Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

7 hours after it began and internet is still going down. What kind of complete imbeciles do they have working over there? They've also closed all customer lines, they don't care at all. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Goes down at 20mins past the hour every two hours.
    Back up around 15mins after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

This has been going on for over a month for me I’d say. All good then green lights flashing for about 10 minutes, no World Wide Web for me, a few times a day. Then back to normal.

Sort it out, Sir Richard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

KungPao wrote: »
    This has been going on for over a month for me I’d say. All good then green lights flashing for about 10 minutes, no World Wide Web for me, a few times a day. Then back to normal.

Sort it out, Sir Richard.
    Nothing to do with Richard. Liberty Global lease the Virgin name only. Your ongoing issue is different from the current widespread issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Wait till tomorrow when the WFH crowd hits the network to find it not working fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

17mins past the hour and it goes tits up. Been doing this since 5:17 this evening.

If this isn't sorted by morning WFH tomorrow is going to be a disaster.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Wait till tomorrow when the WFH crowd hits the network to find it not working fully.
    Work from home crowd found this already - we weren't all gone off by 17:16 today! Quite frustrating and it'll be a huge issue for millions tomorrow and likely a huge issue already for those in South America on different time zones.

ixoy wrote: »
    Work from home crowd found this already - we weren't all gone off by 17:16 today! Quite frustrating and it'll be a huge issue for millions tomorrow and likely a huge issue already for those in South America on different time zones.

Totally agree. My own connection here had been find till about 17:00hrs today. One person here that WFH. Might mention the bad news to them now, so they can plan ahead if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Pity its is the only show in town , its a ****e service and constantly drops off. The bill keeps going up 2 euro every few months as well. 65 euro now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Gone to **** again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Switched to data. Worst possible time for these outages.

A lot of trouble tomorrow for WFH if not fixed.

If I was to hazard a guess, Virgin like any good IT company, have relied on one lad to do one important task, that Virgin themselves have no idea how important it is and have failed to have it documented or trained someone else up on it. Now that person has either gone seriously sick or walked. Now this important task has come back to bite them on the arse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Major attack underway on Liberty Global's broadband infrastructure according to Twitter. Outages worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

All I see is the eagle eyed noticing it's occurring at 17 minutes past the hour.

Nothing about an attack. It would not be acknowledged anyway if it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Major attack underway on Liberty Global's broadband infrastructure according to Twitter. Outages worldwide.

Yep. My friends cousins brothers dog walkers baristas flatmate knows someone who was behind the attack. Cos that’s just a more exciting theory than an actual technical fault.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Could they not just unplug it and then plug it back in...because that's what their f**king "engineers" tell me to do when I ring them with problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I hope they sort this. I likely have college exams monitored online in 2 weeks time. I can't afford this sh1t to be happening as well. Been fine for the 9 months previous we have had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    I hope they sort this. I likely have college exams monitored online in 2 weeks time. I can't afford this sh1t to be happening as well. Been fine for the 9 months previous we have had it.

Ah you ll be grand, they ll sort it soon, best of luck with the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

Sure you can use your phones hotspot as a back up. Be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah you ll be grand, they ll sort it soon, best of luck with the exams

Ya I figure they will. It seems better this morning but 20 past 8 hasn't hit yet ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    Ya I figure they will. It seems better this morning but 20 past 8 hasn't hit yet ha ha ha

Ah it's a major outage, they ll sort it soon, was forced out onto my mobile last night, oh the humanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah it's a major outage, they ll sort it soon, was forced out onto my mobile last night, oh the humanity!

My mobile data went at the same time. Felt like the end of days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am kinda hoping it goes for a few hours this morning. Could do with a break from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Still down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I've been connected since 07:45 and no problems. South County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I've been connected since 07:45 and no problems. South County Dublin

I'm in West dub and it was a bit iffy yesterday evening. (The net not West Dub).

Today its out completely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Perfect here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Rock solid Galway City so far today.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Is it broken again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

01902 wrote: »
    Is it broken again?

no

Advertisement