Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Warper wrote: »
    I know, Boyles have Clare -15 so looks like B365 will be forced into changing theirs quickly.

Kerry -2 looks to be a great price to me. Anyone any thoughts on this?

HFA is worth like 1.5pts so definitely a bit of value to be eked out of -2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

keane2097 wrote: »
    HFA is worth like 1.5pts so definitely a bit of value to be eked out of -2.

whats hfa?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Home Field Advantage I presume?

Yeah Home Field Advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Have you taken any notice of how close your model has been to the HC draw in all the games?

I'll do a complete analysis at the end of the season, but for now, after 34 games, 6 games have been more than 3 points different to the HC draw, with 5 of those coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Clare are -15 10/11 to beat Offaly with Boyles, -13 5/6 with PP and -13 11/10 with 365. Clare -17 21/10 with PP but Clare -17.5 is available at 3/1 with 365, nice bit of value for those who fancy Clare to run riot on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭shmeee

Cork Minors -1 @ 6/5 here now.

Seems like good value.

shmeee wrote: »
    Cork Minors -1 @ 6/5 here now.

Seems like good value.

Classic Cork, hit wide after wide and let in late goal to loose by 3. They did save a penalty also.

"Limerick have pulled this one from the fire, great win against a Cork team that hit too many wides. Limerick can make it 3 in a row now."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Classic Cork, hit wide after wide and let in late goal to loose by 3. They did save a penalty also.

"Limerick have pulled this one from the fire, great win against a Cork team that hit too many wides. Limerick can make it 3 in a row now."

Worst Munster Minor championship since 2009.

Worst Munster Minor championship since 2009.

Cork were 5/2 favs for AI at start of the season, have since lost their Captain and drifted way out, were 11/2. Bet Limerick in QF by 10 points so taught they'd have enough again tonight to at least cover the -1.

Tipp are poor and could easily win a Munster Title.

I won't be backing the final that's for sure. Underage is a minefield and learned that lesson tonight.

• Advertisement

Cork were 5/2 favs for AI at start of the season, have since lost their Captain and drifted way out, were 11/2. Bet Limerick in QF by 10 points so taught they'd have enough again tonight to at least cover the -1.

Tipp are poor and could easily win a Munster Title.

I won't be backing the final that's for sure. Underage is a minefield and learned that lesson tonight.

Wouldn't argue with your bet, there was a few things Cork had to battle against but clearly they should have won by 2+ points. Maybe not the right thread, just making the observation that compared to the standard of the last few years I don't think this year has been great.

Wouldn't argue with your bet, there was a few things Cork had to battle against but clearly they should have won by 2+ points. Maybe not the right thread, just making the observation that compared to the standard of the last few years I don't think this year has been great.

Fully agree, was at the Tipp v Clare game and standard seems to have gone backwards compared to a few years ago. Maybe the players just aren't there. As said that's for another day. Found out the hard way tonight, in my pocket.

If I asked PP for a price on a certain player, he'll be down to start in the backs, for anytime goal in one of the weekend hurling qualifiers would they smell a rat??

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    If I asked PP for a price on a certain player, he'll be down to start in the backs, for anytime goal in one of the weekend hurling qualifiers would they smell a rat??

Ask for a few prices

Ask for a few prices

Ye must try it in the morning.

Ask for a few prices

PP will quote you a price on any player from past experience.

PP will quote you a price on any player from past experience.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Just ask rather than posting in a public forum:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

id double the ask for 4 or 5 route, most quoted prices however are conservative, only time i got decent price offered was for a dan marino passing record bet

Warper wrote: »
    Just ask rather than posting in a public forum:rolleyes:

Very constructive post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Let us in on the info when you get your bet placed.

No good, they said as the game is on tomorrow their traders would need 48 hours to decide on a price.

No good, they said as the game is on tomorrow their traders would need 48 hours to decide on a price.

Is there no price for any other goal scorer?

Few prices catching the eye for me:

The line is very high for Limerick, Westmeath can be backed at +15 with William Hill at 19/20. Westmeath despite being dominated for an entire game (I think 12 down just after Half time) managed to cover this spread with 5 points to spare v Wexford. Limericks goal threat looks very suspect, and you would imagine they would not to out goal Wesmeath by at least 2 to beat the handicap. They haven't beaten that handicap all year having played teams like Laois, Antrim and even Offaly who I would consider on Westmeaths level. They've also had some bad defeats such as the Dublin, Offaly and Tipp matches this year. People seem to have a lot more faith than I do that they can manage a 30+ point swing here on their last match.

Galway have been competitive in 3/5 games against Kilkenny since 2012. You could read it as 1/5 wins which would suggest the odds are poor but Id take the view that there isn't the amount between them the bookies suggest. Obviously, Kilkenny are deserving favourites and they were impressive the last day even if Wexford were poor. They've a few useful additions, though they need them and I still would say th jury is out on whether they've replaced all their losses. Galway have been impressive so far in the championship, seems to be a renewed motivation in them. There is no denying they've talent. Again, suspect in pivotal positions but they do represent value to me with that incredibly potent forward line.

Galway 11/4
    Westmeath +15 19/20

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

Anyone know if Niall McNammee will be fit for tomorrows game. Quite like the look of Offaly +3 in the handicap against Kildare. I think close call in the Cavan Rossies game is a sure thing at 4/7 with Ladbrokes 4/9 with Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭spurshero

according to the sports news I heard earlier mcnammee is definetely out .i like Offaly plus 3 still though . Surely they will never have a better chance of beating Kildare after their hammering last week players leaving panel etc morale must be low

That's Bull****, I got a price on a Corner Back before literally there and then, the assistant just rang it in and I was quoted 10/1 AGS and 50/1 FGS if I remember correctly. Did he score, No so was all the one. But he was a corner back playing out around midfield and was worth a small bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anyone know if Niall McNammee will be fit for tomorrows game. Quite like the look of Offaly +3 in the handicap against Kildare. I think close call in the Cavan Rossies game is a sure thing at 4/7 with Ladbrokes 4/9 with Powers.

Nialler isnt starting

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boom92

what do people think of under 28 points in Cavan Roscommon game 6/5 with pp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

My bets for the Kerry game
    Kerry over 17.5 pts 4/5
    Kerry over 1.5 goals 7/4
    Kerry ht/ft 10/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

clare -13 should annihilate offaly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement