Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Internet Cafes and Free Wi-Fi in Sligo.

• 05-04-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭

Thought this might be of interest to both visitors, people with data charges, and those who simply cant stay off their phone on a night out.

Now I'm not talking about stealing peoples Wi-fi, but places when you can use for free.

As for the Internet Cafes, the only one I know of is Cafe Online on Stephen Street.

Free Wifi, I know of. The Garavouge, The Clarion, Costa (Johnsons Court)(I think), and the Embasy Rooms (also I think).

Over to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Thought this might be of interest to both visitors, people with data charges, and those who simply cant stay off their phone on a night out.

Now I'm not talking about stealing peoples Wi-fi, but places when you can use for free.

As for the Internet Cafes, the only one I know of is Cafe Online on Stephen Street.

Free Wifi, I know of. The Garavouge, The Clarion, Costa (Johnsons Court)(I think), and the Embasy Rooms (also I think).

Over to you.

I know Lilly's and Lollys cafe give u the password if you ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Vlove wrote: »
    I know Lilly's and Lollys cafe give u the password if you ask them.

Just remembered, think the Roof Top, also have free Wi-Fi as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

There's free wifi in Tesco aswell! Think you just have to put in your clubcard details!

Just remembered, think the Roof Top, also have free Wi-Fi as well.

Didnt know that! I also know if you pass the Sligo Tourism Office, you would need to create a bitbuzz account.

Didnt know that! I also know if you pass the Sligo Tourism Office, you would need to create a bitbuzz account.

Yeah pretty sure I was using it last time I was there. No password required as well.

Have seen bitbuzz a few places around town. But really hate signing up to something, or submitting details for a service that I might only use for 5 minutes just the once.

• Advertisement

Yeah pretty sure I was using it last time I was there. No password required as well.

Have seen bitbuzz a few places around town. But really hate signing up to something, or submitting details for a service that I might only use for 5 minutes just the once.

I know the feeling, whenever I go into a shop or cafe that does require signing in, its a pure nuisance. The model cafe is good as well for wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Mugatuu wrote: »
    There's free wifi in Tesco aswell! Think you just have to put in your clubcard details!

And the Crozon Inn. Just ask for password.

I know the feeling, whenever I go into a shop or cafe that does require signing in, its a pure nuisance. The model cafe is good as well for wifi.

Although saying that, my phone will now (sometimes) automatically connect to O2 Wifi zones in the UK, after using it a couple of times when over there.

Although saying that, my phone will now (sometimes) automatically connect to O2 Wifi zones in the UK, after using it a couple of times when over there.

Wish Ireland can have something like that for any mobile network!

Wish Ireland can have something like that for any mobile network!

Still had to submit my details though.

• Advertisement

Still had to submit my details though.

Well still, at least they r doing something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There's an internet cafe in the DVD rental place at Wine Street Carpark.
    Free WiFi: Chapters Coffee Shop, Clarion Hotel, Glasshouse Hotel, Sligo Park Hotel.
    The library will also let visitors use the computers for an hour.

magnumlady wrote: »
    There's an internet cafe in the DVD rental place at Wine Street Carpark.
    Free WiFi: Chapters Coffee Shop, Clarion Hotel, Glasshouse Hotel, Sligo Park Hotel.
    The library will also let visitors use the computers for an hour.

Is that all areas of the Glasshouse magnumlady? Have used the WiFi in their conference/meeting rooms, but the signal was lost once I got back the bar area. Unless they have since changed it.

Just remembered the Opel Service Centre in Finisklin also has WiFi access for customers, password provided. Also the 4 Lights, no password required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Also Acasa mia, you need a password that is printed on the bottom of the reciept.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

The old telecom eireann phone boxes were kitted out with wifi a few years ago, so the free access ya get from those areas could be from them. The top of O Connell st, the entrance of Wine st outside the library on Stephen st and outside the showground spring to mind, that is if they're still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Is that all areas of the Glasshouse magnumlady? Have used the WiFi in their conference/meeting rooms, but the signal was lost once I got back the bar area. Unless they have since changed it.

Just remembered the Opel Service Centre in Finisklin also has WiFi access for customers, password provided. Also the 4 Lights, no password required.

It was working for me last time I was in the bar areaa while back, I must try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Most pubs have it if you ask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Fiddlers require a password but it's printed on a sign behind the bar. Mc hughs, swagman, mc garrigles and garavogue all have free wifi, may have to ask for the password in some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Are there any coffee shops with free wifi, especially any that stay open past 6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Costa, and McDonalds in the Retail Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

panda100 wrote: »
    Are there any coffee shops with free wifi, especially any that stay open past 6pm?

Insomnia should have wifi but they're only open after 6, Thurs - Sat. One on O'Connell street and the other over at Quayside shopping Centre past the Cinema.

Few of the pubs have wifi that would serve you coffee too. Hargadons should have wifi and you might get yourself a nice private booth too in the pub.
    Coach lane/Donaghy's have too if you wanted to sit at the bar.

One or two of the hotels in town might be an option too. The Glasshouse or Riverside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thanks guys.

Free public WiFi around the towns main shopping streets from next month. Handy if you are nearing your limit, or for the tourists with out EU roaming bundles.

Advertisement