Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah yes I remember you saying you were from Edinburgh now, I love the place.

In fact here is a pic of me some of my pals there when my whole class went, I made it out to be an album cover, cos it looks like one. :p

c909709eddf5c08025500347b52ea_3401.jpg

Oh and I love this thing:
    16102008328.jpg

Went up to the top a few times, it's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Ha, that does look like an album cover! That looks like the National Gallery in the background....
    Is that the Scott Monument? I really should know by now! I've never been in it. I like Edinburgh for reasons such as these:

3726750454_73e51b74f7.jpg

3726991973_4a1d8a5859.jpg

Digressing again, apologies :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oooh cool pics, I want to go back. Yeah i think it's the scott monument, it gets smaller and smaller as you go up, the stairs that is, nearly get stuck near the top! But worth it.

Anyway back to camping? Anybody else? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Camping will be extra awesome due to last nights brilliance, bring it on!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

haha,

Oh didn't see the fire thing. As for veggies bbq. We will need to go to town, get wooden skewer things, lots of vegetables like mushroom, onion, pepper, aubergine, wahtever you want on a skewer, burger buns, and fake meaties, oh tummy growling.
    And do we need to get a little disposibel bbq or?

Ya and lots of salads and bread, hummous etc... I was just gonna buy a massive bag of dried chickpeas and do a chickpea salad and do a load of potato salad with spuds from the garden, and a big leafy green salad cheepy styleez like!
    We can get amazing bread, cheese, olives all that sort of meditteranian style munch in the english market anyway.
    I have one of those little BBQ thingy's but we could def do with a few more if anyone has one they can throw in a car!

• Advertisement

That all sounds cool:) *makes note in head to buy tent, camping mat and sleeping bag on fri*:D All i'll need then is a lift down lol, wonders who'll volunteer...

...to pop by sligo and give me a lift??? I has petrol monies and alcohol!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

That all sounds cool:) *makes note in head to buy tent, camping mat and sleeping bag on fri*:D All i'll need then is a lift down lol, wonders who'll volunteer...

if im going ill drive down! i just have bad feeling bout it, being the weekend of my mother bday, shes not gona wana bbsit! eek

I'll draw your route, I know a shortcut.

>_>

<_<

I'll draw your route, I know a shortcut.

>_>

<_<

regina knows the way!!! dont even try fool her!

• Advertisement

oh if i get my hands on regina
    /programs most efficient route, oh look, handy, right by my house!

*turn right at tar beep*

maameeo wrote: »
    if im going ill drive down! i just have bad feeling bout it, being the weekend of my mother bday, shes not gona wana bbsit! eek
    Nice:) just tell her its something important...like a redhead convention:D i'm sure she'll understand.

Nice:) just tell her its something important...like a redhead convention:D i'm sure she'll understand.

that wud be awesome doh...redhead convention!

I can turn up with my bosco wig!

*shakes head* /hands Tar hair dye

one.of.us.one.of us

but...but...

*applies dye crying*

but...but...

*applies dye crying*

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

why do I have the feeling if I go to sleep down there I'll wake up ginger...

and in a bath tub of ice with my kidneys missing....:p

is everyone here a ginger cept Tar?

Not me....yet. I heard they're pretty sneaky with a bottle of red dye

• Advertisement

I hear the gingers like eating kidneys all right.

And we will have to be careful, they will be eyeing us up with dye and freckle tattoos. :p

is everyone here a ginger
    Why, reconsidering camping? :D
    cept Tar?

Which makes me the dominant male by default. :p

Which makes me the dominant male by default. :p

No being a mod with the power of ban hammer does that.

and you're not the only non ginger in here :cool:

smegmar wrote: »
    No being a mod with the power of ban hammer does that.
    Yeh, the chicks love it when I threaten to ban them.
    and you're not the only non ginger in here :cool:
    High five, we need to watch each others backs. :D

Does anyone coming have a mini BBQ they can bring? Oh ya TAr meant to ask ya how should I go about getting my phone number around to the PPL coming down without it being there for everyone online to see? I only have the interent at work so won't be much able to keep in contact on boards the week of the BBQ!

Well you could do what I did and just PM everybody interested your number. I'm not sure about the veggie meetup site, they probably have a PM thing too.

Don't have a bbq I'm afraid, hope some peeps do!

Cool nice one!

Once you dont have a hand up your...then i think you'll be alright:P
    smegmar wrote: »
    why do I have the feeling if I go to sleep down there I'll wake up ginger...
    because its fun to lose your soul:D
    is everyone here a ginger cept Tar?
    I'm a redhead, smegmar is a brunette and tar has hair, probably has a pink strip going down through it so i'm told:pac:

Once you dont have a hand up your...then i think you'll be alright:P

Um about that...good luck to whoever gets me as a tent buddy.

I'm a redhead, smegmar is a brunette and tar has hair, probably has a pink strip going down through it so i'm told:pac:
    Somebody has been talking and is in mucho trouble

• Advertisement

smegmar is a brunette

ahem....

I'm going to hurt you so violently whatever is left will be a scientific anomaly.

I am very much not brunette.

Advertisement