Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Hi folks, my revolut contactless limit has been reached and have to enter pin, I’m getting notification to reset my contactless limit but when i click on it, it just brings me to the balance screen it’s not giving me the option to reset, any ideas on how i do this from the app? Thanks

You probably need to update the app. I had the same issue, where I was on Android version 6.something but couldn't update the app through the play store. Updated my phone to Android 9 and hey presto, fully functioning app again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    You probably need to update the app. I had the same issue, where I was on Android version 6.something but couldn't update the app through the play store. Updated my phone to Android 9 and hey presto, fully functioning app again.

So i need a new phone to update to the latest app? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Gooser14

The current app works on Android version 6.0 and newer.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Folks

I need to get a new passport to give revolut ID for the whole Brexit thing...

Has anyone successfully submitted the passport card as a form of ID...would they accept that or do they want the booklet version...

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

celticsfan wrote: »
    Folks

I need to get a new passport to give revolut ID for the whole Brexit thing...

Has anyone successfully submitted the passport card as a form of ID...would they accept that or do they want the booklet version...

Thanks
    Just submit it and find out. I would imagine they will accept it, but if they don't just get a full version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You can’t *just* get a passport card. You need to get the booklet (the card is an add on)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Dodge wrote: »
    You can’t *just* get a passport card. You need to get the booklet (the card is an add on)

Ah crap,was just browsing on the mobile and didnt notice that...75eur job it is so :D

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Gooser14 wrote: »
    The current app works on Android version 6.0 and newer.

It might "work", but does it give you all the functionality.

I only know from my experience. I had Android 6.something and the Revolut app was fully updated, as per the play store. I also reached the credit limit and and didn't have the option in the app to reset it.

My phone was rooted and was already running a custom rom, so I just installed a rom with Android 9 and now Revolut is working perfectly fine.

Can't get the AIB app to work though, but that's for a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    It might "work", but does it give you all the functionality.

I only know from my experience. I had Android 6.something and the Revolut app was fully updated, as per the play store. I also reached the credit limit and and didn't have the option in the app to reset it.

My phone was rooted and was already running a custom rom, so I just installed a rom with Android 9 and now Revolut is working perfectly fine.

Can't get the AIB app to work though, but that's for a different thread.

I'm currently running Revolut app Version 6.12 on an Android Version 6.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy S5 phone) and the Contactless Limit Reset function is working fine.

I access it this way:
    Cards > Pin & Security > Reset Contactless Limit

It also came up automatically when I reached the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Anyone dealt with a Revolut chargeback?

Had a fraudulent transaction the other day while abroad. Froze the card, made contact with them etc.

Today they allowed me to fill in a chargeback form... now a waiting game. They had to wait until the transaction completed before I could make a claim.

It's not a huge amount but that's not the point. Have been using cards for over 15 years and the first time it's happened. Good thing it was Revolut, the transaction popped up and cancelled right away... should have it frozen by default but hey ho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

JohnCleary wrote: »

Yep - search the this thread for "chargeback". I had one earlier this year and it took a while but was handled efficiently by revolut and I got the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

JohnCleary wrote: »

Had a fraudulent transaction the other day while abroad. Froze the card, made contact with them etc.

Today they allowed me to fill in a chargeback form... now a waiting game. They had to wait until the transaction completed before I could make a claim.

It's not a huge amount but that's not the point. Have been using cards for over 15 years and the first time it's happened. Good thing it was Revolut, the transaction popped up and cancelled right away... should have it frozen by default but hey ho

Just an update on this....

Submitted the Chargeback form on Oct 18th

Received full refund on.... Oct 19th!

Superb service from Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Recently joined revolut. Trying to set up a payment link to organise payments from multiple people for a christmas lunch, when i try to create a link it says "sorry for security reasons you need to top up more and use a card before using this feature." I have added €1000 to it and spent around 800 on the card. I guess their algorithm is blocking on the basis that i am recently joined? Anyone know how I can get past this blockage?

I ordered a physical card in case that would help. i mostly have this as a mechanism to feed money to my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I have a standard revolut account. I need to make a large currency exchange - does anyone know can you sign up for the premium card for just a month (to avail of no fees for forex over €6000, otherwise its 0.5% so i might as well use transferwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I have a standard revolut account. I need to make a large currency exchange - does anyone know can you sign up for the premium card for just a month (to avail of no fees for forex over €6000, otherwise its 0.5% so i might as well use transferwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah sign up for the month. You'll get charged though for cancelling, but will make a saving overall I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Yeah sign up for the month. You'll get charged though for cancelling, but will make a saving overall I reckon.

Just don’t order a premium card as otherwise you have to pay an extra charge once you cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Phone and card stolen. Anyone know how to access my revolut account. Have managed to call on freeze card but have money on my account that I need. If I could transfer it to someone else it would be perfect.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

KevinK wrote: »
    Phone and card stolen. Anyone know how to access my revolut account. Have managed to call on freeze card but have money on my account that I need. If I could transfer it to someone else it would be perfect.

You'll need to pick up a replacement SIM and pop it into another phone to regain access to Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

KevinK wrote: »

This might help. It seems that you can download the app on a new (or perhaps another) smartphone and get a code to get access to a virtual card for your account in the meantime.

There were posts here a while back about people in similar circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

RoYoBo wrote: »
    This might help. It seems that you can download the app on a new (or perhaps another) smartphone and get a code to get access to a virtual card for your account in the meantime.

There were posts here a while back about people in similar circumstances.

Wasn't there an English guy recently who had his card and phone stolen and the robber did this to access the account and cleaned the victim out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

jakdublin wrote: »
    Wasn't there an English guy recently who had his card and phone stolen and the robber did this to access the account and cleaned the victim out?

That would be a bit more involved to do that though.

Just accessing the Revolut app without PIN or fingerprint won't work.

Moving the Revolut app to a new phone having the SIM maybe. Can't remember, if there are additional security questions there. That could be prevented though, if the SIM PIN is enabled. No go then.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Is the live chat really slow for anyone else I'm waiting over a day for a response and I'm a premium member

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Conchurl wrote: »
    Is the live chat really slow for anyone else I'm waiting over a day for a response and I'm a premium member

Have you typed "live agent" to request a live agent ?

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Marlow wrote: »
    Have you typed "live agent" to request a live agent ?

/M

I'm currently in a live chat with an advisor from a few days ago. But he isn't responding and no icon to end it an I have tried typing everything into it but it still won't end. And no icon to start a new chat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Conchurl wrote: »
    I'm currently in a live chat with an advisor from a few days ago. But he isn't responding and no icon to end it an I have tried typing everything into it but it still won't end. And no icon to start a new chat

Sometimes your best getting onto them on twitter as the live agent thing for me can be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

Has anyone used their revolut card when hiring a car in UK? Lets say you have €200 on card, car rental costs £120, but afaik the car hire debits your account for £600 or so in case of an accident,but refunds this upon returning the car. what happens when insurance company debits your card for holding amount & not enough funds?
    I can use my own CC, but I pay the fee on that
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

chancer007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone used their revolut card when hiring a car in UK? Lets say you have €200 on card, car rental costs £120, but afaik the car hire debits your account for £600 or so in case of an accident,but refunds this upon returning the car. what happens when insurance company debits your card for holding amount & not enough funds?
    I can use my own CC, but I pay the fee on that
    Thanks

it will decline the payment as you have insuffiecient funds

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Car rentals are notorious for wanting credit cards. They need a way of charging you for damage after you drop the car back. They can’t do this on prepaid debits so the majority of them demand credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

is the best way to get Sterling by withdrawing when over there? Going with a gang so will need some cash at my disposal...would atm fees be additional I wonder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement