Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hennessy New Irish Writing

• 13-09-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of submitting to Hennessy New Irish Writing with the Irish Times. I submitted a story over 9 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. When it was with the Irish Independent I sent a couple of stories in and both times got a rejection within days. It says on their site that it can take up to 4 weeks to respond but what are other people's experiences? I am reluctant to get my hopes up but find waiting hard. I don't know if it is a good sign or whether they just have a huge backlog!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

Response times vary, two months is not unusual. You may be on a short-list, who knows, or maybe CC is on his holliers. Best thing to do is keep the story moving onto the next competition/submission and don't fret too much about it
    Kieran

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you're still waiting, they like your story.

Like you any that have been rejected have been almost immediate.

It can be a long slow wait if you do get selected. Take it from me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I've had a couple of stories published in the Hennessy page. I got a phone call within the month I sent them in, IIRC. I've also had a couple of rejections, but I think they took longer.

However, that was when it was in the Tribune, so maybe things have changed.

Advertisement