Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show

Options
  • 15-05-1999 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anybody going to miss this television instuition when it disappears forever next Friday?

DMC (sometimes known as Dee.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Well Pat Kenny asked for it to be delayed for two years until they can get a new format together for the new presenter (prob. the other PK, Patrick Kielty) - this sounds like a ploy to gain more viewership when his show moves to Friday nights IMO - pretty lame tactic there!

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

indeed!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Pat Kielty?
    Feic off... I don't like the thought of him doing it (No, I'm not a fan). There's only one Gay Byrne!!!

Anyone know if they're still gonna be doing the Toy-Show? curlydav.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

dav u big kid tongue.giftongue.gif

gwan smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

It's not disappearing is it? Thought I read that they asked Patrick Kielty to take over...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Old DMC

I think that the format of the LLS should die with Byrne. No one else could pull off a show like that. For instance, last Friday was excellent; What other show would have Terry Keane, Mo Mowlam, James Dean Bradfield and the Wanderly Wagon on it. It's Byrne's show and there it should end. Anyone else who picks up the baton will have the weight of following him upon their shoulders.

A new show, a new format for Saturday nights.
    RTE, get the finger out.

DMC (sometimes known as Dee.)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They should clone Gaybo smile.gif

Insert lame off topic Damo comment below ----V

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement