Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic Pro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

I done a test of the Active Track feature last weekend. The tracking is set to my Discovery (Red one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-zx5zCppo

// disclaimer: i'm far from being an expert - i only start looking at the follow me modes this weekend ( https://youtu.be/mqTosTbr2iY )

i think your mavic ( or drones in general ) freak out a bit when in GPS mode while over water - might have to do with moving under while they're trying to keep gps track of what they're up to

but, once again, not 100% sure of it - can't remember what mode I was on when I flew mine over water

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

How long did it take everyone here to get theirs? Do they come from China or the EU? I ordered mine today and I'm heading off late next week, wondering it it will be here for then.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

I have wondered where they come from, you are paying Euro on the DJI site, but if they are shipped from China do you get stung for import tax?

Wanton wrote: »
    I have wondered where they come from, you are paying Euro on the DJI site, but if they are shipped from China do you get stung for import tax?

Jesus you gave me a heart attack! I had a look on the site and it mentions that it's all included in the price so I won't have to pay extra.

bertie4evr wrote: »
    How long did it take everyone here to get theirs? Do they come from China or the EU? I ordered mine today and I'm heading off late next week, wondering it it will be here for then.

Ordered yesterday, shipped today from London. Expected here next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Are they back in stock?

What site have you ordered from?

Are they back in stock?

What site have you ordered from?

From DJI. It says on their site shipping time is 1-3 Days.

From DJI. It says on their site shipping time is 1-3 Days.

Right so, putting it off no longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Bought mine Friday, Listed as dispatched today, Estimated delivery Friday coming, I'll update when I get it.

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Bought mine Friday, Listed as dispatched today, Estimated delivery Friday coming, I'll update when I get it.

Yours is coming from the UK too I assume?

• Advertisement

Right so, putting it off no longer.

The waiting times are what put me off until now too. Didn't want to hand over €1500 and wait for weeks/months to get one.

Yours is coming from the UK too I assume?

You are correct shipping from GUILDFORD, GB via DHL

The waiting times are what put me off until now too. Didn't want to hand over €1500 and wait for weeks/months to get one.

Yeah I just posted the exact same sentiments earlier in bargain alerts.

Just a pity I can't grab one via Amazon as I have €300 in one4all vouchers that could have been used.

Well, I say shipped. No move today and DHL say that it hasn't been sent to them yet. I was wondering why the estimate was Friday!

Chatted to DJI today, that was err.. Fun

Chatted to DJI today, that was err.. Fun

Yeah, not a great time. Ended up trying DHL instead — much quicker.

Something I noticed about DJI was that the support people (I was in touch twice) typed very slowly and took a while to respond. This meant I kept getting the "You have not typed anything in a while. We will disconnect the chat in two minutes". Not a nice tactic.

Yeah, not a great time. Ended up trying DHL instead — much quicker.

Something I noticed about DJI was that the support people (I was in touch twice) typed very slowly and took a while to respond. This meant I kept getting the "You have not typed anything in a while. We will disconnect the chat in two minutes". Not a nice tactic.

Oh oh there has been some movement :D:D

Oh oh there has been some movement :D:D

I'd like to think the moaning did that! :pac:

Our's must be on the same plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Mine is leaving London too, well for expecting it sometime in May (as promised by local dealers), I can wait even a few weeks for sure :)

So does anyone here have there Mavic insured, as in device insurance

• Advertisement

So does anyone here have there Mavic insured, as in device insurance

I'm going to call and see. Our house insurance has accidental damage coverage, which replaced a laptop that was broken outside the home before. We'll see what they say about the Mavic...

I'm going to call and see. Our house insurance has accidental damage coverage, which replaced a laptop that was broken outside the home before. We'll see what they say about the Mavic...

Has this claim brought your premium up? is it worth to insure it? For ~$150 you can get it insured with DJI for two accidents, I think.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Has this claim brought your premium up? is it worth to insure it? For ~$150 you can get it insured with DJI for two accidents, I think.

Not that I noticed, it was a couple of years ago now. Doesn't matter anyway they won't cover the Mavic!

The DJI Care thing is tempting but it's €120 upfront, then another €70 the first time something happens and €120 the second time. Not to mention it only lasts a year and you can't renew it.

The DJI Care thing is tempting but it's €120 upfront, then another €70 the first time something happens and €120 the second time. Not to mention it only lasts a year and you can't renew it.

Hm, still it may well worth it if you are an amateur like myself, and you probably won't need it the second and other years as you get better and better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

I just ordered one from CVP in UK, there's 43 in stock...if thats to be believed http://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/dji_mavic_pro

• My dad has every one of their drones bar the inspire 2. The mavic will be the one getting the most use. The design is just amazing

Taking the inspire out is a real commitment, and becomes quite awkward when you include a case and storage for controller, batteries,... especially if you want to go off the beaten track, same with the phantoms

The mavic just makes so much more sense, literally fits in your jacket pocket, and controller in the other pocket

This is the first drone he bought direct from Apple

If all of their drones were the same price, I would still choose the mavic

Good luck with your mavics everyone, I think they are a bargain for that price

Mine arrived! It's sitting on the desk charging and of course today it's p*ssing down so no flying for me. I might terrorise the dogs indoors later.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkyuser

Mine arrived! It's sitting on the desk charging and of course today it's p*ssing down so no flying for me. I might terrorise the dogs indoors later.

I ordered early morning yesterday 21st on dji.com, website says payment confirmed and shipped.

When did you receive DHL tracking number? 24 hours later I haven't got any shipping info from DHL

I've ordered the fly more + 1 extra battery, I beginning to think i should have split this order into two ..I might be waiting longer if they don't have the extra battery.

I've emailed DJI for info.

I started quadcopters two years ago first with a tiny Cheerson cx-10 banggood.com, then an indestructible ARRIS FPV250 from hobby-wing.com, I can fly line of sight pretty good now. Lots of crashes, replaced lots of props
    I've put the time in, flying figure eights, sideways, nose in and nose out, coordinated turns, tight turns around goal posts etc. Its good to know Ill have these skills to help avoid crashes or fly aways

Gotta get this mavic have some fun before everyone has one and we're colliding, falling out of the sky and the authorities crack down on it :pac:

edit: I've always been careful not to cause any disturbance to people, pets, property or wildlife in the slightest

funkyuser wrote: »
    I ordered early morning yesterday 21st on dji.com, website says payment confirmed and shipped.

When did you receive DHL tracking number? 24 hours later I haven't got any shipping info from DHL

I've ordered the fly more + 1 extra battery, I beginning to think i should have split this order into two ..I might be waiting longer if they don't have the extra battery.

I've emailed DJI for info.

I started quadcopters two years ago first with a tiny Cheerson cx-10 banggood.com, then an indestructible ARRIS FPV250 from hobby-wing.com, I can fly line of sight pretty good now. Lots of crashes, replaced lots of props
    I've put the time in, flying figure eights, sideways, nose in and nose out, coordinated turns, tight turns around goal posts etc. Its good to know Ill have these skills to help avoid crashes or fly aways

Gotta get this mavic have some fun before everyone has one and we're colliding, falling out of the sky and the authorities crack down on it :pac:

I order last Thursday (16th), and got an email from Fulfilment & Marketing Ltd. Friday some time to say they had shipped with a link to track. DJI didn't send me the shipped email until Sunday.

• Advertisement

Got mine this morning also, 1 battery is on charge, might charge the other 2 later. 3 workings days as advertised isn't bad

Advertisement