Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So no gweedore players for Sunday and McGrath, McGlynn and Murphy are still out.

Fake news... I reckon at least some of that group will play.

ArielAtom wrote:
    Who is he playing club football with?

Same as the rest of the County panel?

In a change to what was announced, Donegal v Armagh is live on Eir next Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭doc_17

So, tomorrow in Letterkenny. Anyone want to make a prediction?

I can only go on what I know and what has happened before...

So, a Fermanagh win and a brutal performance from Donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Out of necessity, in that we can't lose to yer man, I think we'll break the Letterkenny jinx tomorrow in a dour game. I'll go 0-12 to 0-8

• Advertisement

Aside from a Donegal win it would be good if no children were left in tears and no smoky fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

We'll win today as we've a point to prove after the Tipp game and we won't want to give them any confidence ahead of the championship.

14-6

Ah yes, the smoke blowing across the ground from the burger joint!!

In fairness though, Declan ended our run in MacCumhaill Park so maybe he can end our run in Letterkenny?

Michael Murphy and Odhran McFadden Ferry in the squad and warming up in Letterkenny according to Highland Radio.

I don't know why we are rotating keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Opposition teams must love playing us in O Donnell Park.

• Advertisement

Pathetic. We will do nothing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Absolute dire pathetic rubbish.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Absolute dire pathetic rubbish.

Usual fare for Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Why the hell do we have games in letterkenny? Never play well there.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Usual fare for Letterkenny

Why we insist on playing there is beyond me. Even beyond reason. But even for Letterkenny that 2nd half was a disgrace. From 9 to 4 up we were outscored by 9 to 1.
    Against Fermanagh FFS.

F***ing pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Murphy14

We have no right to be lecturing other counties where they play their home games when we insist on playing in Letterkenny 2 wins in 15 games any chance some of the club delegates might raise the issue at next county board meeting? I doubt it much like the the delegates at congress yesterday sit in silence don’t rock the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bob skunkhouse

Well........that was KAC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I'm not seeing these games as I live abroad, but are the current players starting not good enough, is fitness an issues in the second half of games (as in training is being prioritised), or something else?

While frustrating, it might not be the end of the world if we missed out on promotion. But losing games consistently is not ideal preparation for the championship no matter what the circumstances.

Hard training is a lazy excuse. This is Division Two.

Every County is missing players. Every County is training hard.... In the two games I have been to this year, what I have seen has been poor and getting worse.

We still have two home games and a trip to the easiest away game in the Division so it's probably in our hands still, as in, I haven't studied all permutations, but I can't see Fermanagh going unbeaten. Some team will be smart enough to do for them. Clearly we weren't.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Hard training is a lazy excuse. This is Division Two.

Every County is missing players. Every County is training hard.... In the two games I have been to this year, what I have seen has been poor and getting worse.

We still have two home games and a trip to the easiest away game in the Division so it's probably in our hands still, as in, I haven't studied all permutations, but I can't see Fermanagh going unbeaten. Some team will be smart enough to do for them. Clearly we weren't.

Win the remaining three and we won`t be far off, but if we have any notions of going anywhere this year, missing players is no excuse. It should have been cut and dried before Kildare come to town.

With the last two second half performances I`m finding it difficult to come up with any team that is an easy away win, let alone Cork.`

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

This is not an O'Donnell Park problem. This is a Donegal Senior Football team problem. 2 game in a row we have capitulated in the 2nd half. Discipline (again) was problematic and we have got to figure out a way to get Ryan more into the game. General tactics against us at the moment are to man-mark him and to run at us straight through the middle.

Something needs to change quickly.

charlie14 wrote:
    With the last two second half performances I`m finding it difficult to come up with any team that is an easy away win, let alone Cork.`

Obviously. If performances don't improve, we could easily lose all 3 remaining games.

RMDrive wrote: »
    This is not an O'Donnell Park problem. This is a Donegal Senior Football team problem. 2 game in a row we have capitulated in the 2nd half. Discipline (again) was problematic and we have got to figure out a way to get Ryan more into the game. General tactics against us at the moment are to man-mark him and to run at us straight through the middle.

Something needs to change quickly.

This is an O’Donnell Park problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Can we submit a motion for congress 2020 that no games are allowed to be played in Letterkenny.

Don't know what indian burial ground they dug up there but time to just walk away.

Don't know what indian burial ground they dug up there but time to just walk away.

I might have to steal that.

Anyone read McEniff in the Democrat? Performance in Letterkenny has left the poor man hiding under a bed.

Hope the players, management and County Board read it and take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

After bullishy predicting a comfortable win last week, I'm really not confident this week. Armagh are very flaky but have the best set of forwards we'll have faced so far.

Lose again tonight and we're back to where we were under John Joe. Going nowhere. Just hoping we can score a goal or even create a goal chance at this stage.

Murphy coming back would probably make a big difference. Not just for his play, but he will probably demand more from those around him.

Should win tonight. 3-4 points

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Was enjoyable hearing Sean Kelly trying to squirm out of responsibility for his own statements on at least two separate broadcasts this week.

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    Should win tonight. 3-4 points

From your lips to God`s ear doc.

This outfit has always given us problems. 2014 Championship Q/F only for 2 late Paddy McBrearty points we were gone, and if both Clarke and Campbell are playing then we will have to be a lot tighter at the back than we have been so far this year.

Advertisement