Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Have to show a video on childbirth to some kids soon. Watched one to prepare myself. Now terrified. If I can't handle it, what will they do!!

I'm sure I watched a video on childbirth when I was in year 8. And I'm also pretty sure it traumatised me for about three years.

oh well. Education is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

How so Joe wrote: »
    I'm sure I watched a video on childbirth when I was in year 8. And I'm also pretty sure it traumatised me for about three years.

oh well. Education is great!

It's my year 7s. I showed them a broncoscopy last week, two vomited!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    It's my year 7s. I showed them a broncoscopy last week, two vomited!

Okay, apparently you have really sensitive year 7s.
    Tell them when the gross bits are coming up, so they can look away.
    Ergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I literally just saw the Friends episode with the childbirth video last night. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I literally just saw the Friends episode with the childbirth video last night. lol.
    Which one? The one where Phoebe gives birth to triplets by natural birth (ha!)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Which one? The one where Phoebe gives birth to triplets by natural birth (ha!)?

I assumed the one with the birth video that Phoebe gives Rachel, which gets, um, mixed up.

"Hm, maybe it starts with how she *gets* pregnant..."

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I assumed the one with the birth video that Phoebe gives Rachel, which gets, um, mixed up.

"Hm, maybe it starts with how she *gets* pregnant..."

;)
    Ah I just read childbirth, didn't see the video bit.

I don't get showing a video to expectant mothers. Every birth is different, and frankly, it's horrifying to watch one with all the screaming and roaring! My midwife had a knitted uterus, placenta and umbilical cord and a doll, and it demonstrated labour grand for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was addicted to One Born Every Minute when pregnant - didn't put me off at all, and they only show the dramatic ones!

How long is it until home time?
    I'm so booooooored today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Starting my new job tomorrow and feeling so nervous :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Got my first phone interview for Canada. So frigging excited! I will probably fluff it up I am so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Starting my new job tomorrow and feeling so nervous :o

Best of luck!! :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Send coffee. It's a poor replacement for sleep but it will do for now...

Isn't your wedding really soon rk? Hope all going well for it!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

9 days to go, flying to Shannon next Wednesday! Trying to get as much as possible done in work over the next few days, but my brain is half in holiday mode already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Exciting times Kirb :D
    Dolbert wrote:
    Loungers, I'm going to be really cheeky and ask for your vote! My band Hvmmingbyrd has a shot at the cover of Hot Press and we'd really appreciate it (we're number 18). Thanks muchly

We're through to the final 6!! Thanks so much to everyone who voted :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dolbert wrote: »

They asked me to confirm my vote twice! Good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Dolbert wrote: »

Only saw this now, sorry, would have voted. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Got a phonecall today to arrange an interview for an internship I would love, fingers crossed it goes well & I can get my foot in the door. :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Long long day at work again, early start because the papers I needed to work on at home i had left at work yesterday, and had to have the stuff done by 11 so i could use it for teaching. Full day of teaching followed by parents evening. Just so wrecked now.

Girls have four maths exams in these two weeks, and the first one was usnig Data. They get a data sheet with information and can be asked questions based on that information. I went back through past papers, which there was three years worth and the specification for the exam, my questions were nearly identical to the ones that came up!! Assistant headteacher, who is also a maths teacher, said it to me on Tuesday after the exam that she heard my questions were bang on the money, I met her today and she had obviously seen the paper, and was completely freaked out how I managed to get the numbers correct for certain questions as well. Just hope I have predicted tomorrows as well as I did Mondays. This whole thing has meant Ive gotten buggar all other work done, but at least my head of department has seen the work I've put in to help the rest of the department with them.

My shiny new keyboard for my ipad arrived today, only problem is that when I want to go and move something, my finger instinctly goes towards the area under the space bar where my tracker pad for my laptop would be - have some time to get used to it, but will be fairly handy for work, when i need to see the whole screen while typing things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Das Kitty wrote: »
    They asked me to confirm my vote twice! Good luck. :)

The voting was a pain in the arse tbh, so I'm extra grateful to anyone who did :)

Lads I am running on pure empty the last week or two! not back to work til Wednesday though \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Just started working a café and it's insane that after a four hour shifts my feet are always in bits. Had a six hour shift the other day and I had to take painkillers because the pain in my calves from standing and moving, and that was only for six hours! I suppose I've spent that last four years of university sitting down :pac: so I'm kind of glad to have a job that requires me to stand for a while. Hopefully, my legs will get used to it and toughen up. Café work puts you through your paces though. You never really see the hard work people are doing until your on the other side of the counter and I think a lot of people take that for granted, myself included.
    I was stress eating (chocolate, lots of chocolate) the first few days but I have to cut that out. I can't exercise in the evenings but I must make an effort to do some in the morning like I was prior to this. And do some yoga too :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Had cleaners in during the week to do a big clean of my house, was seriously disappointed at the job.

Not only did they not do what they were supposed to, but a load of cosmetics from moisturiser and body lotion to lip gloss have disappeared along with a tweezerman tweezers, some nail grooming tools and other small things

Not sure if they threw them out or puput them away somewhere but some of what's missing was on my bedside locker

In total so far there's over a hundred euros worth of stuff to replace if I don't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just started working a café and it's insane that after a four hour shifts my feet are always in bits. Had a six hour shift the other day and I had to take painkillers because the pain in my calves from standing and moving, and that was only for six hours! I suppose I've spent that last four years of university sitting down :pac: so I'm kind of glad to have a job that requires me to stand for a while. Hopefully, my legs will get used to it and toughen up. Café work puts you through your paces though. You never really see the hard work people are doing until your on the other side of the counter and I think a lot of people take that for granted, myself included.
    I was stress eating (chocolate, lots of chocolate) the first few days but I have to cut that out. I can't exercise in the evenings but I must make an effort to do some in the morning like I was prior to this. And do some yoga too :)

Oh you will definitely get used to it.. When I started working I used to be in tears when I'd get home, now I can work a 9/10 hour shift without my feet or legs hurting - even when I was 8.5 months pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

A friend might have a (really) old laptop for me. €50 and he'll get it up and running and have office software on it. Even if it doesn't have the internet it'll be grand. All I want it for is so I can take it somewhere and work on my novel somewhere that isn't my bedroom. I'm getting a real cabin fever thing going on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The jets in my dishwasher are going off to the timing of 'We will rock you' by Queen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Starting chemotherapy today. :( Wish me luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Starting chemotherapy today. :( Wish me luck.

Best wishes for you I hope it goes well
    bring some mint tea it helped my dad cope with nausea

Advertisement