Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Obliq wrote: »
    Cell groups though? Are you not imagining the handcuffs and shackles?!.....oh. Ok.

Just me :eek:

Well I certainly am now....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

assorted_fruits.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

legspin wrote: »
    Well I certainly am now....

Well...you know. It's not like they didn't take to self-flagellation and mortification of the flesh in a big way. I would have thought cell groups were the next logical step....;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Must be lonely being a church.
    Certainly must be these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

527156_10151951102400527_461561347_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,822 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Man, I love an old-time reading of the good lord's Scripture.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

276900.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

277101.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

FOR ALL OF YOU GRAMMAR AND SPELLING FANATICS, TODAY IS OCTOBER 22, INTERNATIONAL CAPSLOCK DAY TO YOU AND ME:

[url]HTTP://WWW.CAPSLOCKDAY.COM[/url]

GO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mv2qzqFUqm1soe7o9o1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Worztron wrote: »
    Angel giving some light relief
    What's that angel doing with her right hand and where is she directing her stare? That's a bit naughty and no way was it unintentional either. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mv3xsfaen01rp2ohuo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mv3vn7oRua1raw1oio1_400.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

277255.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Wibbs wrote: »
    What's that angel doing with her right hand and where is she directing her stare? That's a bit naughty and no way was it unintentional either. :D

And left hand. There looks to be a cupping action also going on

Wibbs wrote: »
    And left hand. There looks to be a cupping action also going on

I think that angel is male. The shoulders are too big for a female - at the time all females were portrayed with unnaturally sloping shoulders. Anyhow, she/he's certainly grasping that "rock" with some masculine vigor :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Obliq wrote: »
    I think that angel is male. The shoulders are too big for a female - at the time all females were portrayed with unnaturally sloping shoulders. Anyhow, she/he's certainly grasping that "rock" with some masculine vigor :D

Unless painted by Michelangelo when they were as butch as 'uck.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Unless painted by Michelangelo when they were as butch as 'uck.

Well, you do have a point but it's always been my impression that he painted them all male, and just added boobs where necessary!

michelangelo_Last_Judgement_detail_Angels_with_Trumpets6.jpg

Hmm. Male or female? Ok, I give in Bann. You're right....

ignudo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,822 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is the second one (ignudo.jpg) supposedly female? Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistine_Chapel_ceiling#Ignudi
    The Ignudi are the 20 athletic, nude males that Michelangelo painted as supporting figures at each corner of the five smaller narrative scenes that run along the centre of the ceiling.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

1383209_555670661187308_1780244635_n.jpg

277404.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Russel Brand goes twelve rounds with Jeremy Paxman. Brand wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Got to love his vocabulary.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

People not voting or just basically throwing away their votes scares me sometimes, reminds me of the Waldo Moment

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sam-parker/black-mirror-review-the-waldo-moment_b_2764672.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Looks like it's Superman and Hercules against a college student, and the student will win because Jesus is his friend (but presumably doesn't make a cameo in the film)
    Actually, there's a scene after the credits where the student arrives home, finds Jesus waiting for him to recruit him for a new superhero team, the God Squad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

^^^^^^^ Oh god(no pun)*facepalm*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

funny_boys_help_choose_clothes_hijab.jpg

277709.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

^^^^^^

Yon angels pictures above. Is the second one meant to be an angel? I ask, because it has nipples, and why would an angel need nipples?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Advertisement