Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Level Up BarKade Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's some selection of machines, hope it all works out for you guys. Will have to organise a trip down when it opens.

How about a Boardies meetup for a nite down there?
    Cidermans you'll be glad not to have to host or cleanup for a change? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't mind driving down and back again, for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I might even be able to make it this time :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I went to the Computer Museum in Galway a couple of Fridays ago by the way Ollie. Well worth a look they've got some mad stuff in there. The first electronic calculator, Minitels, earliest laptop, tons of different early Compaq computers etc. One of the fellas helping run it is a fan of yours. https://www.facebook.com/ccmireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dav09

You're all welcome, might be able to set something up in relation to that closer to opening date and couple potentially reserve a few tables/ section if there's interest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just on the topic of BarKade opening in Limerick...
    I have never had so many friends contact me regarding a bar opening!
    I really hope it goes well! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Mr. Dav, your BarKade campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Scotts bar is the location

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

That's a good location for them being that close to a third level school.

That's a good location for them being that close to a third level school.

If being close to 3rd level school had any bearing on the success of a bar a hell of a lot of pubs would never have gone out of business ;)

TBH everyone I know that's talking about it is in the mid 30s and up bracket too.
    And I say that as nearly 40y.o 1st year Uni student.
    The demographics of who this bar will appeal to will be very interesting.

Its definitely going to be a very instagrammable spot ;)
    But I'd wonder how much business the student crowd will bring?
    I really do think its going to be more of a Daddy Day Care :P
    Rather than a crèche once the initial novelty of opening wears off.

I'd love to see it hit every demographic and hold all the cards with, beer, games and great food...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Looks like barcadia in cork which was great craic the times I've been

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

30min walk from my front door. I'll definitely be down.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coffey87

Any update on opening dates? Hows the fit out going?

Things are going fine thanks, as you can probably tell we've had a number of hold ups but not to worry, it is what it is. Currently waiting for everything to fall into place I.E. Electricians/Plumbers/Builders but things are making progress. We were hoping to be opened 1st week of November initially but things have progressed quite slow and we had a number of hurdles put in place. Will update everyone on an opening date ASAP.

On the machine side of things, stuff has gone well. One or two hiccups (a box of CRT chassis has issues after repair) and some parts took a little longer than expected but things should be almost good to go with machines (I believe there's about 25 of them coming down today from up the country). We have most of the high-demanded machines and most of the machines we were after at this stage.

Kickstarter also seems not to have went to plan so that's another issue since it's all or nothing, we'd still love to ensure our venue is ultra-accessible for disabled access so we'll do our best, but it doesn't look like we'll reach the goal unfortunately.

dav09 wrote: »

Kickstarter also seems not to have went to plan so that's another issue since it's all or nothing,.

Didnt even know there was a KS

We do, here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leveluplimerick/level-up-arcade-bar-limerick

We're going to do one last drive towards that tonight and see how that goes.

We do, here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leveluplimerick/level-up-arcade-bar-limerick

We're going to do one last drive towards that tonight and see how that goes.

Kinda gutted the Kickstarter failed as I had pledged at a medium"ish" level chasing some value and loads of tokens :pac:
    I hope that some alternative plan can be formulated, really looking forward to paying ye a visit when ye open and maybe even celebrating my 40th in with ye :D

Opening Friday 20th, here's a solid list of what we should have ready (Some Jamma cabs, some originals):

Ghostsquad 
    Terminator
    Time Crisis 4
    Guilty Gear
    Street Fighter 4
    Vewlix
    Suzuki 8hr
    Final Fight
    Ghouls n Ghosts
    Street Fighter 2
    Bubble Bobble
    Shinobi
    Double Dragon
    Ghosts n Goblins
    XMen
    The Punisher
    Marvel Vs Capcom
    In The Hunt
    Ikari Warriors
    Bubble Symphony
    Sega Rally 2
    Aliens
    Outrun Original
    Outrun 2 SP
    Sega Power drift
    H2Overdrive
    Need For Speed Underground
    Pacman
    Golden Axe
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Killer Instinct 2
    Simpsons
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Dance Dance Euromix
    House of The Dead 4
    Batman Pinball
    The Beatles Pinball
    Metallica Pinball
    Iron Maiden Pinball
    Ghostbusters Pinball

Coming very soon (in UK at the minute, just off a ship from Japan):
    Maimai
    Initial D8
    GrooveCoaster 4

Maimai

very cool.
    Seen these in Tokyo,looked like a row of lads looking into industrial washing machines.

very cool.
    Seen these in Tokyo,looked like a row of lads looking into industrial washing machines.

LOL yep, looking forward to playing it when it arrives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Very nice, will 100% be checking it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Best of luck.

Cheers all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Sent you a pm re alien 3 there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That list of games is savage, looks like I'll be having a road trip down from Dublin at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Worth the drive down just for a crack at Ikari Warriors again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Don't see any opening times or information about any token deals :(

Hope everyone enjoyed the night, had bit of a disaster at the start of the night with a small hiccup but once we got up and going. A couple of machines we didn't have quite ready unfortunately due to the electricity mess all day, but we'll be putting out more and more machines over the next few days and considering am putting them on free play for the first while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭XsApollo

All the sites aren’t working that were linked in the op?
    Or is there a new site?
    Just every search I do on google throws up a dead link too...... in case you didn’t know.

Will be popping out with the kids in the near future.

• Advertisement

http://leveluplimerick.com/

Thanks, we had to change to leveluplimerick, hopefully that should work!

Advertisement