Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-09-2019, 20:36   #61
km79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I would be very cautious about expecting any sort of settled weather any time soon. The latest ensembles for Dublin (the driest part of the country), show a classic sine wave indicated areas of low pressure with contrasting temperatures between each area of low pressure. Temperatures look several degrees below normal for much of the coming week, but very short lived warmer spikes in between.

Rain ?
Advertisement
03-09-2019, 20:54   #62
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by km79 View Post
Rain ?
not a huge amount of rain, but it doesn't take much rain for the day to be fairly crap, yesterday was a classic example of that. No real signs of any properly settled and warm weather, we really could do with one last push of heat up from Spain before Autumn really takes hold in October.
(2) thanks from:
03-09-2019, 21:37   #63
Rock Lesnar

Lashing rain in my area of meath for the last hour or so
04-09-2019, 06:33   #64
vladmydad

Where’s Graces7. I think she’s an elderly lady on a west coast island, posts almost everyday. Haven’t seen her post in a few days, hope she’s ok.
04-09-2019, 07:13   #65
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmydad View Post
Where’s Graces7. I think she’s an elderly lady on a west coast island, posts almost everyday. Haven’t seen her post in a few days, hope she’s ok.
for kindness. blessings and thanks. still here but not very well and caught up in the terrible Dorian situation. so have not been logging in often. heartbreaking.

we are caught up out here in daily gales and deluges. today's version is ramping up now. as in marine warnings. There have been few ferries or post this week, so snugged in with knitting and youtube in winter mode. waiting for the arrival of my turf order from my nearest neighbour. cupboards well stocked. a perfect place and way of life for an old person!

staying offline a while yet but all is as it needs to be here. stay safe and dry .
Advertisement
04-09-2019, 08:34   #66
Donegal Storm

Miserable morning in Letterkenny, pouring rain and increasingly windy
04-09-2019, 09:15   #67
Mobhi1

Nice sunny morning in Glasnevin but a bit cool @ 11.8C. There was 0.4mm rain recorded from earlier this morning.
04-09-2019, 09:44   #68
Thelonious Monk

I found it cold this morning in Dublin. Already needing gloves on the bike. So 2 months this year without cold weather! FFS!
04-09-2019, 09:53   #69
OldRio

More rain. Every single day. To be honest it's become just fecking boring.
Advertisement
04-09-2019, 10:01   #70
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRio View Post
More rain. Every single day. To be honest it's become just fecking boring.
Although cold was beautifully sunny in Dublin on my way to work with little cloud but cloud starting to set in now. Are you in the west, or Mordor as it should be known at this stage?
Thanks from:
04-09-2019, 10:14   #71
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
God its bad enough in dublin but how the hell do you live out west if its constantly grey and raining? I mean does it not depress the f*ck out of you?
It has been particularly bleak over the last couple of days with drying as poor as it would be in mid-December, despite the fairly constant breeze. everywhere is saturated. All summer it was humid and unpleasant feeling and now it is just a little cooler but still no less humid. Always tend to associate September with sunny weather with good drying and wildly alternating temps, but that doesn't seem to be happening this time around
(4) thanks from:
04-09-2019, 10:24   #72
Mortelaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
It has been particularly bleak over the last couple of days with drying as poor as it would be in mid-December, despite the fairly constant breeze. everywhere is saturated. All summer it was humid and unpleasant feeling and now it is just a little cooler but still no less humid. Always tend to associate September with sunny weather with good drying and wildly alternating temps, but that doesn't seem to be happening this time around
Amazing, utterly amazing, the difference here at the other side of the island
You'd hurt your foot here putting an electric fence pigtails into the ground,its that dry and hard
0.6mm yesterday evening after a warm sunny day that got up near 22c
It colder today though,much colder
13.6c
But its bright and dry in Arklow
Thanks from:
04-09-2019, 10:33   #73
White Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortelaro View Post
Amazing, utterly amazing, the difference here at the other side of the island
You'd hurt your foot here putting an electric fence pigtails into the ground,its that dry and hard
0.6mm yesterday evening after a warm sunny day that got up near 22c
It colder today though,much colder
13.6c
But its bright and dry in Arklow
Ground is boating here in the south west. We got over 200mm of rain in August.
(2) thanks from:
04-09-2019, 10:35   #74
Graces7

Things are starting to fly out here; been out to investigate a loud crash. Poor cat nearly abandoned her skin...

Not seen the ocean - just across the back field - so wild and white ruffled for many a while. Northerly direction. High drama out there. Great breakers rolling in.

Managed a short walk earlier before it was as wild as this, berry picking, but would not even try to open the big gate now.

Some brightness but darkening again now.

We have the best internet server in the world; the dish is on the north, ocean facing wall, and never a flicker in all the gales. small local Westnet folk.I salute thee.

Stay safe west coast folk.

west mayo offshore island
(2) thanks from:
04-09-2019, 10:38   #75
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
Although cold was beautifully sunny in Dublin on my way to work with little cloud but cloud starting to set in now. Are you in the west, or Mordor as it should be known at this stage?
The sheer beauty of the west is a well kept secret; more to life here then the weather. Best part of Ireland in every way..
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion