Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark age of Camelot - Uthgard free shard

• 15-10-2018 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Been playing this free shard since it launched about a year and a half ago. Really enjoyed the nostalgia of playing it again. I haven't met one other Irish person playing and really the thread was to see if anyone is actually playing it! It's a fantastic game, the player versus player aspect of the game is probably one of the best combat systems I've ever played and so many other games took alot from it.

It is a fan hosted server, classic setting before too many expansions made the game too complicated and just not as good. It's set to patch level 1.65 for pretty much all settings except with the odd bit of quality of life customization.

The population has taken Abit of a dip recently but it's a great bit of fun for free if anyone is interested in giving it a go! Link below!

http://www.uthgard.net
    https://m.facebook.com/Uthgard/

I used to play on the old EU servers, Excalibur on Albion back when this game was launched in 2000-01. I've still yet to find a game that matches the intensity and skill level for PvP combat.

If anybody does decide to give it a go and wants some help getting started or just a friendly face to chat to then please do pm me here and I'll help out anyway I can!

And yes this is kind of a shameless plug to drum up some additional population as I just think it's such a fine game and can't believe I haven't met one other Irish person. They probably all rolled on the side of Hibernia mind you ha!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rashinsane

Hi Paddy,

My apologies for unbury this post because it's a bit of an old one but I was really curious about it because I used to play a lot of DAOC on official servers then on Freeshard ones but that was ages ago. Uthgard rings a bell as well as Albion back. I was mostly playing on a French one initially that used to be called Amtenael. It lasted a good 8 years self-fund. Good old days.

Just wonder if your server still kicking, I may give it a try (if free time shows up ^^).

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

There is a freeshard now called Phoenix with 1500 players regularly on it. It's like uthgard but has much better quality of life stuff to make levelling easier.

Advertisement