Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Thunder here in Naas. Off to the South

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

pad199207 wrote: »
    Thunder here in Naas. Off to the South

Yeah, nice cell over Blessington there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thunder to the south .
    East galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

km79 wrote: »
    Thunder to the south .
    East galway

yeah, some great\nasty looking stuff coming up from Clare....rumble, rumble...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

thunder here in roscommon now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Disappointing returns so far, hopefully pick up later

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Another heavy downpour in Dublin 4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Only rain so far

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Heavy rain thunder and lightning Lifford

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Only heavy rain here so far today, no thunderstorms yet.

• Advertisement

Disappointing returns so far, hopefully pick up later

I think things will pick up a little later since cape and lift look better around 6pm. But unless there's something I'm missing, with shear and convergence looking weak it's hard to see anything really organised happening.

Edit : Looking interesting around Limerick, seems to be kicking off there a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I think things will pick up a little later since cape and lift look better around 6pm. But unless there's something I'm missing, with shear and convergence looking weak it's hard to see anything really organised happening.

Edit : Looking interesting around Limerick, seems to be kicking off there a bit now.

You were spot on about Limerick really kicking off here now big thunder with lightning and torrential downpours with an apocalyptic looking sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

geting heavy here now,tv keeps loseing signal

power just flashed off for a second:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Proper thunderstorm ongoing here- lots of fork lightning and loud bangs. Thanks to the weather god(i don't mean m.t cranium, I know he can do a lot, but controlling the weather is surely beyond him, or is it:pac:) for the welcome back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Some of those claps of Thunder here in Limerick were explosive!! First real serious stuff I've heard down here since this weather started kicking off. Still ongoing now, about half an hour of it.... :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

A lot of strikes on:http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

constant torrential rain here in Limerick for at least 30 mins and getting heavier by the sounds of it there has to be a lot of flash flooding around

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

I'm currently in Limerick, am seeing a massive wall of black out the window as I speak, sparks going off every 2 or 3 minutes...will have some pics soon.

Some of those claps of Thunder here in Limerick were explosive!! First real serious stuff I've heard down here since this weather started kicking off. Still ongoing now, about half an hour of it.... :D:D:D:D

its proper mental down here alright the loudest iv heard anyway

• Advertisement

constant torrential rain here in Limerick for at least 30 mins and getting heavier by the sounds of it there has to be a lot of flash flooding around

It's actually getting weaker at the moment, it's just that its drifting closer to the city so you might be seeing heavier rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Everything seems to pass the outskirts of Athlone.http://forecast.io/#/f/53.4233,-7.9371

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Can hear plenty thunder towards roscommon.and seen 1 fork lighting.missing here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Just after some t&l outside Limerick city. The satellite signals were blocked. Had the video camera rolling. Hope to get some footage up on YouTube later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Lovely day here in North Offaly. Showers haven't happened at all though I've seen them skirting around. The lottery of showers and thunderstorms eh? 23C too, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

There's just been a couple of rumbles of thunder in Clondalkin. I haven't seen any lightning, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

T AND L DN 22 the camera is out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Two rumbles in the past few minutes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

downpour and thunder here in Naas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The rain is belting down in Clondalkin now. I'm expecting more thunder with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement