Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Piers Morgan

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

I often wonder does Susanna Reid love him or loath him?

I've been watching their programme for a while now and while i don't like Morgan. Reid is equally dangerous with her Tory, right wing views, a dangerous one I tell you, if one can see past the good looks/smile

moritz1234 wrote: »
    I've been watching their programme for a while now and while i don't like Morgan. Reid is equally dangerous with her Tory, right wing views, a dangerous one I tell you, if one can see past the good looks/smile

She used to be OK on the Beeb, then got notions....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75RI0EoV92c

I though Piers handled Ayesha Hazarika very well in this current debate over Megan Markel and racism. By the end of the discussion she had to back down from racism to 'racially motivated'. Particularly satisfying for me as I can't bear Ayesha Hazarika.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He's one of those people that I genuinely genuinely wonder how they live with themselves.where do people like him get their self esteem? He cannot possibly think he's a good person or adds anything worthwhile in the world.i wonder how folk like him don't kill themselves while many talented,caring and intelligent people do? The only thing I can think is that people like him must be more evolutionary closer to rats than human as they would chose to survive at all costs. Even if it means living with no dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

smurgen wrote: »
    He's one of those people that I genuinely genuinely wonder how they live with themselves.where do people like him get their self esteem? He cannot possibly think he's a good person or adds anything worthwhile in the world
    He exposed British war crimes in Iraq and paid a high price for it.

He is from Banagher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'd fucking love to see him face a few more overs from Brett Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

smurgen wrote: »
    He's one of those people that I genuinely genuinely wonder how they live with themselves.where do people like him get their self esteem? He cannot possibly think he's a good person or adds anything worthwhile in the world.i wonder how folk like him don't kill themselves while many talented,caring and intelligent people do? The only thing I can think is that people like him must be more evolutionary closer to rats than human as they would chose to survive at all costs. Even if it means living with no dignity.

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

He’s grand, we live in a world where nobody can have opinions of anything, some things I’m like why would you even bother but least he has a view. Too many people just drift through life, I respect him even if his wum antics seem forced. He obviously is just one of those people that gets hooked on stuff and needs to have a slant whether for the lols to annoy people, create controversy, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wibbs wrote: »
    He's a professional angry man and attention seeker. Keeps the money coming in.

Exactly - he has no opinion on anything, just a spin that will keep him in the public eye and sell whatever the hell he's selling at the minute.

That being said, i do quite like him as an interviewer.

I'm a quivering mess of contradictions me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

He’s grand, we live in a world where nobody can have opinions of anything, some things I’m like why would you even bother but least he has a view. Too many people just drift through life, I respect him even if his wum antics seem forced. He obviously is just one of those people that gets hooked on stuff and needs to have a slant whether for the lols to annoy people, create controversy, who knows?
    Lol, the guy is in his mid 50s having a hissy fit like a toddler and orchestrating a venom laden smear campaign against someone for no reason, and you "respect" him.

You do know that the above isn't necessary to express a view?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This one time, Jeremy Clarkson punched him in the face and it was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Lol, the guy is in his mid 50s having a hissy fit like a toddler and orchestrating a venom laden smear campaign against someone for no reason, and you "respect" him.

You do know that the above isn't necessary to express a view?

Wasn't it because he was sucking up to her and she blanked him?

He's a god awful wanker all things considered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

He exposed British war crimes in Iraq. The Brexitlanders can't stand to have an Irishman show them up. He's from Banagher. He's a proud BIFFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Piers Morgan was the editor at the Mirror while the journalists were "hacking" (I use the term lightly) the voicemails of various mobile phone in the hunt for stories. Including the voicemail of a murdered teenage girl.

There is no way that he, as editor, did not know about and approve of this activity.

His entire existence is one big tabloid wind up. He is very popular with the same kind of people who fervently believe that most women are lying about rape, and that there's no racism in Ireland. Which tells you everything you need to know about the gutter scum he directs his message at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Hoop66

He was rejected, sexually, by Meghan Markle which is where that particular strain of his unpleasantness comes from.

Mostly, of course, it's self-aggrandisement.

His "outrage" when Greggs produced a vegan sausage roll, served 2 purposes: first, to reassure all the idiot rw little-englander types who read his columns that he is "on their side" in the battle against whatever. Secondly, he shares a publicist with Greggs, and it generated lots of lovely publicity for their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

he voted remain. says it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Hoop66 wrote: »
    He was rejected, sexually, by Meghan Markle which is where that particular strain of his unpleasantness comes from.

His "outrage" when Greggs produced a vegan sausage roll, served 2 purposes: first, to reassure all the idiot rw little-englander types who read his columns that he is "on their side" in the battle against whatever. Secondly, he shares a publicist with Greggs, and it generated lots of lovely publicity for their product.

Can't seem to find that bit. Can you quote that bit for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Due to Post Wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

he voted remain. says it all.

I don't believe him, it was just a useful narrative for him to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hoop66 wrote: »

Greggs have had a phenomenal year, financials wise.

Compare that the Subway Meatless Meatball Marinara and the KFC vegan "chicken" burger and you can his rants exactly for what they were.

I bet his investment portfolio had a long position on greggs!

He's very familiar with stock price movements!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

razorblunt wrote: »
    Greggs have had a phenomenal year, financials wise.

Compare that the Subway Meatless Meatball Marinara and the KFC vegan "chicken" burger and you can his rants exactly for what they were.

I bet his investment portfolio had a long position on greggs!

He's very familiar with stock price movements!

Piers reminds me of one of those people in work, who yeah might know a lot and be smart but will never let other people have their say. The amount of time he interrupts Susanna Reid or doesn't let he ask a question looks terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Piers reminds me of one of those people in work, who yeah might know a lot and be smart but will never let other people have their say. The amount of time he interrupts Susanna Reid or doesn't let he ask a question looks terrible

He shouts down everyone that comes on for a debate. He’s a moron. The big fat head on him.

I watch his show sometimes, and find him interesting. He's loud and rude, but TBH there are so few people willing to push for a direct & non bs answer. He doesn't give his "guests" a free pass on anything.

As with most celebs, I know nothing about him as a person, and I honestly don't care.

Advertisement