Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season Ticket 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Hey guys,

I'm just attempting to pay the "bring a friend" option there for the Cork v Tipp, Cork v Limerick and Cork v Waterford games but when I click on "Please Select Payment Card", it is giving me no options so I cannot make a payment.

I'm just wondering is it an error on the system or do I have to wait until a certain date to make the payment?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you have to wait. You can only do it ( usually) the Monday/Tuesday before the game. Usually when they send the email of how to gain entry to the ground the details of bring a friend will be included in the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

Yes you have to wait. You can only do it ( usually) the Monday/Tuesday before the game. Usually when they send the email of how to gain entry to the ground the details of bring a friend will be included in the mail.
    I don't think thats correct. Under mine there is an option to choose a card

big_drive wrote: »
    I don't think thats correct. Under mine there is an option to choose a card

I’ve used bring a friend multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

It's the Cork Hurling Season Ticket I have, so it is for all the relevant Cork Munster Round Robin games I'm seeking the "bring a friend" option for. I'm a first time ST holder so I am not sure how and when they distribute the tickets.

From emailing the GAA Season Ticket Office, they basically explained to me the payment procedure which is fine but when I click "Please Select Payment Card", the only option on the drop down menu is "Please Select Payment Card" which basically gives me no option to progress with the payment.

Should I be able to pursue with the "bring a friend" option or do I have to wait until the week of the game to do so, as Dicey said?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Did you get an email from season tickets last week with details for your games. I’m from limerick and it said we can only use/buy bring a friend up to midnight on the 5th of May for the cork game. Your own ticket usually comes on my tickets section to print on week of each match. Watch out for bring a friend too as on your own you’ll be close to half way line but bring a friend could move you to another part of stand not as good. I don’t know what is wrong with your bring a friend not working....check your bank card details by clicking on cork season tickets under product description to make sure the card expiry date isn’t up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

Greensoup wrote: »
    Did you get an email from season tickets last week with details for your games. I’m from limerick and it said we can only use/buy bring a friend up to midnight on the 5th of May for the cork game. Your own ticket usually comes on my tickets section to print on week of each match. Watch out for bring a friend too as on your own you’ll be close to half way line but bring a friend could move you to another part of stand not as good. I don’t know what is wrong with your bring a friend not working....check your bank card details by clicking on cork season tickets under product description to make sure the card expiry date isn’t up.

Thanks Greensoup. I got sorted in the end. I checked my bank account details on the homepage of my ST account and my bank card details weren't on it. I assumed I had. Problem solved anyway.

I got "bring a friend" tickets for Cork V Tipp and Cork v Waterford. Tickets aren't bad, between the 45 and 21 which isnt bad at all. Cork v Limerick Bring a Friend Section are sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Good to here. I was thinking it would be something to do with bank card alright. Enjoy games, should be a great month of hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teemarie

Sorry new to this too...trying to bring a friend to the Wexford v Dublin and Wexford v Galway but when I choose the option it states no fixtures available. I presume I have to wait then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

I’ve used bring a friend multiple times.

The cut off is Sunday so he can't wait until the Mon/Tues before game.
    Mine is there now in a drop down menu including the Cork Waterford game which isn't played until June 8th but has next Sunday as cut off to purchase which is difficult enough as its hard to say this well in advance exactly who will or won't be around that day

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teemarie

Thanks, just to let you know there is no bring a friend option for the Leinster hurling championship. I got a reply from my email today, due to excessive demand for tickets and the venue capacity was the reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

That's correct Teemarie. That information was in the email sent to st holders.

No bring a friend for Leinster....
    479227.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Bit annoyed that all the Leinster Hurling games (I'm a Galway season ticket holder) are unreserved seating - last few years they had seat numbers allocated and to be fair they were pretty good seats - this has been the main attraction of being a season ticket holder particularly for hurling in that we as a family know we can sit together to watch the matches - there is absolutely no benefit in having a season ticket now other than access to Final tickets - i might as well go onto tickets.ie, pay the same for the tickets as I am with the season ticket and I dont need to commit the spend up front for all games - I think Leinster council are wanting to kill the season ticket initiative here - no one is going to tell me that there will not be big crowds at Galway v Wexford, KK and Wexford - Galway apparently have sold out their allocation of 5,000 season tickets for the hurling this year

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is the new York game included on the mayo season ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

KevIRL wrote:
    Is the new York game included on the mayo season ticket?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

westcork67 wrote: »
    Bit annoyed that all the Leinster Hurling games (I'm a Galway season ticket holder) are unreserved seating - last few years they had seat numbers allocated and to be fair they were pretty good seats - this has been the main attraction of being a season ticket holder particularly for hurling in that we as a family know we can sit together to watch the matches - there is absolutely no benefit in having a season ticket now other than access to Final tickets - i might as well go onto tickets.ie, pay the same for the tickets as I am with the season ticket and I dont need to commit the spend up front for all games - I think Leinster council are wanting to kill the season ticket initiative here - no one is going to tell me that there will not be big crowds at Galway v Wexford, KK and Wexford - Galway apparently have sold out their allocation of 5,000 season tickets for the hurling this year

How much does the stand in pearse stadium hold?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jeebhis H Chr9st, now offering us Spice Girls tickets..... anything to generate money eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

yop wrote: »
    Jeebhis H Chr9st, now offering us Spice Girls tickets..... anything to generate money eh!

They mustn't be selling that well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

kala85 wrote: »
    They mustn't be selling that well

And not likely to at €140 a pop.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Does the Season Ticket for the first round of the Championship mean you just scan the card, or do you have to print off a ticket?

Thanks in advance

Does the Season Ticket for the first round of the Championship mean you just scan the card, or do you have to print off a ticket?

Thanks in advance

Get your card scanned at the season ticket turnstile.

• Advertisement

Get your card scanned at the season ticket turnstile.

Thanks for that, appreciated

Thanks for that, appreciated

For Dublin V Louth I’m looking for just a child ticket. Are they free in? I’m going with my mate both have season tickets.
    Can just bring him with us or do we have to fork out for a adult ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Does anyone know if you use the 'opt out' option for the 1st championship match does your free 1st championship game roll onto the next fixture for your county?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Same As wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you use the 'opt out' option for the 1st championship match does your free 1st championship game roll onto the next fixture for your county?
    No it doesn't. Opt-out just prevents you from being charged for attendance but still counts toward your attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

Wasn’t sure if Portlaoise was going to count or not as they had awful trouble with machines I heard them say at the entrance. Only 1 open for a good while also at around 6:15 this was

All my tickets got scanned and updated successfully

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

In Castlebar on Saturday the self scanners where not working so back to the hand held scanner.
    Good news is the attendance record was recorded this morning.

Breffni Park 2 weeks ago........buck in the Season Ticket Turnstile was scanning nothing when I went in....he just ripped the sheet and took the bottom half and said they werent scanning

Checked on site, and needless to say Im marked as "Not Attended"

For professional type entrance charges, its a very amateur system.

And, Surprise Surprise, they have failed to respond to an email.

Cash is King

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

307 section for us this time. I don’t think we’ve ever been in there

Breffni Park 2 weeks ago........buck in the Season Ticket Turnstile was scanning nothing when I went in....he just ripped the sheet and took the bottom half and said they werent scanning

Checked on site, and needless to say Im marked as "Not Attended"

For professional type entrance charges, its a very amateur system.

And, Surprise Surprise, they have failed to respond to an email.

Cash is King

What sheet? You’d use your card in Breffini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

What's the bloody point of having a season ticket?! It's my first time in years having one and for the Munster final I want to bring a +1, I go to add them in the bring a friend section and the only tickets they are offering me is row C in section 404, terrible seats right at ground level! And the size of the new stadium down there, this is all they offer me?! Can't change it. I could get better tickets by simply going on to tickets.ie

Also, I thought I was getting a fiver discount on championship games as a season ticket holder, but it's just the same discount that everyone gets for buying in advance, which is available up to midnight the night before the game.

This is absolutely beyond pointless.

Advertisement