Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you working today?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Nope. We're open but I've AL to take. On call tomorrow night so I'll go in for a few hours tomorrow at some point then not again til 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I was back in today but got off early as it's dead in work, back in tomorrow thou, I hate all you feckers that are off till Jan, hope those people are making the most of it n not going to be complaining about been bored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Nope, never work during Christmas. Been off since last Wednesday and not back to work until next Wednesday (3rd Jan).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i have worked christmas eve / christmas day and stephens day every year for the last 6 years its just another day . finished now until 6th january

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I worked Christmas Day and Stephens Day but I got well paid for it and I'm using the money to take my family on holidays. Off now for a week as well so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

i have worked christmas eve / christmas day and stephens day every year for the last 6 years its just another day . finished now until 6th january
    eviltwin wrote: »
    I worked Christmas Day and Stephens Day but I got well paid for it and I'm using the money to take my family on holidays. Off now for a week as well so can't complain.

Do ye not miss spending time with family and friends around Christmas?

I would never work on Christmas Eve/day for all the money in the world. Well I'd consider it for like 1 billion and the retire early. But for double/triple pay not a hope.

I've had great fun and really enjoyed the time, also created some great memories around Christmas. It's alien to me, when I hear someone is working on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. I really feel sorry for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Living in the US, was on-call Christmas Day and worked St. Stephen's day (it's not a holiday here). I'll be on-call New Years Eve and for part of New Years Day too then that's it for bank holidays here until the end of May! :mad:

Have to say, I like working this time of year. When everybody else is off, I get a lot more work done!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Living in the US, was on-call Christmas Day and worked St. Stephen's day (it's not a holiday here). I'll be on-call New Years Eve and for part of New Years Day too then that's it for bank holidays here until the end of May! :mad:

Have to say, I like working this time of year. When everybody else is off, I get a lot more work done!

That's tough...

I'm back in on the 8th. Then I won't see another week off till the mid term in February. That's it then till Easter. Gets tougher every year.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Irony! What days would you consider working Job Seeker :D
    With his medical card no doubt! :pac:
    splinter65 wrote: »
    All day on Tuesdays and 1/2 day Thursday. That’s most Jobseekers I know.
    X's and O's?
    Meh... a lot of pressure there....gotta go all the way to the dole office with the dockets....
    Cant yer ma bring them when she is doing her messages?

Only seen these replies now! :pac::pac::pac:

As I previously stated, I am on sick leave from work. But not receiving any illness benefit! Which I don't mind! I don't even have a medical card!

The boards handle is just a name nothing more! Although, it does draw attention! Which I find funny!
    But if you needed an ambulance you’d expect one to come....am I right ....!

Obviously it wouldn't make sense for doctors, nurses and our ambulance services not to be working this time of year. For obvious reasons. But for me personally, I just prefer to spend Christmas with family and friends! I actually prefer to take my holidays around Christmas and work the other months of the year. However, that may just be me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

job seeker wrote: »
    Do ye not miss spending time with family and friends around Christmas?

I would never work on Christmas Eve/day for all the money in the world. Well I'd consider it for like 1 billion and the retire early. But for double/triple pay not a hope.

I've had great fun and really enjoyed the time, also created some great memories around Christmas. It's alien to me, when I hear someone is working on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. I really feel sorry for them..

i dont have any kids so its not really a big deal for me . i spend the evening and the days after with family and friends . someone has to do it in my department and the rest of the guys have kids so it would be harder for them to do it . that and i get nearly 4 weeks wages for sitting on me hole :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Poll needs option to distinguish "working" from "in work"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

In work, done my first proactive piece of work so far, if someone doesn't call me back, that will be it for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was actually off today, and again tomorrow.

:)

Advertisement