Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf – A Werewolf Christmas Carol FEEDBACK THREAD

Comments

Necro wrote: »
    Tonight's lotto numbers, while your luck is in, chuck them out here :pac:

2 8 13 43 47- 1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    Ooh I'd be interested in the original Scrooge mechanics too!

We originally had him convertible if he killed the preassigned ghosts. Then we had him convertible via some Belle mechanic iirc, and finally we had him convertible if he reached parity, by rolling a 50/50 dice, so that the village might get a happy ever after ending anyway.

But in the end making the alpha convertible was just too much after the wolves did so well most of the game so I'm glad it didn't actually happen.

I can understand in specific cases why people do / point out what they do but jumping on people for gifs, fluff and fun on day 0 just leaves the fun at the door somewhat.

We literally put in the rules that n0 wasn't to have anything important in it. I really think we miss a trick not having a laugh on n0. It's much less fun. Maybe it's a habit we should try break out of.....because I don't know that mods can do anything to stop people making accusations or taking n0 seriously. Has to be the players IMO

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tritium wrote: »
    Hey quick good game. Was surprised you took my digging into you the way you did. At first I thought it made you look even wolfier (runs) but by the end I’d come to the conclusion that the wolfiest player is rarely the wolf (hides)

Anyway... no hard feelings I hope, wasn’t implying you weren’t making an effort (to be fair I cant see your spreadsheets in real time), it was more that your defense of Des was a bit baffling (wasn’t helped by RLHell this week tbf)

Hey! Digging isn't so bad if it's something I'm guilty of. Tell me I'm a wolf because I missed Brendan's turkey / Jack Frost clue. Fair enough. Untrue, and something I'd argue against, but not be upset over (I hope).

What really bugged me was that nearly everything you said was demonstrably untrue. I'm not going to rehash the whole thing again, but, for example, you said I was agreeable and not pissing people off, when I absolutely had (Fiona, Holly).

It was almost like gaslighting. I was seriously wondering was I imagining I'd done the things I had when everything you'd said was so untrue.

And shutting down speculation I don't think is a good idea. I radared in on Fiona Day 0 (and so did Gertrude) for just such a statement. It's always good to offer alternative theories when we're in a confusing game.

And then you didn't even respond to my answers. You'd made your mind up and it didn't matter what I said. Yes, that bugged me, and you were a village leader so everyone was following you.

But, I had had a sh!t week and a sh!t day so about 90% of the emotion came from elsewhere and wasn't actually because of the game, it was just the catalyst. I do think that games having a "don't be a sensitive soul" refers to me and means that I shouldn't play any more. I mean, Holly and Fiona probably feel just as unfairly treated by my accusations of them.

Ultimately though, no, of course no hard feelings.

We haven't had the sensitive soul rule for a while now (in favour of newer wording and a resolution process). I understand what you are saying but the rule on abuse or anything upsetting you is an important process if anyone is feeling unfairly treated, so I hope you know it's there to help anyone that needs it.

• Advertisement

Ah no, it was a million miles from abuse. I wouldn't report that sort of thing.

Necro wrote:
    2 - Never an issue for me in complex VS vanilla, I'll play regardless. On that though, if there is a questions thread prior to the game - it's better to be able to give answers. A mystery OP should really have no questions thread - because as we saw, people asked lots of questions and were left wondering what the point of asking them was.

On this I think we should have a questions thread no matter what. Only 2 or 3 things came out of the questions thread but they were important.

In addition, not so much in this game, but if you are maintaining an open community for new players, you have to give them a space to say 'Eh what' before roles are handed out. Fich, while not a new player, flagged this in the thread, so I was able to point out how a few things are done now (not how to play, but about COP, anon accounts and how common some mechanics are, not to mention showing him previous examples of evil comms rooms. That sort of thing.

quickbeam wrote:
    Ah no, it was a million miles from abuse. I wouldn't report that sort of thing.

Ah I know. But if something is upsetting the attitude from me isnt 'get on with it....it's talk to the game mods so one doesnt have to just stew' on it by oneself. In an nrv or goodie role with no teammate I know things like that can amllify a bad mood because there is a little inbuilt isolation.

I'm tired and rambling and have had a drink. Night all.

What exactly did this mean?
    The serial killers work as a pair, unless absolutely necessary, and choose their kills each night. They appear as normal people most of the time, so will peek as good every second cycle.

They were one team of two in the end, rather than two teams of one?

• Advertisement

It means they only recruit the sk cub if one of them dies. Ie they will stay at 2 unless the leader dies and they need another number.

Pter wrote: »
    On this I think we should have a questions thread no matter what. Only 2 or 3 things came out of the questions thread but they were important.

In addition, not so much in this game, but if you are maintaining an open community for new players, you have to give them a space to say 'Eh what' before roles are handed out. Fich, while not a new player, flagged this in the thread, so I was able to point out how a few things are done now (not how to play, but about COP, anon accounts and how common some mechanics are, not to mention showing him previous examples of evil comms rooms. That sort of thing.

O do you know what would be handy if after the QA thread ended a post with all the questions that were answered and those questions was put up.

Now I've nearly finished reading everything myself, just the OP then the QA thread and im done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

We literally put in the rules that n0 wasn't to have anything important in it. I really think we miss a trick not having a laugh on n0. It's much less fun. Maybe it's a habit we should try break out of.....because I don't know that mods can do anything to stop people making accusations or taking n0 seriously. Has to be the players IMO

If you want n0 to be all fun and laughs, do not sent out the pms until day1 instead.
    As soon as people get their allignment pms, everything they do will be scrutinised for tells.

Maybe yeah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

sKeith wrote: »
    If you want n0 to be all fun and laughs, do not sent out the pms until day1 instead.
    As soon as people get their allignment pms, everything they do will be scrutinised for tells.

Don't think that works, how do you determine the N0 kill then?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Another idea is to have an extended day 1 and no night 0.

I think killing players off who sign up and look forward to a game for a couple of weeks - after only about 12 hours when nothing has happened is extremely harsh.

I know a lot of people like the munch to start here but I think out of respect to those who sign up, having an extended day 1 which ends in a lynch Monday night is a fair recompense to all.

With an extended day 1, there's also ample time for arsing about on Sunday and then getting serious on Monday.

Two days of arsing about with nothing to go on can be tough though. We did that in a game once didn't we and the feedback was that there was less point to being around during the day on Monday iirc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Two days of arsing about with nothing to go on can be tough though. We did that in a game once didn't we and the feedback was that there was less point to being around during the day on Monday iirc

There are...ways... of making that more spicy too :D

With n0 munches the way they are, you're better off not even posting until d1, tbh. I think thats what I'll do in future unless it is stated in the OP that its a flavor N0 munch.

Just open it saturday and let people have at un till sunday evening some time best of both worlds

• Advertisement

Just open it saturday and let people have at un till sunday evening some time best of both worlds

Also a decent idea tbf Mick. I have considered this before tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Necro wrote: »
    Also a decent idea tbf Mick. I have considered this before tbh.
    When we plan our vanilla long game we can do that.

sullivlo wrote: »
    When we plan our vanilla long game we can do that.

It's still on the cards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

sKeith wrote: »

If its an anon game, you would need to know your anon acc.

Besides, I dont think anything on this game on d0 was used against anyone or was it? D0 was die hard/xmas movie talk? Was a pretty fun evening in fairness.

Kolido wrote: »
    If its an anon game, you would need to know your anon acc.

Besides, I dont think anything on this game on d0 was used against anyone or was it? D0 was die hard/xmas movie talk? Was a pretty fun evening in fairness.

and one anon account who said, hey .. i wonder to they have an evil comms room, that's be fun , haha.

my thought is sks wolf hunting. sks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

deconduo wrote: »
    Don't think that works, how do you determine the N0 kill then?

Separate them by a few hours? PM anon account details 9am Sunday morning and alignment on Sunday night at 9.
    12 hours for anyone arse around to do so, once it hits 9pm its business time.

I don't want to moan and maybe it suits certain people, but the level of work going into games for mods is going up and up and up. I really think it can be a barrier to getting new mods on board and more return mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I don't want to moan and maybe it suits certain people, but the level of work going into games for mods is going up and up and up. I really think it can be a barrier to getting new mods on board and more return mods.

Its not a moan, it's a valid point. I've never modded a game, so I've only an inkling of what's involved.

We've had this conversation with maha before, mods are well able to step back and allow the game go on without much involvement. answer pms and back room stuff, and then do the munch and lynch. they don't have to read there own games very much. just reply to the pms and let the players bring stuff to their attention that needs it.

• Advertisement

Like the current schedule is, admittedly, over represented by probably me and Necro. That's grand because we both like modding a lot, but it would be great to see other such as yourself coming on board. I think there is a barrier to entry for people because the standard setup of our games does require a lot of time and effort. If we can accept some bells and whistles will be excluded, I think that will help. At least sometimes. Other times I want a really complicated game with bells and whistles.

Advertisement