Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-11-2019, 14:00   #1396
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork Boy 53 View Post
Were there pipers piping and lords a leaping there as well?
Nah.. the ferryman was abed by then and they had not booked!
Graces7 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-11-2019, 15:10   #1397
fineso.mom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggdefy View Post
Sorry Grace, couldn't resist Has Christmas come early?

'Day Nine
Listen you looser!
There's enough pandemonium in this place night and day without nine drummers drumming, while the eight flaming maids-a-milking are beating my poor, old alcoholic mother out of her own kitchen and gobbling everything in sight
I'm warning you, you're making an enemy of me
Gobnait'
Thanks for reminding me of this..just googled Frank Kelly's 12 days of Christmas and had a listen. Hadn't heard it in years. Cheered me up on a cold wet day in West Limerick. Mind you, in between showers there's blue skies and sunshine.
fineso.mom is offline  
(2) thanks from:
09-11-2019, 15:34   #1398
Naggdefy
Registered User
 
Naggdefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
lol! It never occurred to me! Love your version of that carol! For the chuckle, thanks....
You're welcome Grace, I always enjoy your posts and command of language. Fair play to you living so remote. A forum like this is a nice connection for you. My 86 year old mam lives alone in hilly country,often snowed in so I have an idea how things get tougher by the year.
Naggdefy is offline  
Thanks from:
09-11-2019, 15:36   #1399
Rock Lesnar
Registered User
 
Rock Lesnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Bravo View Post
STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Louth

Heavy persistent rainfall today with 20mm possible. After recent heavy rainfall and with water levels elevated, some flooding may occur.

Valid: today 12:00 noon to 6:00 pm
Is there a warning for louth? Dont see it on the website, i'm close to the louth border, will let ye know if the rain stops right on the border line, lol
Rock Lesnar is offline  
09-11-2019, 15:39   #1400
giveitholly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lesnar View Post
Is there a warning for louth? Dont see it on the website, i'm close to the louth border, will let ye know if the rain stops right on the border line, lol
Met eireann having some problems with their website and app,thats why the warnings are not showing,looking at the radar and it looks like an awful day in the north east
giveitholly is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-11-2019, 15:41   #1401
sryanbruen
Registered User
 
sryanbruen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10,682
Yeah, they said to use archive.met.ie for the time being for warnings.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/statu...84020386979842
sryanbruen is offline  
(2) thanks from:
09-11-2019, 15:57   #1402
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggdefy View Post
You're welcome Grace, I always enjoy your posts and command of language. Fair play to you living so remote. A forum like this is a nice connection for you. My 86 year old mam lives alone in hilly country,often snowed in so I have an idea how things get tougher by the year.
Thanks and yes to all you say. We get so much more weather out here than anywhere else....

I am fine; I have good supply lines now and good folk here. The first winter I was here I had no ESB and I think they thought I would quit. Heard one neighbour tell another, " We realised that this one isn't soft but a but tough!" Best compliment I ever had..

Give my wishes to your mam!

Meanwhile that last heavy shower was hail here... Some very ominous clouds scudding in now. No good with tech stuff but observation and experience..
Graces7 is offline  
Thanks from:
09-11-2019, 15:59   #1403
m17
Registered User
 
m17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,732
North Wales this morning
m17 is offline  
09-11-2019, 16:14   #1404
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by m17 View Post
North Wales this morning
Oh how utterly lovely! WOW! Yearning..
Graces7 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-11-2019, 16:44   #1405
Naggdefy
Registered User
 
Naggdefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
Thanks and yes to all you say. We get so much more weather out here than anywhere else....

I am fine; I have good supply lines now and good folk here. The first winter I was here I had no ESB and I think they thought I would quit. Heard one neighbour tell another, " We realised that this one isn't soft but a but tough!" Best compliment I ever had..

Give my wishes to your mam!

Meanwhile that last heavy shower was hail here... Some very ominous clouds scudding in now. No good with tech stuff but observation and experience..
No problem Grace. Sometimes us younger folk (I'm 43) lose sight of the fact that weather that mightn't unduly stress us at a younger age is a different kettle of fish as you get older. I know on occassion I might get a bit dismissive and brusque, without really thinking. So apologies for any time I've done so.

I just see my mam, sometimes without heat on when I head home, and the heat leaves her body so much more quickly than 20 years ago.

Weather today in Laois is windy and raw. Plenty of showers. Back home yesterday it maxed around 3.5C so certainly a feel of early winter. Reminds me of November 1996.
Naggdefy is offline  
09-11-2019, 16:56   #1406
m17
Registered User
 
m17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,732
Tuam Co galway 09/11/19




m17 is offline  
09-11-2019, 17:21   #1407
Rock Lesnar
Registered User
 
Rock Lesnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveitholly View Post
Met eireann having some problems with their website and app,thats why the warnings are not showing
Ah right, didnt know that, no rain if any, didnt make it across into meath
Rock Lesnar is offline  
09-11-2019, 21:11   #1408
appledrop
Registered User
 
appledrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,238
Well its official winter today in North County Dublin brrrrrrrrr.

A wind that would cut you in two all day, freezing + lashing rain from afternoon onwards. Miserable.

Thankfully it's a cosy Saturday night at home.
appledrop is offline  
09-11-2019, 22:13   #1409
Artane2002
Registered User
 
Artane2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by appledrop View Post
Well its official winter today in North County Dublin brrrrrrrrr.

A wind that would cut you in two all day, freezing + lashing rain from afternoon onwards. Miserable.

Thankfully it's a cosy Saturday night at home.
Some interesting rainfall stats for this month:

Dublin Airport has had 59.3mm of rain up to yesterday so far this month, 17.6mm than all of October.

Also wetter than January and February this year combined, more than two times the rainfall in January and about double February's rainfall.

This figure is also higher than May and July's rainfall.

Similar story with Phoenix Park and Casement.
Artane2002 is offline  
09-11-2019, 22:41   #1410
Mortelaro
Registered User
 
Mortelaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,872
Max gust of 70kmh at my station in Arklow today
Now that felt cold
Mortelaro is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet