Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Big mug of homemade soup. It would bring the dead to life!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see Greed at the cinema on Friday evening
    Table quiz on Saturday

Decided to see Call of the Wild instead

madmaggie wrote: »
    Big mug of homemade soup. It would bring the dead to life!

And really warm you up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Thinking ahead to summer evenings and a firelit party with a few special people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

We had a group of kids from Barnardo's attend the stables today. When they arrived they all looked bored and disinterested. When I showed them how to tie a lasso and the importance of keeping the knot on the side of the animals neck. They seem to perk up and loved the folklore I shared with them. It made me happy that they were interested but also made me sad. The young are starved for attention and knowledge from their peers if only we made the extra effort instead of letting the internet babysit them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

My dog sitting with paws crossed - the little aristocrat.

Pancake Tuesday coming up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th that the "Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?" is really active lately.

• Th that the "Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?" is really active lately.

Oohh I forgot about that thread. Heading over for a nosey!!

• Th that the "Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?" is really active lately.

Ah jaysus, that person who was making conversation with a dead body outside the operating theatre!!!!! :D - I'm laughing but it's truly awful!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah jaysus, that person who was making conversation with a dead body outside the operating theatre!!!!! :D - I'm laughing but it's truly awful!

Indeed! I was like :eek::eek:

I like various kinds of photography. Latest thing to.catch my attention is a 'tog doing "elopement weddings" mainly here in the West. I find the series of photos taken in the rugged windswept misty countryside fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The smell of fresh paint in my living room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy to be all snugged in with so much lovely food after the grocery drop last evening I don't know where to start... Rain is lashing the windows and the gale howling. but snugged in.... Old age is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

A little vain, but TH I'm having a good hair day today. My hair is my favourite part of me (physically), but because of illness, hard water, and not being able to get my usual shampoo it's looked crap for about three months. But today the curls are defined and bouncy and a little shiny, and it seems to be turning proper red again (it usually goes a bit browner/auburn-y in winter and it's been super dull recently). So I'm happy.

Love this ^^^ :)
    TH another photo I just saw, this time a field awash with yellow buttercups. Even buttercups seem more rare these days. And theres a silver, pink and blue, sunny sky in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My friend asked my advice on a person both she and her husband are friendly with and is in my view taking wild advantage of them financially and personally.

Happy that life let me give her the space to vent and advise her on what tack to take with this person, talking to her today, she seems much happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Writing here today, gave me the space to send off an email that had been handing over me for over a week and felt like I was asking for the world.
    More than ta that its done and dusted.

Planning imminently to join these critters .... How many cats do you see! Happy cats and happy me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Lasagne and it’s deliciousness.

Happy belly = happy Harleen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,150 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can't mention that one.Theres also Kitten, Angel, and Princess. Betraying my feminist upbringing, but the heart wants what the heart wants :) ok snuggle monkey honey bunny xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Graces7 wrote: »
    Planning imminently to join these critters .... How many cats do you see! Happy cats and happy me

3 cats ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A friend of mine, who have tried IVF a few times and has had 2 miscarriages and 2 still births, just gave birth to their healthy baby boy! Delighted!

cjmc wrote: »
    Can't mention that one.Theres also Kitten, Angel, and Princess. Betraying my feminist upbringing, but the heart wants what the heart wants :) ok snuggle monkey honey bunny xxx

:D
    I believe Daddy is a popular term of endearment these days.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    3 cats ?

Give that person a PURR!

On the left I think Bella, then the head is Boycat and the body Oliver. All snuggled up on my one good chair on handknitted blankets..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hello, new here and apologies in advance if I'm on the wrong track with this thread but I just had to post something happy and saw nowhere else.

Our fifth grandchild was born today. A boy, and mammy and baby are both very well. Over the moon more than trivial happiness.

• Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Hello, new here and apologies in advance if I'm on the wrong track with this thread but I just had to post something happy and saw nowhere else.

Our fifth grandchild was born today. A boy, and mammy and baby are both very well. Over the moon more than trivial happiness.

:) Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

That’s exactly what this thread is for! Congratulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Congratulations Jim!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,150 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cjmc wrote: »

:D
    I believe Daddy is a popular term of endearment these days.

Oh dear Widders , I am the daddy

Advertisement