Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netanyahu promises to annex Jordan Valley

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Bibi is a bit like the DUP, his hatred for the Palestinians and his myopic views will do more damage to Israel in the long run than the PLO or Hamas. could ever hope to. It is interesting watching him implode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Odhinn

hamsin wrote: »
    And now I stop discussion with you.

Again - What's your opinion on the planned annexation?

The stealing of Palestinian land is nothing new, the Israelis will never stop their robbery until the world takes action against them. They are so messed up that they still see themselves as victims despite the carnage, murder and mayhem they have created in the region.

The stealing of Palestinian land is nothing new, the Israelis will never stop their robbery until the world takes action against them. They are so messed up that they still see themselves as victims despite the carnage, murder and mayhem they have created in the region.

Actually they only need to keep on the good side of the US. The current government in washington has basically left them free to do what they will, so Netanyahu is quite right in saying this is a great opportunity to grab more land.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

his myopic views will do more damage to Israel
    It's not your country, not your people, it's not your buisness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

It's not exactly your country either mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Charlee Dazzling Wildcat

Israel has made one mistake in its treatment of "foreigners" in it's land.

It's forgotten that they were once foreigners and slaves as well and have forgotten to how they were told to treat them.

You just have to read the law and the prophets to see Israel is wrong in its treatment of the Arabs.

Thanks for that , I understand that you may have issues . I should also remind you that Palestine is not your country either and you are not welcome there but deep down you already know that.

In the deepest reassess of your soul somewhere you understand that killing men, women and children and stealing their land is not the basis for a happy and fruitful life. I can see from your posts that the situation has had a bad effect on you but if you accept that you can be wrong all is not lost for you.

It's not exactly your country either mate.
    It's exactly my country and it's exactly not your business.

Then you might give us your opinion of the proposed annexation?

• Advertisement

What part of Palestine are you from?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Then you might give us your opinion of the proposed annexation?
    If you "know facts" (and you know nothing), you don't need my opinion.
    Do you understand my simple English? I stopped useless discussion with you.

If you "know facts" (and you know nothing), you don't need my opinion.
    Do you understand my simple English? I stopped useless discussion with you.

Why can't you comment on the subject of the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That's why the Jewish state was created. Thanks for advise.
    banie01 wrote: »
    For the sake of polite discourse and the avoidance of the discussion descending into accusations of anti-Semitism, please don't invoke the Jewishness of the Israeli state as a justification.

I don't discuss with antisemitic idiots.

It didn't take you long to revert to the anti Semite card did it?

The illegal actions of Israel are not actions of the Jewish people.
    Why do you persist upon making disagreeing with Israeli policy a matter of Religion?

Is the congruence of Nationalism, Zionism and religion the only defence left to Israeli right wingers?
    Where calling a nation state out for its evident wrongs, needs to be portrayed as being anti-Semitism?
    Really?
    You do know that BiBi's or indeed any Israeli persons religion isn't the issue here?

The issue is National aggression and posturing, the marginalisation of a whole segment of a nations society based on their being not "Palestinian" but Israeli Arab?
    That outright sectarianism is a pillar of what Israel calls its domestic policy, but that others would reasonably call international policy?

But its Israel that's the victim?
    How does that work?
    We have a few politicians to the North of us who would love to learn that trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Who asked you to defend Israel? Anyway, I as an Israeli don't need it. Thanks.
    Now, Israel is an independent state and it knows what it needs or doesn't need to do according to its national and security interests. That's why the Jewish state was created. Thanks for advise.

I asked myself, and I don't particularly care if others request my intervention or not on this forum, unless that person has a bolded username or is quoting the rules.

Now, as to why I ended up defending Israel, well simply put I found myself quite irritated with a lot of pretty obvious hypocrisy that surrounded the topic of Israel. I would see people losing their minds in rage whenever there was a violent outburst involving the Israelis and have little to say when yet another Syrian massacre was announced. I was perturbed to hear people list UN GA Resolutions as some kind of final word on the issue, and have nothing to say when I noted the UNHCR had passed more resolutions condemning Israel than the rest of the world combined. I also found myself darkly amused when people tried to stir up the urgency of Israel's 'colonization' of the Palestinians, at the same time as about a million Rohingya ended up extirpated from Myanmar with hardly a word of protest. I see what I see and I observe accordingly. I observed the follow of some those standards then as I observe some of the follies of Israeli foreign policy now - there is no mutual exclusiveness between the two.

As for what will become of Israel and my 'advice' - firstly I don't think anyone here is deluded enough to imagine the Israeli government is consulting the Politics forum of boards when it comes to informing its policy choices. You might have observed quite a few discussions about foreign policy issues on this forum and I suspect they will continue whether they are invited or not. It may benefit you as I dare say it has benefit me, to observe these discussions not simply to reinforce your own views, but to try and challenge them as well. Listening to ones opponents has quite a bit of use, it helps you improve your own arguments and allows you to see which views one holds which cannot be sustained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And now I stop discussion with you.

Bulldoze his house!

Pot, kettle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Pot, kettle?

Yeah bang on, and we're anti semetic in his eyes for having an opinion

banie01 wrote: »
    Why do you persist upon making disagreeing with Israeli policy a matter of Religion?
    I even didn't mention religion. You are just another troll.

Whats your assesment of Netanyahus plan to annex the areas in the Jordan valley?

• Advertisement

Antisemitism relates to the Jewish religion. You didn't know this?

That's why the Jewish state was created. Thanks for advise.

I know you English is pretty bad but your comprehension and memory are appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You did.
    I have twice quoted your invocation of the Jewish state.
    I'll do it again now just so you can review and reassess it.
    That's why the Jewish state was created.

You are the only person who has brought this to a religious level, and you are the one who has claimed anti-semitism.
    If you are going to claim you never said something, try and make sure that.
    1. You didn't say it! And
    2. Nobody has actually quoted you.

It doesn't behoove you, nor does it portray you or rhetorical skills in a good light when you resort to name-calling or claiming sectarian bias.

I asked myself, and I don't particularly care if others request my intervention or not on this forum, unless that person has a bolded username or is quoting the rules.

Now, as to why I ended up defending Israel, well simply put I found myself quite irritated with a lot of pretty obvious hypocrisy that surrounded the topic of Israel. I would see people losing their minds in rage whenever there was a violent outburst involving the Israelis and have little to say when yet another Syrian massacre was announced. I was perturbed to hear people list UN GA Resolutions as some kind of final word on the issue, and have nothing to say when I noted the UNHCR had passed more resolutions condemning Israel than the rest of the world combined. I also found myself darkly amused when people tried to stir up the urgency of Israel's 'colonization' of the Palestinians, at the same time as about a million Rohingya ended up extirpated from Myanmar with hardly a word of protest. I see what I see and I observe accordingly. I observed the follow of some those standards then as I observe some of the follies of Israeli foreign policy now - there is no mutual exclusiveness between the two.

As for what will become of Israel and my 'advice' - firstly I don't think anyone here is deluded enough to imagine the Israeli government is consulting the Politics forum of boards when it comes to informing its policy choices. You might have observed quite a few discussions about foreign policy issues on this forum and I suspect they will continue whether they are invited or not. It may benefit you as I dare say it has benefit me, to observe these discussions not simply to reinforce your own views, but to try and challenge them as well. Listening to ones opponents has quite a bit of use, it helps you improve your own arguments and allows you to see which views one holds which cannot be sustained.
    When you find for me at least one sane opponent, I probably will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Sand

At this stage troops should be moved in to stop the Israelis.

That's a just a long winded way of going to war with the USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Short-sighted by Netanyahu but then the whole settlement enterprise is.

So intertwined are Israelis and Palestinians now that it is almost impossible to foresee a two-state solution and Israeli annexation of the entirety of the West Bank and a Palestinian struggle for equal rights in a single state is quite possible.

Short-sighted by Netanyahu but then the whole settlement enterprise is.

So intertwined are Israelis and Palestinians now that it is almost impossible to foresee a two-state solution and Israeli annexation of the entirety of the West Bank and a Palestinian struggle for equal rights in a single state is quite possible.

I would expect the land grabs to avoid taking in Palestinians wherever possible.

Sand wrote: »
    That's a just a long winded way of going to war with the USA.

TBF, Trump is a basket case who admires dictators.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

At this stage troops should be moved in to stop the Israelis. It's the slow erasion of a people.

They would have to be UN troops and the US would go against it. Big Jewish lobby in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I don't discuss with antisemitic idiots.
    Your opinion is irrelevant.
    I don't care.

Mod note:

Please read the politics forum charter before posting again. One line digs at other posters is not acceptable

Advertisement