Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

• 07-02-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Hi :)

Over the last few months we've seen quite a number of threads popping up where people are either looking for a new club to join, or a poster representing a club wants to advertise for new players and the like. With that in mind we've set up this new thread so posters can either spread the word about who they play for, or find out more about other GAA clubs without cluttering the rest of the forum.

If this is successful we would hope that in time this will be a great reference guide for people to find out as much information as possible about the clubs in their area. As well as that, if anyone is looking for a club to join in a particular county just give a shout out here and something should crop up. Any threads in the future advertising a certain club will be merged into this one, and I've also posted up a little template if people wish to use that as a starting point to telling us a bit about the club and what you do!

Same rules apply as per the rest of the forum, no spamming, no posting of personal details, particularly if you wish to exchange mobile numbers please do so via PM.

Club Name:
    Level played:
    Contact details:
    Any other info:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheWestsAwake

Re: Ranelagh Gaels ladies team

One of the lads asked me to let ye know that Ranelagh Gaels ladies have 15-18 players training at the moment. If your are looking to join the club, please contact secretary.ranelaghgaels.dublin@gaa.ie Training at UCD Thursday nights @ 8.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peewee18988

Heya lads

Is anyone looking to get onto a GAA team for this coming season? We are a junior team in South dublin and we are seriously struggling for numbers.

If you're looking to get back into the game of haven't played before you are very welcome to join us.

We train on Tuesday with matches on Sunday. The standard is not great so all levels of skill and fitness is catered for. First match is this Sunday so dust off the boots and get movin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Club Name: Ranelagh Gaels
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Hurling
    Level played: Junior F
    Contact details: ranelaghgaels.hurling@gmail.com
    Any other info: Ranelagh Gaels are putting together a new team and have entered into the Junior F championship. There are a number of players who are just starting in hurling or have played hurling at under age level and are now coming back to it some years later. If you're in anyway interested then it would be worth a lash!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SallinsMan

Club Name: Sallins Hurling club

Level played: Junior
    Contact details: sallinshurling@gmail.com

Sallins Hurling club are recruiting hurlers for the coming season. Both seasoned and first time hurlers are welcome.
    Training is Tuesdays at 7.30 and Thursdays at 8. Sallins this year will be hoping to build on a very encouraging 2009 that seen them qualify for the League and Championship semi finals.
    If you want to stay / get fit and play competitive hurling this summer contact us at sallinshurling@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone here has returned to hurling after a long absence? I used to play hurling alot up until my late teens but left due to being short on time with school/college, a job on top of that and my commitments with Scouts however I wouldn't mind getting back into it. However I am now getting close to thirty and I was wondering if this is a little bit too old for it or do clubs have puc-abouts for old fogies :-P

Dave

• Advertisement

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone here has returned to hurling after a long absence? I used to play hurling alot up until my late teens but left due to being short on time with school/college, a job on top of that and my commitments with Scouts however I wouldn't mind getting back into it. However I am now getting close to thirty and I was wondering if this is a little bit too old for it or do clubs have puc-abouts for old fogies :-P

Dave

Hey,

Check out the sticky here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055821624

Where are you located? Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Journo_2010

I am looking to get involved in playing gaelic football in Dublin this season. Does anyone know of any clubworth joining.Am only an average footballer so not looking to join the Kilmacud 'A' tem or anything like that.Just something thats a bit of fun and good for keeping fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Cheers Peace,

Sorry for the new thread I didn't see that one :o I am based in North Kildare near Lucan.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Lucan have a good set-up in the 12th Lock. If you take the Newcastle road junction off the n4 towards newcastle it's a mile and a bit up there on your right hand side. Just after the maxol garage.

I heard the have a few teams setup this year for people looking to get back for a bit of fitness/fun etc

Their website is www.lucansarsfields.ie

• Advertisement

PDD wrote: »
    Cheers Peace,

Sorry for the new thread I didn't see that one :o I am based in North Kildare near Lucan.

Dave

Lucan Sarsfields have a team which are entered in the AHL9 league and Junior F chamionship. If you've been out of it for a while that level of hurling would probably suit! :)

I'm sure they'd be happy to see new members coming in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

hi all been playing for rosmini gaels 3 seasons now and were allways on the lookout for new players. we train on thursday nights at plunkets college in whitehall and our home matches our in the same place aswell for away matchs we meet at club house opposite fagans drumcondra and get lifts from the players who have cars . so if your intrested drop down on thursday nights and look for alan kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

Hello all,
    Was wondering if anybody here could help me: I am moving to England to teach after the summer and I am looking for a Gaelic football club to join. I will be based about fifty miles south west of London and about 15 miles south of Reading. Does anybody know of any Gaelic Football clubs in the general area I could join? Any help would be immensely appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 celtic123

Hi all,

Just moved to dublin am looking for a hurling time to train with during the week. I play hurling for a club in sligo so looking for somewhere that the standard isn't too high:)

Based in the north side, hope ye can help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Does anybody know of a hurling team in the castlebar area?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Hey all. Just wondering if any of you's can help me out.. 24 year old guy here, looking to get back into the ol gaelic football. Haven't played any since my very early teens, so don't be expecting no world beater :D

Anywho, based in the northside of Cork City, so any help is greatly appreciated..

Cheers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thedownsgaa

Hi All

Just want to get the word out about a few new club items:

1. Our weekly club lotto can now be played online
    2. Supporters can sign up for our free weekly email newsletter
    Details of above can be found on our website www.thedownsgaa.com

Our new 500 seater stand with dressing rooms underneath has just been completed see here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedownsgaa/

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mjmccaffrey

Hi Lads

GAA Football Club in Dublin West area, Kilmainham, Islandbridge are looking for new players at intermediate/junior level - if your up from the country or just looking to get back out there and get your place on a good team we are only five games into the season so plenty of time - just call [snip] or email mjmccaffrey2001@yahoo.co.uk - ALL WELCOME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 On The Ditch

Level played:Junior

Hi I just moved to Dublin and am looking for a junior hurling team to join.

I'm living in Charlemont St (close to Harcourt St) and don't have a car so I'm looking for a team who's pitch would be accessible by public transport.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated..

On The Ditch - What level do you want to play at?

I train with Realt Dearg in Bushy Park and its a grand team which formed in February.
    http://realtdearg.weebly.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Football or hurling
    Donnybrook or Ratoath, Meath

Im interested in getting back in to either football or hurling. I currently play "soccer" on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but not for a team
    (astro with mates) and would much rather get back into GAA. I played Football at school level and Hurling for bout 2 years. Wouldnt be
    great at either but will give it my best shot. Need somewhere close to Donnybrook (where I work) or Ratoath.

Gonna have a look into Realt Dearg just have to figure out how to get there via public transport :P Any other suggestions would be great!!

Peace wrote: »
    On The Ditch - What level do you want to play at?

I train with Realt Dearg in Bushy Park and its a grand team which formed in February.
    http://realtdearg.weebly.com/

Thanks for the reply Peace..I had might head down for a look alright, when are ye training next?

Thanks for the reply Peace..I had might head down for a look alright, when are ye training next?

Monday & Wednesday at 8. Bring hurley and boots and get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Monday & Wednesday at 8. Bring hurley and boots and get stuck in.

Might come along myself Wednesday night also (can't make Monday).

Do you think any lads would have a spare hurl going for the one night if I can't lay my hands on one beforehand? Broke mine a few weeks ago and won't be home til next weekend to get another.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Hi lads, living on North King St in Dublin city centre, just wondering does anyone know of any junior hurling clubs nearby or accessible by public transport in this area. The above Red Stars would be perfect, but just too far out for me.
    Cheers

GymJim wrote: »
    Might come along myself Wednesday night also (can't make Monday).

Do you think any lads would have a spare hurl going for the one night if I can't lay my hands on one beforehand? Broke mine a few weeks ago and won't be home til next weekend to get another.

Yep - There's usually plenty of hurleys left at the side incase any are broken in the match.

Yep - There's usually plenty of hurleys left at the side incase any are broken in the match.

Hi Peace, I'll try to make it down for 8 tomorrow assuming I'm not held up in work, training is still planned for that time anyway?

Hi Peace, I'll try to make it down for 8 tomorrow assuming I'm not held up in work, training is still planned for that time anyway?

We've pulled it forward to 7.30. Forgot to mention above a helmet would be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cracker1985

Hi would anyone mind if I out up a post about a new idea me and my mate have??? It can give clubs a free website and can possible raise funds for the club as well as enabling club members to buy their own club gear whenever they want??? i realise its unrelated topic but just thought id ask.....cheers

• Advertisement

We've pulled it forward to 7.30. Forgot to mention above a helmet would be useful.

Thanks Peace, I made it down alright, was a good session

Advertisement