Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VtM Part Four - Family

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Finally Nostro approaches.

"Well seeing as how you are Prince now my Sire...I was wondering perhaps should I step forward as Lasombra Primogen?"

Lysander detects apprehension. Not fear for Nostro trusts Lysander, more like a child afraid they're being a bit cheeky.

Lysander looks at the others and then to Nostro.

'Yes, Nostro. You have proven yourself loyal and deserving. From what I have learned there will be a need for a cool head in my place.

Areas and territories can be discussed another time..'

He looks at the other Primogens when he says this as well.

'Nostro, rise as Lasombra Primogen.'

He takes Nostro's hand as he did the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Thank you Sire!" he says grasping Lysander's hand firmly. Lysander feels the Sire bond burn fiercely within Nostro, it would be hard for even mental disciplines to turn him against Lysander now.

He returns to the crowd and the kindred of the city rise and begin to mingle and talk. None approach Lysander initially. A Prince is intimidating. A Lasombra prince with an aura of power and shadow even more so.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander surveys the Kindred and looks for a familiar face in the crowd...

While doing so he approaches the Primogens.

'Now that the formalities are out of the way, are there any matters pressing for any of you? If so, we arrange meetings, in private if you wish your own clan business to remain that way.

How fares the city since the Sabbat were pushed back?'

Louis Fortier, the Ventrue Primogen speaks first.

18MG23.jpg

"We are rebuilding. Infrastructure wise little was affected, though there were severe Masquerade violations. Most of us have suffered heavy losses...in fact the loss of half our clans in most cases. We would all petition for siring my Prince"

Lysander nods.

'Siring, yes. Back up to your former levels, no higher. And gradually... we don't want mass panic with new Kindred roaming the streets.

Does that please you all? Remember, happy Primogens make for a happy Prince.'

• Advertisement

They nod among each other. All except Teresa Salvador.

"I have...tastes...Sire. I may need to fly proper candidates in. Can I arrange such?"

Maximillian Strauss looks disgusted.

OOC: Just the bit from the char summaries relevant to this:
    Teresa Salvador - Older of the two Toreador Primogens, ordered murder of Clarissa and her friends. It's likely that Teresa Salvador is a vampire who still feels sexual attraction, something only possible for certain Toreador. This was repulsive to Strauss as Tremere tend to be very removed from humanity. Was not present during the attack on her mansion

'Clan business is clan business. Send me on the details of your candidates when you have selected them Teresa, I will need to approve them.'

He looks at Strauss.

'We must all co-exist my friend, as long as she keeps it in house, there is no need to worry.'

Teresa Salvador smiles smugly at Strauss.

Strauss doesn't respond.

"Understood my lord. My apologies"

As the Primogens converse Strauss gains the courage to approach Lysander.

"My we talk afterward my lord or in private now..." he gestures to a lounge unoccupied in the lobby "...I have something I wish to discuss. About the city's defenses"

Lysander nods.

'My door is... usually always open Mr. Strauss. Let us go'

He gestures for him to lead the way.

Strauss enters with Lysander into the Lounge. He gestures with his fingers and a green effect passes over the doorway. He sits in one of the large armchairs and offers the other to Lysander.

"Nobody can hear us now my Lord. Let me be frank to begin with. Are you adverse to blood magic my Prince?"

• Advertisement

Lysander takes the seat and crosses his legs.

'Anything that helps the cities defenses is a boon to me... though, this seems kind of Masquerade violation territory. What were Jacqueline's views on it?'

"She was against it. As LaCroix was before her. The Pyramid (OOC: The Tremere ruling council like the Lasombra Amici Noctis) has chastised me following the attack. They say I did not adequately protect the city with the wards and potent spells my clan is capable of.

I agree with them. I argued I was not allowed. They claimed that was irrelevant, even accused me of having lost my mastery of some of the rarer spells.

Would you permit its reintroduction? Jacqueline was against the sourcing of the blood. LaCroix just found the whole concept distasteful"

"She was against it. As LaCroix was before her. The Pyramid (OOC: The Tremere ruling council like the Lasombra Amici Noctis) has chastised me following the attack. They say I did not adequately protect the city with the wards and potent spells my clan is capable of.

I agree with them. I argued I was not allowed. They claimed that was irrelevant, even accused me of having lost my mastery of some of the rarer spells.

Would you permit its reintroduction? Jacqueline was against the sourcing of the blood. LaCroix just found the whole concept distasteful"

Lysander ponders for a few moments.

'Strauss this is not a decision I can make lightly. I am interested, very interested as to how this blood magic works though.

Could we arrange a night for you to provide me with a demonstration perhaps? I will make a decision on whether to permit it once I know what I am dealing with.

I think that is a fair compromise, yes?'

"Agreed my Lord. That you would countenance even the demonstration shows how open minded a Prince you are"

He bows.

"After you my Lord" he gestures to the door leading out.

"Agreed my Lord. That you would countenance even the demonstration shows how open minded a Prince you are"

He bows.

"After you my Lord" he gestures to the door leading out.

Lysander rises and heads back out to mingle a bit more.

As he reenters the main lobby he spots Cock Robin and Clarissa entering through the front door. Both wave to him.

However Therese Voerman, Primogen of Clan Malkavian, blocks Lysander's view.

"Prince my I have a word...about a secret of mine" Only a Malkavian would speak so brazenly.

OOC: Therese:
    101uDz.jpg

eDXbYG.jpg

Lysander nods.

'Of course Therese, where would you like to have this discussion?'

"Well not where they can watch us. You know who I'm speaking about, I have their secrets as well

Can my sister join us?"

She gestures to Jeanette Voerman.

OOC: Jeanette:
    gYbUcV.jpg

am9l8x.jpg

Lysander gestures to the room he just left with Strauss.

'Will this suffice? Yes your sister may join us. Best to get this discussion out of the way in the early days, you would agree I presume?'

The two sisters enter the room. Then Therese gestures to the chair for Lysander to sit in.

"Strauss does that not us Therese not us" Jeanette complains.

"No Strauss already did it we do it again" Therese corrects.

"Anyway my Prince I just wanted to inform you early on that another Primogen plots to dethrone you, Jeanette and I are actually the same person and there is a very old kindred and a very young one that are threats to you. And then there is the one with the old book, but he arrives. You and him want to kill somebody. Or maybe you don't yet. I forget now"

OOC: Malkavians essentially see the future and past and present both near and far. Unfortunately they only get snapshots and have trouble making sense since they're receiving this stuff all the time. Experiencing it as images and whispers in their mind

• Advertisement

The two sisters enter the room. Then Therese gestures to the chair for Lysander to sit in.

"Strauss does that not us Therese not us" Jeanette complains.

"No Strauss already did it we do it again" Therese corrects.

"Anyway my Prince I just wanted to inform you early on that another Primogen plots to dethrone you, Jeanette and I are actually the same person and there is a very old kindred and a very young one that are threats to you. And then there is the one with the old book, but he arrives. You and him want to kill somebody. Or maybe you don't yet. I forget now"

Lysander sits again.

'I believe I know this old kindred. The young one, I am not so sure of. But thank you for the warning. Is there anything I can help your clan with at present?'

"Oh and you become Prince" Therese says.

"No, when we're in the Lounge he has already done that" Jeanette corrects.

"Oh...of course, this is the part where our clan gets help. No I think we're okay, just gotta sire some more. We'll send you details. If I remember correctly you don't like one. Thank you for your time my lord"

They bow and head out. As they do Theresa Salvador enters.

"A word my lord?"

4LNvQT.jpg

Lysander remains seated, smirking.

'Might as well do this now I suppose. Tell me, are the others now waiting in a queue to meet me because I met with one?'

"No. I am the last" she says sadly.

She sits opposite him.

"My lord, I simply wish to have dinner with you. Get to know you. I know you have never experienced a Toreador banquet. Our blood will be exquisite. A performance of music and feeding art will also be offered"

OOC: Feeding art is just a sort of high class seduction of a human and then draining them to death or near death the Toreador perform. The more shocked/aroused etc the mortal is when fed on the better.

Lysander looks at Therese.

'I accept your invitation, Therese. Although I presume these will be willing meals? I can help with that you know.'

He smiles playfully.

"Some of the mortals will offer themselves, but the highest art calls for those unwilling. Jacqueline was against such crude displays, saying if it went wrong the police could track us and it would be Masquerade violating madness. Prince LaCroix appreciated the finer arts as he had been raised in good standing in France"

"Some of the mortals will offer themselves, but the highest art calls for those unwilling. Jacqueline was against such crude displays, saying if it went wrong the police could track us and it would be Masquerade violating madness. Prince LaCroix appreciated the finer arts as he had been raised in good standing in France"

'And where would these unwilling mortals be sourced from, may I ask? I'm not disallowing it, not yet anyways.

Have your dinner. Put on the greatest show you can and I will attend, and then I will make a decision on whether to permit it or not.'

"I will ensnare them myself my lord. A display for the Prince I would not leave to my childer, ghouls or my political connections.

You will approve it, once you see. I know a Kindred of taste when I see one"

She leaves the room bowing.

Lysander sighs.

So many intricacies to managing all the clans. Some seemed more helpful than others.

He muses to himself..

'Strauss genuinely seems to wish to help the city, but Voerman's feasts whilst fabulous seem like bloodsports. I need to be careful though, one would see it as a slight to approve the others and reject theirs. Some careful consideration is needed.'

He stands and goes to meet Cock Robin and Clarissa.

• Advertisement

"Hey Kid" Cock Robin greets him "Prince, nice step on the path to an Archon, remember I got my eye on you for that job my protégé. Do this Prince gig for a few decades and then join me wondering the country and dealing out justice"

He shakes Lysander's hand with as close to a smile as his bizarre features allow.

"Ly...that was a scary two years. I'm glad you're back and that you're in control. You have all you want now?"

She asks the last question hopefully.

Advertisement