Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writers' Bloc - Creative Writing Off Topic Thread

• 21-06-2011 5:01pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any interest in this? Any idea for a better name?
    Is this the least creative post ever written?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh that's a good idea

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So what's the worst idea you've ever heard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

So what's the worst idea you've ever heard?

I am not sure but I think it ended with "what could possibly go wrong" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

off topic thread! Mwuahahahaha, this is where my tangents shall spread and destroy all like oak roots! Mwuahahahaha

So it's the 21st of June, sun splitting the stones and it's national music in the streets day. What could possibly go wrong?

• Advertisement

why else would i be hiding indoors...!
    no sun splitting the stones here thankfully... otherwise i really might be hiding away

bluewolf wrote: »
    why else would i be hiding indoors...!
    no sun splitting the stones here thankfully... otherwise i really might be hiding away

Lady you should visit the Noc more often :cool:

yessir :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

So it's the 21st of June, sun splitting the stones

You're back in France, aren't you :mad:

Antilles wrote: »
    You're back in France, aren't you :mad:

Heh, I was wondering...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

getting used to wearing a watch is a pain in the ass. My left arm now feels really, really light while my right arm feels insanely heavy.

CD. wrote: »
    getting used to wearing a watch is a pain in the ass. My left arm now feels really, really light while my right arm feels insanely heavy.

I agree - i stopped wearing them years ago
    no watches bracelets rings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I only wear a wristwatch when I know I am going to be stuck in meetings all day. That way I can check the time without having to take my phone out.

I agree - i stopped wearing them years ago
    no watches bracelets rings

Yeah, I'm the same, but my Dad got me a nice engraved watch as a graduation present, so I've tried my best to get used to it. I still take it off and play with it as often as I wear it. I just deal with the weight by pretending I'm Hell Boy, with a red right hand :)

... play me out Nick... :cool:

It's an awesome looking watch, I got it as an early 21st present from my parents.

So far I have onyl ever had two watches i wore, the one i have now and a binary watch where yuo press a button and it lights up, and yuo tell the time by which lights light up.

I can tell time easier with that one than any of the others. Can't really read a clock face quickly, but i suppose i'll get used to it rather than having to count up each time.

Just got to #1 in free short stories on Amazon.co.uk. excuse me while a I repeat a joke,
    Mr. (Rudyard) Kipling may make exceedingly good cakes, but I beat him to #1 in free short stories.

Just got to #1 in free short stories on Amazon.co.uk. excuse me while a I repeat a joke,
    Mr. (Rudyard) Kipling may make exceedingly good cakes, but I beat him to #1 in free short stories.

What does that mean exactly?

Just back from a most pleasant evening. The music was... amateur, as was to be expected but the teeming hordes of criminally beautiful people thronigng the streets defied belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

It's an awesome looking watch, I got it as an early 21st present from my parents.

So far I have onyl ever had two watches i wore, the one i have now and a binary watch where yuo press a button and it lights up, and yuo tell the time by which lights light up.

I can tell time easier with that one than any of the others. Can't really read a clock face quickly, but i suppose i'll get used to it rather than having to count up each time.

Hm, just downloaded Asylum from your site, out of curiosity. I think you'll have the privilege of being the first living author to appear on my iPad...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Possible title. Sticks n Stones.

;)

Hm, just downloaded Asylum from your site, out of curiosity. I think you'll have the privilege of being the first living author to appear on my iPad...

yay :) I hope I don't destroy the possibility of other living writers being downloaded.

"What does that mean exactly?"

The joke or the number one thing? though i suppose both are explained at once.

A Rudyard Kipling short story was #1 in the short story subsection for free ebooks on amazon.co.uk, my collection of short stories went to number one in short stories last night, though back to number two this morning, foiled! I am hopeful it shall return to number one soon as it seems that downloads are worse in the morning than they are in the evening.

yay :) I hope I don't destroy the possibility of other living writers being downloaded.

"What does that mean exactly?"

The joke or the number one thing? though i suppose both are explained at once.

A Rudyard Kipling short story was #1 in the short story subsection for free ebooks on amazon.co.uk, my collection of short stories went to number one in short stories last night, though back to number two this morning, foiled! I am hopeful it shall return to number one soon as it seems that downloads are worse in the morning than they are in the evening.

Your short stories are the number 1 (or 2) downloaded free thing on Amazon :eek:

I definitely have to grab a copy.

• Advertisement

BTW this thread title sucks, and I'm not gone on Antilles' suggestion either. Moar ideas!

"we wont wear watches" :pac:

whoosh!

That's awesome by the way. I'm not sure if I said congrats, but that's great :)
    It also lends hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

BTW this thread title sucks, and I'm not gone on Antilles' suggestion either. Moar ideas!

It's stolen, but Inklings?

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Any interest in this? Any idea for a better name?

The Writers Block? :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    The Writers Block? :P

or Bloc?

Little Thread Writing Hood?

I like inklings

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

or Bloc?

yeah, that works better for me :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

I like inklings

It's stolen though :/

How about Nibbles?

Advertisement