Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Safe Cross Code

• 12-10-2006 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Remember this in primary school? The little leaflets you got and the ad on the telly. Can anyone locate it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ah come on Ruu - more fun if we try to remember it !

[1] Look for a safe place
    [2] Don't hurry stop and wait

Thats about as much as I remember - anyone else add to it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

3. Look around and listen? All I can remember is that dog mascot they had. :) Found the sound file, won't spoil it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Remember

1 look for a safe place
    2 don't hurry stop and wait
    3 look all around you before you cross the road
    4 let all the traffice pass you
    5 now walking straigth across
    6 keep watching
    Thats the safe cross code.

Safe place
    stop and wait
    listen for that traffic sound
    if traffics coming let it pass
    until the road is clear at last
    then walking straight across the road
    keep watching, that's the code.

It was Judge the dog from wanderly wagon from lamberts puppet theathre company.

Ok there are some days my memory boggles me with what I can recall I think this is one of them.

Anyone still got thier badge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thaedydal I think i'm a little scared of your memory ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭trout

in my memory there is a chorus remember between line 3 and 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

Still got my badge and proud of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It seems that Judge is keeping up with the times http://pages.ebay.ie/judge/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i remember the green cross code,same thing just different countries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

A long forgotten memory related to the Safe Cross Code popped into my head. In primary school circa early 80's I remember copybooks that had a Safe Cross Code advert on the back cover. It showed Judge the dog from Wanderly Wagon walking upright on his hind legs and helping two children cross the road, the weird thing is he was human sized, or at least the same size as the kids. It was shown in the form of panels like a comic book. The two children looked like they were based on the kids from the original ad, the one with the song.Tried finding images of it online with no luck. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Brendan Grace sang the song for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

A pleasant ditty i always thought.

Advertisement