Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do you think about Carrolls shops?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Archaeologists often get tourists walking onto sites, they shouldn't be there in the first place. There are people all over the world who have returned home having been witness to archaeologists excavating a genuine Neolithic Lepreesheean settlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I thought that being our friends and neighbours that you would have learned some bit of Irish history,you know all this EU bollix.

Leprechauns existed,they just died out,there are half bloods, that we mentioned above.
    First it was the english,they developed a taste for them.Long before you had fish n chips, you had chaun n chips.FACT.
    The last leprechaun king died in mortal combat with another king of sorts called Big Joe Joyce in the battle of Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

DanaScully wrote: »
    But where is the gold?

Well you see we also have *pixies. Now, we affectionatly call them names like *Seanie *Bertie * Cowen etc or *"developers"...you know?

They had the gold but they wanted to give it to the *Germans.

We dont like *pixies :mad:

*you may change the word pixie to suit your mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Hello there,

I am French and lived in Ireland and visited it for 6 months last year. It was fantastic :D Before leaving I bought some gifts at Carrolls shops. Like in any other gifts shops in the world, it was full of clichés. Like in Paris, you can buy many Eiffel tower items, stuff about cheese and Garlic. I just hate Garlic.

In Carrolls shops, Leprechauns items (drinking beers and saying rude things) are numerous! They seem to be one of the most popular stuff.

I am just wondering, what do Irish people think about Carrolls shop and about leprechauns items? Do you go there times to times?

Thanks for sharing :)

'There are certain things one must do. Punching a Frenchman is one of them.'

Sir Philip Bin, 'Bleak Expectations'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I know the manager of the one in Talbot Street and I always get a discount on my pride flags and t-shirts. Also, they sell whiskey-infused chocolate so they can't be THAT bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Funny how they are irish shops, yet are full of Chinese scrap.......

That's manafacturing for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

In fairness to Carroll's they have an excellent collection of fridge magnets - essential souvenirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DanaScully

In fairness to Carroll's they have an excellent collection of fridge magnets - essential souvenirs.

Lol yeah especially the one which is a bottle-opener :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

What is the link between Leprechauns and English ?

Leprechauns don't exist and are supposed to be shoemarkers for fairies...

Someone didn't read as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Leprechauns are from folklore/mythology. The first one was the son of an evil spirit and a fairy. They love playing tricks on people. They make shoes and hide their money at the ends of rainbows. If you catch one they can grant you a wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

never heard of carolls but its possibly where all the huge pencils am bought from dads visits home,its a tradition where he always gets one whenever he is over,theyre fuking useless without a big sharpner.
    Steve O wrote: »
    Someone didn't read as a child.
    looks like someones not been practicing what they preach, as an adult-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63152137&postcount=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Scruffles wrote: »
    looks like someones not been practicing what they preach, as an adult-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63152137&postcount=20

My post was in reference to this

"Leprechauns don't exist and are supposed to be shoemarkers for fairies.."

I was merely saying he mustn't have read The Elves and the Shoemaker as a child.

Get over yourself, you aren't a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Do they still serve coddle in a Bodhrán?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Those shops are good craic. I bought my French missus a hat that says 'Is maith liom mo hata'. It wasn't tacky at all, kinda cool actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DanaScully

Steve O wrote: »
    My post was in reference to this

"Leprechauns don't exist and are supposed to be shoemarkers for fairies.."

I was merely saying he mustn't have read The Elves and the Shoemaker as a child.

Get over yourself, you aren't a mod.

The Elves and the Shoemaker? What is this book about?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

McChubbin wrote: »
    I know the manager of the one in Talbot Street and I always get a discount on my pride flags and t-shirts. Also, they sell whiskey-infused chocolate so they can't be THAT bad.

They sell 'authentic' Irish soil that's made in Poland. It's like a legalised version of selling laptops out of a white van.

I don't really know why this in After Hours. Sorry OP, it doesn't belong here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement