Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Just a heads up that there's a Lidl and Aldi €10 off a €50 spend in the Sunday World this weekend, they can be used in Tesco...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057444072&page=60

Does anyone know if I can use both vouchers together in one transaction in Tesco e.g. if I spend €50, can I get €20 off (2 x vouchers) or do they have to be two separate transactions over €50?

I'm thinking of the beer for Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can use both vouchers together in one transaction in Tesco e.g. if I spend €50, can I get €20 off (2 x vouchers) or do they have to be two separate transactions over €50?

You hand in the voucher when you have spend €50 or more in one transaction, this then knocks €10 off your final bill. Some cashiers will let you put one transaction through, pay for it and then another for €50 and you can use your 2nd voucher. They will not in any circumstances allow two vouchers to be used in one transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

PGE1970 wrote: »

Has to be two separate transactions. As above poster said if you have 100 quid you can get 20 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

O'Briens have some good offers on gin https://www.obrienswine.ie/spirits/spirits/gin-sale-64.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jameson 70Cl + 2 Glasses for €23 in Centra..

.. hot whiskey going down a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tiger & Corona - 12 bottles (33cl) for €10 in SuperValu.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

loyatemu wrote: »
    Also 8 cans of Guinness for a tenner too..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Basq wrote: »
    Jameson 70Cl + 2 Glasses for €23 in Centra..

.. hot whiskey going down a treat!

Same deal in Tesco New Ross Fri and Yesterday on Jameson but were running low. Hennessy's 70cl for €28 there also

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Lidl doing packs of 12 cans of Heineken, Budweiser and Guinness buy 2 for €24 that's 24 cans for €24 and if you buy something for €2 to bring it to €50 you could use one of the Lild vouchers in the newspapers :) and get €10 off so you only pay €40

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

ARe there any supermarkets doing the 25% off wine at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

ARe there any supermarkets doing the 25% off wine at the moment?

Tesco are doing 6 bottles for €40, then giving you a further 5% off, offer ending today though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any one see Moretti on offer any where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Any one see Moretti on offer any where?

Wetherspoons:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

damian139 wrote: »
    Wetherspoons:D

some people were using wetherspoons like an off licence, even though they have no actual offie. They can be 50cent cheaper than the offies on a lot of beers.

Heineken is 24 for 26euro in tesco, it had been 28euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

rubadub wrote: »
    some people were using wetherspoons like an off licence, even though they have no actual offie. They can be 50cent cheaper than the offies on a lot of beers.

I would if they'd leave the caps on! A cold 660 ml with a moretti glass for €2.95- unbeatable. Superior to peroni imo

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭omicron

rubadub wrote: »

24 for 24 in Lidl.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Pubs will welcome this and the off licences might be able to compete with the supermarkets if it's passed.
    LOL

it won't affect the price of Heineken cans or other big brands so no change.

it will massively increase the profits from generic supermarket larger, which offies can't tap into

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

damian139 wrote: »
    I would if they'd leave the caps on! A cold 660 ml with a moretti glass for €2.95- unbeatable. Superior to peroni imo
    People were definitely getting unopened stuff before in wetherspoons. Did you ask them for takeout and were refused?

I know of 1 guy who was, but it was after the 10pm deadline.

LOL

Heineken & guinness are very often going for around 1euro a can, its the only time I would buy them as they are just on a par with all the cheaper stuff anyway. It always was cheaply produced muck, just with a higher price sometimes.
    it will massively increase the profits from generic supermarket larger, which offies can't tap into.
    You can easily get 1 euro cans in offies. I would imagine a drop in people buying generic supermarket lager. Independent offies will also be more willing to go to non official distributors. So if wholesale prices do increase locally they can buy from abroad -as many seemingly already do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

LOL

it will massively increase the profits from generic supermarket larger, which offies can't tap into

LOL yourself.

Trays of Heineken can be purchased for less than €30. If the new pricing is passed, a tray will cost at least €43

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Anyone see any offer on captain morgans lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

diddley wrote: »

€18 for 700ml in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

If you're near the border I got a litre in tesco for £15 last week. Sainsbury had the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

€25 for a 1L in Dunnes at the moment. Smirnoff is same as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

loyatemu wrote: »

It's actually Sol, not Corona, important difference to us Corona drinkers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Trays of Heineken can be purchased for less than €30. If the new pricing is passed, a tray will cost at least €43

don't worry, it will never be passed, it failed in Scotland on business grounds and it will fail here also.
    It is just a political football at the moment, Leo Verruca is just trying to earn some cheap brownie points before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

RobTheLad wrote: »
    It's actually Sol, not Corona, important difference to us Corona drinkers! :)

I was buying Tiger, just noticed there was some mexican beer beside it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GenuineFan

Any offers on Heineken today ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

GenuineFan wrote: »
    Any offers on Heineken today ???

saw on here lidl 12 for 12 euro or 24 for 24 euro something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

GY A1 wrote: »
    saw on here lidl 12 for 12 euro or 24 for 24 euro something like that

Went up and got that myself. It's 12 cans for €16.99 but two packs of 12 for €24!! Can mix with 12 cans of Guinness as well I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What's the cheapest multi-can deal on Guinness at the moment? (as in price per can, don't mind buying a sh!teload :D )

Sorry if this has already been asked, a lot of water under the bridge lately!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement