Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

If anyone's interested, that radio is gone down a couple of bucks to just under $17 around €14. That's well under the threshold for customs to bother with, so it won't be hit with taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is this drone still available for the reduced price and is it worth the money

Also what’s it working out all in for the full drone and controller or does the controller not come with it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Is this drone still available for the reduced price and is it worth the money

?? Have a read through the thread, there's plenty of reviews and video uploads.

Also what’s it working out all in for the full drone and controller or does the controller not come with it

Everything you need to fly apart from a micro SD is included. You may want to purchase an extra battery and props, but not essential.

Guy I was looking at buying a drone from but his drone was huge swore blind that the xiaomi were ****e etc.

I was on the verge of ordering one and he turned me off

Have people had issue losing I read? Is the return to home not optimized

Guy I was looking at buying a drone from but his drone was huge swore blind that the xiaomi were ****e etc.

He obviously didn't know what he was talking about!
    Have people had issue losing I read? Is the return to home not optimized

I think there's been one issue on the thread, which is still pretty annoying but never had an issue myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

tedpan wrote: »
    He obviously didn't know what he was talking about!

I think there's been one issue on the thread, which is still pretty annoying but never had an issue myself.

Nor me. I've had no real problems, and for the small few I did have it was down to my own errors. Super drone IMO

Thanks

Maybe he was pushing the drone he was selling

Can I ask could this drone be used professionally or are the higher end drone generally used for videos etc

Thanks

Can I ask could this drone be used professionally or are the higher end drone generally used for videos etc

It's got a 4K camera, and if you check out some youtube videos of its footage, it's hard to argue with it's quality. I suppose it depends on how professional you are looking for. It's as good a camera as out there, pretty much, and it's real simple to fly. You won't have the same amount of features as a DJI MAvic pro for instance, but at a third of the price, it's great value.

Xiaomi are actually a very reputable company. I have one of their phones, and a dash cam too, and can't fault them. Sounds like the guy was pushing his own alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ltec

Thanks

It's got a 4K camera, and if you check out some youtube videos of its footage, it's hard to argue with it's quality. I suppose it depends on how professional you are looking for. It's as good a camera as out there, pretty much, and it's real simple to fly. You won't have the same amount of features as a DJI MAvic pro for instance, but at a third of the price, it's great value.

Xiaomi are actually a very reputable company. I have one of their phones, and a dash cam too, and can't fault them. Sounds like the guy was pushing his own alright.
    What phone do you have?
    What do you think of it?
    And was it from gearbest?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Few videos ive seen there was shots of the blades rotating. Not sure if that can be eradicated or not.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote:
    Few videos ive seen there was shots of the blades rotating. Not sure if that can be eradicated or not.

It's due to wind and fast flying. If you're seeing props you're going too quick for most videos anyway. Exactly the same results on the phantom drones

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Anyone use topcash back on this for ten percent back

ltec wrote: »
    What phone do you have?
    What do you think of it?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro.

Great phone. Especially for the money. Have it about 18 months. Can't fault it.

No. Can't remember where I got it.
    mono_mac wrote: »

I used a code posted a couple of months back ( it's back in the earlier posts here, but doubt it still works ) , that brought the price down from €370 or so to €330. Never used topcash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coneill13

ltec wrote: »
    What phone do you have?
    What do you think of it?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro.

Great phone. Especially for the money. Have it about 18 months. Can't fault it.

No. Can't remember where I got it.
    mono_mac wrote: »

I used a code posted a couple of months back ( it's back in the earlier posts here, but doubt it still works ) , that brought the price down from €370 or so to €330. Never used topcash.
    Bought it yesterday for €343.54 (discounted from €369.31) using code xmas474

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Looks like it might do so. I don't know enough about them to know for sure.

Here's the same link but not in Russian

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/GPS-WIFI-LBS-fashinable-design-pet-tracker-gps-dog-pet-promotion-products-with-silicone-protective-cover/328326_32794411445.html

Still russian

Really. I replaced the ru. with www and it works fine here. Even tried it on a different browser

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

About to pull the trigger on this. Any updates on the drone (quality etc. etc.)

jim salter wrote:
    About to pull the trigger on this. Any updates on the drone (quality etc. etc.)

Nice one, haven't used mine in about a month but there's regular updates and each release is an improvement.

The only issues are really slow deliveries due to Christmas and backlogs, so expect 5 weeks at minimum.

• Advertisement

Have just read that there is no headless mode on this drone. Is this the case would it be possible through a firmware update (should Xiaomi decide to do it)?

Thanks.

jim salter wrote:
    Have just read that there is no headless mode on this drone. Is this the case would it be possible through a firmware update (should Xiaomi decide to do it)?

Yeah, I suppose it's a possibility although it's not really a feature you'll use much. You'll mainly be controlling the quad through the app. It's a totally different experience from flying smaller quads.

jim salter wrote:

Not sure where you're located, I'm close to Drogheda if you wanted to have a look/test.

tedpan wrote: »
    Not sure where you're located, I'm close to Drogheda if you wanted to have a look/test.
    Thanks for the offer.

I just ordered there.

€380 with insurance included - said it guarantees delivery.

Should be here 1st week in Feb, looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Update: still nothing, Gearbest offered a refund or resend, I'm in for about €100 with accessories so Ive asked to resend.

Update: still nothing, Gearbest offered a refund or resend, I'm in for about €100 with accessories so Ive asked to resend.

Nice one that they've resent. I'm still waiting for my android box that was ordered in November. You might end up with two as I've never had an order that didn't eventually arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

When did you originally order?
    I placed my order on 23/11. I had to send them multiple messages asking when they would ship the drone as I wanted it as an Xmas present but they only shipped it on the 4th of December after I had cancelled the order.

Ended up having to buy a replacement on Xmas Eve.

I opened a PayPal dispute on 28/12 and they haven't responded.

The spare battery that I ordered on 12/12 arrived after Xmas with a bill from Customs :(

Dazzy wrote: »
    When did you originally order?
    I placed my order on 23/11. I had to send them multiple messages asking when they would ship the drone as I wanted it as an Xmas present but they only shipped it on the 4th of December after I had cancelled the order.

Ended up having to buy a replacement on Xmas Eve.

I opened a PayPal dispute on 28/12 and they haven't responded.

The spare battery that I ordered on 12/12 arrived after Xmas with a bill from Customs :(

Do you mind me asking if it was the €70 battery? Also, was the item delivered with a request for payment from customs or was it not delivered, just a request for payment?

How much are they looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

jim salter wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking if it was the €70 battery? Also, was the item delivered with a request for payment from customs or was it not delivered, just a request for payment?

How much are they looking for?

Battery cost €63. Received a letter from Customs asking for the invoice. The Customs charge incl the An Post fee was €24.54.

• Advertisement

Dazzy wrote: »
    Battery cost €63. Received a letter from Customs asking for the invoice. The Customs charge incl the An Post fee was €24.54.

Thanks for the info.

Concerned that my order may be nabbed now aswell :(

Advertisement