Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

€548.00 from cleanmachines.ie with €50.00 cashback in the form of a pre-paid Mastercard from 30 days of purchase date.

Would you not have bought a Kranzle at that money? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

vectra wrote: »
    Would you not have bought a Kranzle at that money? :eek:

Nope, had my heart set on the K7 plus I have a number of accessories from over the years that work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Hope your K7 does better than my little used K5, leaking water from underneath after only a year. Not frost damage either.

Hope your K7 does better than my little used K5, leaking water from underneath after only a year. Not frost damage either.

The one I'm swapping from is a K5. I've had it since 2014 and it hasn't given me an ounce of bother at all and it's still going strong.

You should be able to get that fixed under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I bought a K4 recently and during my research Karcher does seem to have some manufacturing issues. Some people seem to have pressure washers that last years without any trouble, while others experience problems within a year.

• Advertisement

I bought a K4 recently and during my research Karcher does seem to have some manufacturing issues. Some people seem to have pressure washers that last years without any trouble, while others experience problems within a year.

Had a Karcher, it died, bought a Nilfisk, never gave trouble but wanted more power hence the K5, now that is giving trouble. I regret buying it.

Had a Karcher, it died, bought a Nilfisk, never gave trouble but wanted more power hence the K5, now that is giving trouble. I regret buying it.

It's more than likely something along the lines of a loose connection internally. The following video might be of help:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

My old trusty nilfisk c110 seems to be acting up and hunting so to speak when not being sprayed, pressure is good to the unit but it's as if its cutting in and out, also appears to be a leak developing in the lance near the trigger.

It may well be serviceable but I'm tempted to go the petrol route and get something with plenty of power for also washing doing large concrete and slabs. A honda GX390 unit was recommended to me but its pricey, anyone else using petrol got a recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

5500 wrote: »
    My old trusty nilfisk c110 seems to be acting up and hunting so to speak when not being sprayed, pressure is good to the unit but it's as if its cutting in and out, also appears to be a leak developing in the lance near the trigger.

It may well be serviceable but I'm tempted to go the petrol route and get something with plenty of power for also washing doing large concrete and slabs. A honda GX390 unit was recommended to me but its pricey, anyone else using petrol got a recommendation?

Try replacing your o rings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-ring-replacement-pressure-washer/dp/B00KIT4BDA

It's more than likely something along the lines of a loose connection internally. The following video might be of help:

Many thanks, will certainly look at that.

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »

Be careful with petrol machines,
    They might be a bit too powerful for a car's paintwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'm another that may have to go power washer shopping. My one (Lavor Best 28) stopped working over the weekend. I'm thinking it's electrical. I'm going to open it up soon and see what's what.

If I have to go shopping, I take it Kranzle & Nilfisk are the most reliable? The Lavor gave a bit of trouble with seals, O-rings, etc

ianobrien wrote: »
    I'm another that may have to go power washer shopping. My one (Lavor Best 28) stopped working over the weekend. I'm thinking it's electrical. I'm going to open it up soon and see what's what.

If I have to go shopping, I take it Kranzle & Nilfisk are the most reliable? The Lavor gave a bit of trouble with seals, O-rings, etc

Last washer I had used the lavor fitting, so I am only assuming there may have been similarities in the works as well.
    Could be completely wrong, but when that died I bought a Kranzle 1050TS
    There is no comparison between the two, understandably the Kranzle was a lot more expensive. But from researching, Kranzle is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Best household cleaning items to use for cleaning the care seats? Specifically spilt fizzy drink on the cloth of the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Anybody by chance have a discount code for Autopia?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bought mine 2016 K4 and used it 3 times it was sitting up a year without use, went to use it 6 months ago and nothing, power going in but no clicking or any sound whatsoever. Have always had karcher

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Best household cleaning items to use for cleaning the care seats? Specifically spilt fizzy drink on the cloth of the seats.

Close washing detergent, enzyme cleaner, baking soda for smells is great too....

Don't wet too much either.

Scrub and dry off with a microfiber.

etxp wrote: »
    Anybody by chance have a discount code for Autopia?

Don't have a code but I ordered from them on the 23rd and had confirmation on the 24th that my order was complete. I'm still waiting on it.

When you consider that D & D deliver next day or the day after if you place the order beyond a certain time, Autopia's delivery is quite woeful from my experience. This is my first time ordering from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Don't have a code but I ordered from them on the 23rd and had confirmation on the 24th that my order was complete. I'm still waiting on it.

When you consider that D & D deliver next day or the day after if you place the order beyond a certain time, Autopia's delivery is quite woeful from my experience. This is my first time ordering from them too.

Similar story for me right now. I know these are extraordinary times, but haven't had any communication at all yet.

theintern wrote: »
    Similar story for me right now. I know these are extraordinary times, but haven't had any communication at all yet.

If D&D can do next day delivery nowadays (and we also do it where I work) then there's no reason Autopia can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

On two occasions I ordered from Autopia, they sent different products to what I ordered as the products I ordered were out of stock. Not even a phone call to tell me they just decided themselves to sent me different products. Had a nightmare trying to get a hold of them.

Never once a problem with D&D, normally have my order the next morning too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

PsychoPete wrote: »
    On two occasions I ordered from Autopia, they sent different products to what I ordered as the products I ordered were out of stock. Not even a phone call to tell me they just decided themselves to sent me different products. Had a nightmare trying to get a hold of them.

Never once a problem with D&D, normally have my order the next morning too

I ordered last week finally got it today bits missing and as you say others swapped without telling me.

Emailed them no answer so far I'll be going elsewhere in the future.
    Never had hassle using d+d or polishnparts in cork

Also incase anyone doesn't know d&d are offering free shipping ony orders over 60e it's usually 120 so very handy time to stock up on the essentials.

Well I’ve put the order in with Autopia so hopefully it comes with everything as it should. I’m in no rush for it as I’m away from home and all my wash gear is there. Won’t be back there anytime soon with this crisis. Fingers crossed it’s right.

D and D didn’t have the product I was looking for or something which looked similar so that’s why I went with Autopia.

Well I’ve put the order in with Autopia so hopefully it comes with everything as it should. I’m in no rush for it as I’m away from home and all my wash gear is there. Won’t be back there anytime soon with this crisis. Fingers crossed it’s right.

D and D didn’t have the product I was looking for or something which looked similar so that’s why I went with Autopia.

What exactly were you looking for?

vectra wrote: »
    What exactly were you looking for?

I was looking for a similar product to Carpro Hydro2 shampoo, I didn’t see anything on D&D. Maybe I missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I was looking for a similar product to Carpro Hydro2 shampoo, I didn’t see anything on D&D. Maybe I missed it?

Reflect stock some carpro stuff. Not sure if they have that specifically though.

Reflect stock some carpro stuff. Not sure if they have that specifically though.

They have Hydro2 lite

Yea I checked Reflect before ordering as thats where I got it before. Anyway won’t be able to wash for a couple of weeks :( inside of the car is spotless though 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Speaking of Reflect has anyone used there fallout remover ? Seems bit better value for money than Bilt Hamber stuff but will pay more if I know I'm getting a superior product.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Reflect has anyone used there fallout remover ? Seems bit better value for money than Bilt Hamber stuff but will pay more if I know I'm getting a superior product.

Never tried it! I’ve ordered some of the Autopia fallout to see what it’s like, it’s a big cheaper I think than the Bilt! I never used the bilt stuff though just the wheel cleaner which has the fallout in it.

Advertisement