Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

According to Eir sports website they are showing all 4 days live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

And the Par 3 competition on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cb12345 wrote: »
    According to Eir sports website they are showing all 4 days live.

Their feed probably direct from a US station - If that commentary isn't your cup-of-tea that's something to be aware of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

BBC coverage has gone so downhill, I wouldnt touch it.

Radar/Beemer/Coltart on Sky are the only show in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

jelutong wrote: »
    And the Par 3 competition on Wednesday.

Awful 'competition'. I'd prefer to watch the players on a practice round rather than that. All these people with their horrible offspring 'caddying' for them and watching Niall Horan taking the odd shot. Yeuch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

BBC coverage has gone so downhill, I wouldnt touch it.

Radar/Beemer/Coltart on Sky are the only show in town!

Yes but you have to suffer the other fools in Murray, McGinley and Roe. And then there's sarah stirk who's no great shakes either

I'll take Andrew cotter, ken brown, paul azinger, peter allis and Eilidh Barbour anyday. Combine that with no TV commercials and its by far and away the best show in town

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am I the only one who doesn’t mind the sky presenters? I even enjoy the full package on sky, shot centre etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

Jordan Speith showing signs of a return to form just ahead of the Masters

• Registered Users Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn’t mind the sky presenters? I even enjoy the full package on sky, shot centre etc.

Yeah I like the sky presenters, I like Mcginley, Beemer, Murray, Dougherty, Coltart. Butch is grand in small doses.

What's terrible about the masters is the coverage or lack there of. Coverage is controlled by the masters and they limit it as much as possible. Upto 2002 we only got to see the back 9 on Sunday. So we'll be seeing alot of ads and studios conversations trying to fill in the gaps. It's so frustrating.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

For me Sky do a great job. I think Murray and Beamer are good and professional at what they do. Doherty is good also while Radar is a bit of light relief and good fun at times. McGinley/Coulthart/Stirk are OK. Don't care much for Roe. BBC have tried several formulas over the past number of years and while it is great that there are no ads for me they don't match Sky broadcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭patob

bmay529 wrote: »
    For me Sky do a great job. I think Murray and Beamer are good and professional at what they do. Doherty is good also while Radar is a bit of light relief and good fun at times. McGinley/Coulthart/Stirk are OK. Don't care much for Roe. BBC have tried several formulas over the past number of years and while it is great that there are no ads for me they don't match Sky broadcasts.

Not clear what several formulas you are referring to from the BBC. They have a consistently great formula going back decades. The 'Ken on the course' bits have been the only addition in recent years I can think of, and a very welcome addition. They have a nice mix of commentators and hopefully the wonderful Peter Alliss will be back again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

patob wrote: »
    Not clear what several formulas you are referring to from the BBC. They have a consistently great formula going back decades. The 'Ken on the course' bits have been the only addition in recent years I can think of, and a very welcome addition. They have a nice mix of commentators and hopefully the wonderful Peter Alliss will be back again this year.

Reported for trolling!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

I have always liked Peter Allis's voice and commentary even if some of his comments in recent times have been a bit questionable but my memory is that the BBC have tried several presenters such as Gary Lineker and a few lady presenters over several years that for me were not great and had very little knowledge of golf. I used like Ken Brown and respect his golf knowledge but think he has gone a bit overboard perhaps in an attempt to emulate the madness of Radar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Dont know how anybody can be critical of Murray. Knows more about the game than any other commentator Ive ever heard. Heard somebody here say he was guilty of being overly hyperbolic over Tiger last wk- as if sport commentators arent entitled to get excited and dramatise every now and again! And hes well able for Doughertys jibes, despite the decades between em!

Beem offers very little by comparison. Murray knows more about American pros, amateurs and courses than he does; Beems role seems to be to repeat everything his colleagues say with a touch more emphasis. Seriously, listen for it the next time hes on. In that respect, hes the perfect replacement for Butch, but at least the latter could analyse a golf swing.

Coltart is ok. Not a great interviewer though, at least not compared to Tim Barter. Not sure where he went.

I like Radar. Needs to make sure he doesnt end up like Feherty, a caricature of himself. But usually makes good calls.

Mcginely and roe are awful. Particularly Roe.

Dougherty is good. A v good interviewer. Should work well as a successor to livingstone.

Dont mind Stirk. Think shes a good pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Dont know how anybody can be critical of Murray. Knows more about the game than any other commentator Ive ever heard. Heard somebody here say he was guilty of being overly hyperbolic over Tiger last wk- as if sport commentators arent entitled to get excited and dramatise every now and again! And hes well able for Doughertys jibes, despite the decades between em!

Murray has passed most of the Tiger slobbering work to Mark Roe in the last while (I think Roe was hired just for that).

Murray knows his stuff; he just sounds too creepy for my taste.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement