Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Now on approach back to Edinburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Air France a330 done u turn of the Mayo coast. Diverting to Shannon now. AF136(F-GZCI)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

AF136 reason appears 'security concern' according to ATC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Still holding, low alt, low speed

Flaps or gear?

Instrument failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

daelight wrote: »
    AF136 reason appears 'security concern' according to ATC

Suspicious phone found onboard.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

N92FX inbound Knock from Knoxville TN (TYS)

Impressive out of hours bill for them

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

IS that a SOP? seems excessive to me to land over a lost phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Anyone notice a 727 landing in SNN ..... 13.10 hrs today .... arriving from Vienna ..... it was fitted with Winglets so must be keeping up-to-date?

• Two American Airlines A330’s just bypassed Shannon diverting to Dublin from the ocean within 30 mins of each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Anyone pick up on AA729 LHR-Philadelphia supposed to have diverted and landed at Dublin approx. 50 mins ago. Medical diversion caused by cleaning fluid spilt on board. 2 crew members allegedly incapacitated

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Another American diverting to DUB?
    https://www.flightradar24.com/AAL787/228e12ac

AA787 CDG-CLT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Cordell

hobie14 wrote: »
    Anyone notice a 727 landing in SNN ..... 13.10 hrs today .... arriving from Vienna ..... it was fitted with Winglets so must be keeping up-to-date?

Yes, I saw it too, one of the perks of being a smoker and working in Shannon :)
    Also noticed the winglets.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Two American Airlines A330’s just bypassed Shannon diverting to Dublin from the ocean within 30 mins of each other.

Why would they have bypassed shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

fearruanua wrote: »
    Why would they have bypassed shannon?

Many reasons, availability of medical facilities, maintenance, the fact AA have a large enough operation in DUB or even the required descent profile meaning the time taken to get to either DUB or SNN is the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As above. The procedure in a non-time sensitive/medical situation is to divert to the nearest suitable airport.

Serious technical failure would of course necessitate descending to the nearest runway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Another flight apparently diverting, to Shannon this time. Just passed overhead Galway.

Alitalia AZ610. Anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Zzippy wrote: »
    Another flight apparently diverting, to Shannon this time. Just passed overhead Galway.

Alitalia AZ610. Anyone know why?

Medical

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

billie1b wrote: »
    Medical

Strange that they were diverted on a big loop north off the Mayo coast before landing in SNN rather than a direct diversion? Dumping fuel or need longer to lose altitude?

493576.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Anyone hear or see this flight this morning? It was bound for Frankfurt but diverted to dublin. Heard a plane noise around the midlands this morning and found it an unusual sound. At about 17000 feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

spuddy90 wrote: »
    Anyone hear or see this flight this morning? It was bound for Frankfurt but diverted to dublin. Heard a plane noise around the midlands this morning and found it an unusual sound. At about 17000 feet.

Just seen it was a medical emergency and landed in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/whats-on-news/vip-celeb-flown-across-cork-17111266

My eyes bleed reading this, think we finally found a worse rag than Dublin Live.

Over Ireland at the moment I count 3 Gulfstreams, the article is literally *plane in sky*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

JCX BXC wrote: »
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/whats-on-news/vip-celeb-flown-across-cork-17111266

My eyes bleed reading this, think we finally found a worse rag than Dublin Live.

Over Ireland at the moment I could 3 Gulfstreams, the article is literally *plane in sky*

'By Cormac O'Shea Deputy Editor'

He is probably still at school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

'By Cormac O'Shea Deputy Editor'

He is probably still at school

Sadly there are people who will read that who are dumb enough to learn something or be impressed by the article.

Utter drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

JCX BXC wrote: »

Over Ireland at the moment I count 3 Gulfstreams, the article is literally *plane in sky*

Good lord.

A rough estimate would have 60+ corporate jets landing in Shannon every week, I'd say you could count the amount of celebrities on 2 fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

There's a couple of Ryanair on the way from DUB to BGR (Bangor, Maine). Anyone know the reason why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭john boye

ozzy jr wrote: »
    There's a couple of Ryanair on the way from DUB to BGR (Bangor, Maine). Anyone know the reason why?

Maybe something to with the pitchfork problems? They're 2 of their older frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

ozzy jr wrote: »

En route to Victorville for pickle fork repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

EchoIndia wrote: »
    En route to Victorville for pickle fork repairs.

Rather unusual to be repairing such a vital structural part on two similar aircraft.
    I was under the opinion that a Pickle Fork support, had a life span of 90,000 cycles. These two aircraft would hardly have more than 30,000.
    Don’t tell me we’re witnessing another Boeing screw-up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

FAA issued a AD on 737 NG pickle forks, appears there is an issue possibly at manufacture/install

Repair is going to be interesting given the pickle fork is what attaches the wing box to the frame

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement