Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flying/Virus

• 12-03-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

What is the story with flying and the virus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

What the thread title made me think of

tumblr_nnubuieKLd1rg5dd5o1_400.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It would probably be safer to have Novel Coronavirus administered inrtavenously, or maybe in suppository form.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mach Two wrote: »
    Safer than taking a bus or the luas. Aircraft run the cabin air through filters.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The virus makes you able to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

biko wrote: »
    The virus makes you able to fly.

Much better than drinking Red Bull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Mach Two

What is the advise given by the authorities. To fly or not to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Tis grand if you don't touch anything ...like the seats, overhead compartment, hard plastic headrest, toilet door handle, toilet door lock, toilet seat, toilet roll holder, tap, sanitizer on your hands every time you touch anything, be conscious of the possibility that someone else on the plane may have the virus (may not have symptoms but could be transmitting it)

Also don't touch other people's baggage (overhead luggage compartment), don't handle any cash on the plane, not to mention sanitizer after you pass your boarding pass for inspection and your passport, try not to use bathrooms or touch anything in the airport either .

T'will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Tis grand if you don't touch anything ...like the seats, overhead compartment, hard plastic headrest, toilet door handle, toilet door lock, toilet seat, toilet roll holder, tap, sanitizer on your hands every time you touch anything, be conscious of the possibility that someone else on the plane may have the virus (may not have symptoms but could be transmitting it)

Also don't touch other people's baggage (overhead luggage compartment), don't handle any cash on the plane, not to mention sanitizer after you pass your boarding pass for inspection and your passport, try not to use bathrooms or touch anything in the airport either .

T'will be grand.

Not much you can do to stop someone coughing or sneezing on you though.

So don't touch anything. If there is a nice looking bird beside me on the plane what do I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

So don't touch anything. If there is a nice looking bird beside me on the plane what do I do.

I am thinking touch yourself instead? :D Sure what could go wrong?

• Advertisement

Whether there is a virus or not, don't touch strange birds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Chat her up and shag. May as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

biko wrote: »
    Whether there is a virus or not, don't touch strange birds.

Is this not a bat virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Flying is not a good idea when a pandemic is on the loose. Aircraft pressurisation systems just recirculate same air over and over... and it isn't well filtered. I'd suggest avoiding flying util the oul' pandemic is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Flying is not a good idea when a pandemic is on the loose. Aircraft pressurisation systems just recirculate same air over and over... and it isn't well filtered. I'd suggest avoiding flying util the oul' pandemic is over.
    how this crap will be over seems teachers and kids are getting nice break just after coming back from mid term, and solution is to slow it down, when everything goes back up the virus will be still here or will take single infected to start all over again.

goverment doesnt have issues to piss billions away into their own pockets each day, yet coconut heads cant figure to drop a good bill on setting up few thousand tents and double pay for any medical staff to treat only infected or serious cases, not halting everything to stop, when most will be fine going by numbers, that many either get mild or recover in full without issues.

youd think CDC and WHO who get billions in funding would have had this **** planned 30 years back and how to tackle it, yet seems any clown with degree and connections runs health sectors in most countries.

Does it make any difference that it is not an airborne disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well according to facts people shed it like skin, so any fluids sweat etc can easily be carried, and while its not ebola seems it can survice long enough on surfaces, so in theory even single paper bill can be passed few times in days time and get enough people infected, thus why i dont get reason to slow it down, as it seems either-way takes single even healthy person to infect dozens before anything can be noticed, so halt on everything solves nothing really, as opposed to have enough place to treat sick and those in actual need.

as for me its hard to believe almost most heavily taxed country in EU and they cant spare billion to setup proper equipment and facilities staff to deal with outcome on the worst cases, but hey lets get billy and joe running round for few weeks seems better approach.

Advertisement