Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Only Fools and Horses clips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

A great one is where Del tries to get Albert to act shocked when he learns Rodney is seeing a potential bit on the side.

Grandad's monologue about war

The Trotter brothers' reception at the put after becoming millionaires. Always really liked the music in this scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

They should have stopped there. The specials where they lost the money really took the gloss off their achievements for me. It was a bit bitter sweet when del realized that he missed the wheeling dealing when he was a millionaire.

Loved the line from Del when he wanted to buy the sandwiches and said ‘no I’ll get the sandwiches because you got the rolls’.

The two pair scene was classic. https://youtu.be/C_fHScmyWTA

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sidney Pottah!

I'd call him harry belafonte myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

alta stare wrote: »
    I think it is easily the best comedy series ever on tv. I know tv can be subjective but when you compare it to the likes of Friends, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half men and the likes it shows that those kind of "comedy" programmes are rubbish.

Another poster mentioned Father Ted. I find the obsession with Father Ted a bit over the top. Again i know tv is subjective but I could never get how some people found it so funny. I dont think it comes near OFAH in terms of comedy and entertainment. OFAH had an amazing capacity to be funny and sad all in the one scene. IMO no show has ever been able to capture that and for me that is why it was (still is) the best tv show (of its kind) on tv.

They did. I mean with the episode where they had the funeral for the character grandad(the actor having died) should have been a sombre episode but they managed to bring laughter to it by del throwing the hat into the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Granddad explaining to Del why he deserted from the army.

"the way them Germans were carrying on somebody was going to get hurt"

• Advertisement

The art completion where Rodney had to pretend to be 13 and Cassandra his step mum.

He loved being part of the groovy gang and excelled in the skateboard competition.

https://youtu.be/danAx6yzY-A

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Bob Gray

Can’t find the clip but the scene where Del is discussing his “shared profit scheme” with Mike over redecorating the Nags Head after he quoted him double Brendan the builders price:
    Del: So that’s £500 for vous, £500 for vee
    Mike: What about the other £1000?
    Del: We give that to the Irishman and let him do the job.

The glow in the dark grave scene has to go down as another classic.

https://youtu.be/M5_pcaXJIo8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

"So what's Dave...a nickname like?"........Roger Llyod Pack, truly an actor for the ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

None of the show is funny without context. That scene where del boy falling through the bar isn't amazingly funny, it's like a scene from Drake and Josh or something it's funny when you watch the whole scene. Only fools isn't laugh out loud funny, father Ted the humour is more obvious or Brooklyn 99, only foods charm is in the characters

None of the show is funny without context. That scene where del boy falling through the bar isn't amazingly funny, it's like a scene from Drake and Josh or something it's funny when you watch the whole scene. Only fools isn't laugh out loud funny, father Ted the humour is more obvious or Brooklyn 99, only foods charm is in the characters

The writers of Father Ted considered Trigger to be an influence on the character of Father Dougal

https://m.independent.ie/entertainment/father-ted-creator-pays-tribute-to-only-fools-actor-trigger-was-an-ancestor-to-father-dougal-29922486.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Post what ya like, but the chandelier sketch is it, end of.

Was going to mention that.
    Remember watching a documentary on it and they said that the fake chandelier ended up costing more than the original and they used most of the budget for it.
    They had one take and couldn't break character as it would have been shut down.
    The director had to put handkerchiefs into his mouth to cover the smile and laugh.

Can't find the clip on you tube quickly but I always liked the scene where Del negotiates witness protection and immunity to prosecution - and then admits to the crime himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

In a game of Trivial Pursuit, Del was asked what name you'd give to a female swan. He hummed and hawed for a while and Rodney decided to give him a none-too-subtle clue. Tapping the pen in his hand, "come on Del it's easy, it's got 3 letters".

Del says "Got it. Bic".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The gravy/coffee mix up in "Time on our hands" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The episode where they are trapped in the supermarket was a good one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

briany wrote: »
    A great one is where Del tries to get Albert to act shocked when he learns Rodney is seeing a potential bit on the side.

+1

It's my favourite scene from Only Fools. The epitome of comedic 'timing' or indeed mis-timing.

David Jason desperately trying to keep a straight face and stay in character makes it even funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Anytime that clip is shown it always has the prelude where Del is geeing up Trigger to go chatting up a lady in the bar who just made eye contact with Del. That's the context i.e. he's all set to act suave and yuppy and ends up looking like a plonker. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

valoren wrote: »
    +1

It's my favourite scene from Only Fools. The epitome of comedic 'timing' or indeed mis-timing.

David Jason desperately trying to keep a straight face and stay in character makes it even funnier.

I was going to post this too but you beat me to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

" Are you a Naval man Derek"
    " No,more of a leg man meself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

It's gotten to the point where I've started **** furiously and sobbing uncontrollably when the obligatory 12 episode run on this appears on Christmas day.

This and the royal family (tv show) should be banned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's gotten to the point where I've started **** furiously and sobbing uncontrollably when the obligatory 12 episode run on this appears on Christmas day.

This and the royal family (tv show) should be banned.

I only watched one episode of Royle family. Didn't get it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Easily one of the most overrated shows in T.V history.

It's right up there with seinfeld, friends and the office.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Triggers Broom.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I really wish Netflix would bring the whole Only Fools and Horses enterprise to their streaming service...and not just 2 seasons+ Christmas specials

Every time I hear this theme song...it brings a certain warmth to my heart ...be it on Netflix or Cable

"What a 42 carrot plonker you really are Rodney";🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's a bit of a divisive show. It's the televisual equivalent of gammon & pineapple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Are they a couple of ravers?
    They're a couple of geezers!

Advertisement