Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade & Retro Repairs & Mods, all new recipe, with no added MSG...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am, in a word, excited...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »
    Don't worry, I opened up a few SNES carts recently that you did some soldering on about a decade ago and it was like looking at lost work of Di Vinci ;)
    I just opened my original Xbox after seeing it in passing while hunting for something else, remembered that I must remove that battery capacitor as they are meant to leak...which it was doing in style! All cleaned up and then saw my early soldering. Had to redo them all, couldn't leave them like that :D
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am, in a word, excited...
    Sega/MegaCD32X excited?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah you did a whole rake of them, did a few Megadrive carts too.

Mad to think it's so long ago now that I've since had to replace the batteries in some of them!

I remember Sonic 3 stopped me in my tracks....no battery backup! It was voodoo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Sega/MegaCD32X excited?

Not sure...
    Probably not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Done a few satisfying little jobs on consoles over the weekend.

Found a Xeno gamecube modchip in a drawer so had to install that, pretty simple mod compared to those early Xbox and PS2 mods !! Little tweak of the DVD laser pot and dvd-r are a go :)

My Xbox 360 Slim started shutting down due to temperature errors and eventually refuse to boot due to over temperature - not booting because of temp error is completely bogus as its stone cold.
    Quick search confirmed this, a set of 0 Ohm resistors are know to fail on this model causing the error. Simple solder job to restore it to full health :)
    Symptom is a loud fan and flashing red led, so if you get this don't chuck it as its a handy fix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

The collection. Finally all working 100%

Painting the side art on robotron at the moment. DIY job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

L1m1tless wrote: »
    The collection. Finally all working 100%

Painting the side art on robotron at the moment. DIY job.

Wow!

Oh I know a certain mod who will be very jealous of that Robotron replica! :D

Would you be a completionist when it comes to Arcade games too?

Its a rare skill these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

nice lineup. Tetris is what I had in mind for one of those cabs . Robotron is a good idea too .

Try and get them as close as possible anyway.

I'm still learning. Took me a long time to get these done.

I used the cab I got from beejee for the tetris. Handy as it was already red ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Nice little lineup there. There's something quite neat about the sound of many arcades playing at once :)

• Advertisement

Definitly! I think I could squeeze in a couple more. Need to get a driver in here!

Definitly! I think I could squeeze in a couple more. Need to get a driver in here!

Now that you've got a dual joystick robotron, you should consider getting firetrap by data East. Fun game!

I shall check it out. Chase HQ is next if I get some money together. Grail cab for me.

I shall check it out. Chase HQ is next if I get some money together. Grail cab for me.

I remember passing on an untested chase hq board to a member here, forget who. Wonder if they got the full cabinet up and running?

Got this capcom board back at lunchtime, it had a dodgy sound section, music was a bit off. But fully working again thanks to the mysterious boardsie :p great work!

DSC-1788.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

beejee wrote: »
    Got this capcom board back at lunchtime, it had a dodgy sound section, music was a bit off. But fully working again thanks to the mysterious boardsie :p great work!

DSC-1788.jpg
    Cool, whats the board/game? Gun Smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Capcom section Z :)
    Just needed a re-cap and new DACs .
    Great little game I must say, never played it before but I had fun for the few days it was here. might be on the lookout for one at some point too :)

I remember passing on an untested chase hq board to a member here, forget who. Wonder if they got the full cabinet up and running?

Theres a chase hq 2 on adverts but the huge sit down one. :(

At least there'll be one on the new place in Limerick i can go play :D

BGOllie wrote: »
    Capcom section Z :)
    Just needed a re-cap and new DACs .
    Great little game I must say, never played it before but I had fun for the few days it was here. might be on the lookout for one at some point too :)

Getting to the actual section z level is no joke, so a game with legs too!

Thanks again :)

Theres a chase hq 2 on adverts but the huge sit down one. :(

At least there'll be one on the new place in Limerick i can go play :D

The sequel lost a bit of that playability somehow, but good that there's am original somewhere. Will definitely be down at some point to check it all out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

The sequel lost a bit of that playability somehow, but good that there's am original somewhere. Will definitely be down at some point to check it all out

Chase HQ2 was the very last arcade cabinet manufactured by the once mighty electrocoin

They brought out a lot of great machines, chase hq 2 wasn't a great endpoint. Darius was a great machine, quite cool with the double screen, and they had their own versions of the mortal kombat too

Cool, you are a wealth of knowledge!
    I've actually never played chase hq 2.

The small arcade where I grew up had the original. Trying to recreate the place at my house Haha. :)

Cool machines alright, here's the electrocoin flyers. How cool would that darius machine be to have? Probably weighs 10 ton :p

222002501.jpg

222002901.jpg

Also, someone should suggest that the limerick arcade print out the arcade advertisements to hang about the place, would look cool :)

Jesus! 45 inch monitor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thought it was 3 monitors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Wouldn't like to be moving that. HOTD2 is 250kg. Blew my hand truck out of it when it was being unloaded

That cab there must be north of 350kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭geotrig

eddhorse wrote: »
    Thought it was 3 monitors

It is as far as i remember and Darius 2 is duel screen and also has a 3 screen version

• Advertisement

Doesnt it work by having 2 monitors facing up towards a wide mirror so it looks like one screen?
    would hate to have to get the the two monitors set the same .

Advertisement