Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alliance of American Football 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Nfl network are showing two games live every week im sure
    Know that, its in their schedule. But its only one game at a reasonable hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Loughc wrote: »
    Other than NFL Network on gamepass, no.

i imagine they'll want to see how popular it is in the states and if it survives for a second season first before investing in it.

Thanks

NFL Network is free on GamePass until 31st July so that's handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Might as well give this a watch, lots watch college and this will have a better standard of player overall. Birmingham for me, mainly because I was looking at rosters and recognized Tolzein and Richardson.

Loughc wrote: »
    I know but the poster was asking about a highlight show, to show highlights of the other games.

Hopefully they'll have a YouTube channel for that like the NFL do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Might as well give this a watch, lots watch college and this will have a better standard of player overall. Birmingham for me, mainly because I was looking at rosters and recognized Tolzein and Richardson.

As in Trent Richardson?

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »
    As in Trent Richardson?

Yep, I remember hearing he was going to the league. Tolzein was a training camp patsy for the Packers before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

In the dog days of the offseason, any football is welcome. I like the look of the Orlando Apollos - Steve Spurier is the head coach, so should be exciting to watch and like the unis!

Atlanta Legends offensive coordinator is Michael Vick, although I'd prefer to see him pull on the cleats it'll be interesting all the same.

Seriously though, it will give some young players a chance to showcase what they can do, not to mention older players a chance to reboot their career. It might pioneer rule changes for the NFL,where they can watch them trialed and see the outcomes in real games. Finally it may provide an avenue for young and minority coaches to step into roles that might otherwise have been closed off to them. If the quality of football is any ways half-decent they will find an audience I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Did I read that the games would stream for free on the official app (when it eventually drops)? Surely this would conflict with other TV deals?

I wonder will any of the mainstream bookies offer odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Paladonia wrote: »
    Did I read that the games would stream for free on the official app (when it eventually drops)? Surely this would conflict with other TV deals?

Sky bet have a market up. I tweeted Paddy Power & told them & asked would they have a market, they replied that they sent it to their traders and are awaiting a response.id imagine once Skybet are doing one, they’ll follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Paladonia wrote: »

Yes, a few have dipped their toes in already on the conferences & outrights, skybet and bet365 being 2 of the bigger bookies doing it.
    https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/aaf-championship/alliance-of-american-football-championship/winner
    They might price up the matches/hcaps next week when they get an idea of each team and how the scoring is working out under the different AAF rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

The App has been released, looks like the iOS version is only available in the States. Android one is available here.

Just bare bones app at the minute, only really a schedule on the app, the rest just links to webpages. It's going to be heavily developed as the season continues. Hopefully streming within the app will be up and running for this weekend, hearing that it won't have a casting feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Thought NFL Network would be showing more than a game a week.

If they produce a highlights show I’ll be more than happy though.

I wonder if the NFL getting behind this is an effort to squeeze Vince McMahon before he even starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I wonder if the NFL getting behind this is an effort to squeeze Vince McMahon before he even starts?
    I'd imagine it's because of Polian.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The App has been released, looks like the iOS version is only available in the States. Android one is available here.

Just bare bones app at the minute, only really a schedule on the app, the rest just links to webpages. It's going to be heavily developed as the season continues. Hopefully streming within the app will be up and running for this weekend, hearing that it won't have a casting feature.

iOS version now available in Europe.

Where are the games being shown? Didn't catch it earlier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where are the games being shown? Didn't catch it earlier.

2 a week on the NFL network and some on CBS in the states. Apparently the app will stream games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

I am most interested in how they implement the sky judge system - sounds like VAR as they can rule on any “egregious error” by the refs. seems like the nfc conference game may have sparked a few ideas with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Thought NFL Network would be showing more than a game a week.

If they produce a highlights show I’ll be more than happy though.

They are, every week except this first week has 2 games on NFL Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

How does the college/NFL team link up work? Just a kinda buddy system? Or something more formal?

Anyone going watching this? Kurt Warner on the mic pregame in the stadium. They couldn't have gotten a better guy for this with how his career went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Deco99 wrote: »
    How does the college/NFL team link up work? Just a kinda buddy system? Or something more formal?
    I THINK it's more formal. My understanding is that if you want to play in the league coming out of college or after being cut from the NFL, the team attached to them has first refusal on your rights in the league.

I stand to be corrected on that.

Anyway I'll give it a shot. Not sure whether to support my local team, San Antonio, or whoever is attached to the bears, or Mike Singletary's team...

Interesting to see if anyone can jump start their career a la Kurt Warner who is on board as a colour commentator. I have no doubt it'll be a big help for guys getting ready for the draft and udfa though

San Antonio have Mike Riley as HC and Mike Martz is coaching San Diego. Haven't heard anything about Martz for years. Interesting to see how Riley does, always liked him as a college coach.

That's the hardest hit on a QB I've seen in a long, long time

It's his own fault, how did he not see a player coming from his right side?
    I'm checking out already, they need to find decent QBs or it won't take off imo.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's his own fault, how did he not see a player coming from his right side?
    I'm checking out already, they need to find decent QBs or it won't take off imo.
    Very bad on his part. I don't think there's going to be good QB play. If you get one or two in the league it would be a surprise. Not even every NFL team has a decent one

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I saw a bit of the Orlando Atlanta game and i thought the quality was ok ,the qb play was poor for the most part but Orlando had some nice defensive plays .It will be intresting to see how much support this things generates ,the crowd was small enough but you would expect that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Followed the first quarter and flicked through the rest (it became uncompetitive near the half).
    Enjoyable enough, thought the winning quarterback was decent.

Really don't like the lack of PATs thus having to go for two points every time. It takes away from the natural excitement of going for two when it happens after every touchdown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭QuadaLumpins

Birmingham
    New England Patriots
    Buffalo Bills
    Cleveland Browns
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Montreal Alouettes
    Ottawa Redblacks

Atlanta
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Carolina Panthers
    Atlanta Falcons
    Washington Redskins
    Toronto Argonauts

Memphis
    Tennessee Titans
    New Orleans Saints
    Indianapolis Colts
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Orlando
    Miami Dolphins
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    New York Jets
    New York Giants
    Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Phoenix
    Arizona Cardinals
    San Francisco 49ers
    Chicago Bears
    Baltimore Ravens
    Edmonton Eskimos

Salt Lake City
    Seattle Seahawks
    Denver Broncos
    Minnesota Vikings
    Green Bay Packers
    Calgary Stampeders

San Antonio
    Dallas Cowboys
    Houston Texans
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Saskatchewan Roughriders

San Diego
    Los Angeles Rams
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Oakland Raiders
    Detroit Lions
    British Columbia Lions

Source: https://www.al.com/sports/2018/07/alabama_auburn_on_birminghams.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭QuadaLumpins

Memphis @ Birmingham game now live on Facebook if anyone fancies a watch ...

Advertisement