Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Jersey Graveyard Photos

• 29-09-2019 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know how I can obtain a photo of a headstone in a New Jersey graveyard. I have the section and plot information of 4 graves so they would be very easy to locate in the cemetery.

I have tried requesting the photos on findagrave.com but no luck so far.
    It's Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City.

I was wondering is there any forum i could post on or who I could contact in this case. I feel there could be some information on the headstone that would help on the relationships between those buried together in the plot, also, it would be nice to have a picture either way!

EDIT: I have just contacted the Arcdiocese of Newark, who own the cemetery. Hopefully I here something useful from them. Still open to furthar suggestions though JIC!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Random acts of genealogical kindness are always worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

spurious wrote: »
    Random acts of genealogical kindness are always worth a try.

Perfect! Ill give it a try. Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Annie48

There are several New Jersey area genealogical groups on Facebook, and at least one active Holy Name photographer there. I've often helped her with the microfilm records from the cemetery.

Please do understand that, sadly, many plots have no markers. Some of my family is in Holy Name, without a marker in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Annie48 wrote: »

Please do understand that, sadly, many plots have no markers. Some of my family is in Holy Name, without a marker in sight.

No markers is what I'm afraid!! But hopefully I get something extra than I already know!

Thanks for the tip I'll check it out !

Advertisement