so I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

If u did the reset sequence for ur specific modem/router properly, then all settings should have returned to factory defaults. This would included the ip address of the router / router login username/password ect...ect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ive tried the reset button, that doesnt do it. I cant find the reset sequence for the router anywhere :(

If the modem ur talking about is the ZyXEL Prestige 623R-T1 ( that i believe is supplied with iol ), follow the reset sequence below !

10. How to use the Reset button?

Step 1:
    Make sure the PWR led is on(not blinking)when you begin this procedure.

Press the RESET button for ten seconds (or until the SYS LED starts blinking), then release it. If the SYS LED blinks, the defaults have been restored and Prestige restart.

Otherwise, go to step 2.

Step 2:
    Turn the P623R-A1 off.
    While pressing the RESET button, turn the Prestige on.
    Continue to hold the RESET button.
    The PWR LED will begin to blink and flicker very quickly after about 10 seconds.
    This indicates that the defaults have been restored and the P623R-A1 is now restarting.

Hope this helps :)

( This info and more is available on the ZyXel support page for the Prestige 623R @ http://www.zyxel.com/support/supportnote/p623r_a1/index_f.php )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

job you genius thats done it!
    Thanks a lot :)

no problem :D

Advertisement