Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Ireland had before the UK

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

joe40 wrote: »
    An inferiority complex.
    I wonder how many Brits are concerned about things they had before Ireland

The Brits were always concerned about Ireland.
    Now more than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Independence

Graham Norton

Terry Wogan

Terry Wogans wig !

blinding wrote: »
    And then they took it . One Island wasn’t enough for them and they were daft enough to come over here with our weather . Sure proof they are stark raving Mad...I tells ya !:eek:

I think you can take that one step further, the Normans wanted first one, then two islands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Aegir wrote: »
    I think you can take that one step further, the Normans wanted first one, then two islands.
    Anyone that would come to Ireland (considering our weather ) to fight for this place must be badly stuck for something to do !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

I wonder what the Scots would have to say about that .

"Och aye!", probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I wonder what the Scots would have to say about that .
    Probably would be, "what has poitín got to do with the Scots"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Leprechauns, Shamrock, Guinness, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks.

Have you never seen Shameless?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

We became an island first

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Tenant purchase of local authority housing. Available for rural LA housing from 1936 and urban LA dwellings from 1971.

Britain didn't bring in Right To Buy until 1981 under Thatcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Tuco88 wrote: »
    The craic... they may now have the so called "banter" its not in the same league ffs. And the ability to get on with almost every other nation.

Craic was UK first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement