Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Roscommon hotel (asylum seekers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wibbs wrote: »
    And that worked fantastically well with Ellie Kisyombe. Oh wait... no, it didn't. And she's not the only one. There have been a fair number of well publicised accounts of "asylum seekers" gaming the Irish system. Funny how the numbers of Nigerians for example dropped off after changes in the residency regs. The Celtic tiger dropping dead helped too.
    Aren't we talking about "very very bad people" though? A few scammers and time wasters isn't exactly the end of the world. Ask the Aussies - we send enough con men over there to fill their newspapers.

No vetting system is perfect, it's unreasonable to expect that every immigrant will be a paragon of virtue with a science Ph.D. If that's what you want, then you may as well shut the borders.

We don't vet any EU citizens arriving in Ireland and nobody seems to be worried about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

I see you trying to pull at heart strings to get sympathy but I am no idiot. There are some very very bad people in Syria. None of whom I would want in Ireland. I hope they are all heavily vetted and include women and children too, not just 30 year old men.

This is sick.

Are you to tell me that in accordance to your social media garnered stero typicalising racist, point of view the Irish are all drunken, fighting, child molesting fundamental Irish Republican members.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

seamus wrote: »
    Aren't we talking about "very very bad people" though? A few scammers and time wasters isn't exactly the end of the world.
    It shows up the so called vetting process. When a "scammer" has the hard neck to run for public office in this country and on a ticket about the asylum process itself and the Irish media ignore it almost completely, except to say ah sure it doesn't really matter, then there are a few crazy pills going around.
    Ask the Aussies - we send enough con men over there to fill their newspapers.
    And if the Australians threw them in gaol and misplaced the key no tears would I shed.
    No vetting system is perfect, it's unreasonable to expect that every immigrant will be a paragon of virtue with a science Ph.D. If that's what you want, then you may as well shut the borders.
    Works for me as far as non EU residents go. Save for the "asylum seekers" getting residence in the EU and then hotfooting to greener pastures. How many have claimed asylum in Greece, Italy, Spain compared to the numbers going straight for Germany and Sweden?
    We don't vet any EU citizens arriving in Ireland and nobody seems to be worried about that...
    Because they're coming from modern liberal secular democracies and for the most part are very similar culturally. Never mind that they're coming here legally and generally to take up already secured work.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Billy86 wrote: »

That in your head me calling someone a "Spoofer" is confirmation of Timbear's disgusting claim that my post history is littered with racist tirades is deeply indicative of the logical disconnect inherit to the Far-Left. You don't wish to debate the statistical evidence that clearly identifies the deep routed misogyny and homophobia within the Muslim ideology, fine, but if you call someone a racist for wishing to debate exactly that, expect to be called out on it. Apologists for homophobia and sexual violence are a blot on this forum.

So your not going to back up your claims about Timberr. Can't say I'm surprised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Is it possible to vet EU citizens arriving in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

So your not going to back up your claims about Timberr. Can't say I'm surprised.

Timberr didn't back up his claims either. But you're fine with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Thats because we have reciprocal arrangements under EU law. If I want to I can go to an EU country too, and work there easily enough, and if I fall on hard times avail of their social welfare net, just as EU citizens can do here. It would not be possible for me to do likewise in Canada or New Zealand or Australia, all of which countries would swiftly tell me to shag off outta their country 'cos I am too old. Ageist bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Chinasea wrote: »
    Consulted about bloody well what..

That the Syrian war is the worst humanitarian crises of out time. That the people were fleeing nerve gas and chemical weapons. That children were imprisoned and tortured.

That Ireland quibbles over taking a paltry handful of these refugees.

That local savages burn an abandoned unwanted hotel that some of these people might take shelter in.

Again, note that half of all AS arriving in Ireland are not fleeing war in Syria, but are illegal Asian migrants, arriving from the UK.

Yes, from the UK.

Genuine AS fleeing real persecution in Syria are welcome.

Economic migrants from Albania, Nigeria and Asia are not welcome.

https://twitter.com/jlpobrien/status/1097840738883301376

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Timberr didn't back up his claims either. But you're fine with that.

He doesnt need to back up his silly claim about me.

People can go back through both of our posting histories, you will not find a single homophobic post by me, proving he is a liar.

Read his posting history and it doesn't take long to see that my claims about him are blatantly true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

He doesnt need to back up his silly claim about me.

People can go back through both of our posting histories, you will not find a single homophobic post by me, proving he is a liar.

Read his posting history and it doesn't take long to see that my claims about him are blatantly true.

Holding someone's post history against them... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Either post one single racist post from myself or admit you wish to label me with such a disgusting description as you simply do not possess the wherewithal to discuss the empirical evidence with those of us who do not share your myopic and naive worldview...

Listen, I'm going to call it as it is, you've had a full week to look through my post history to find a single racist quote to prove yourself correct, you haven't because there are none.

You've two acolytes in this very thread who would love to prove you right by posting a single racist quote from me, they haven't because there are none.

Deny you went off on a homophobic rant all you wish, but there is no doubt on this particularly thread you've shown yourself up as a blatant and stubborn liar.

As you do not have the maturity to own up to your lie, I'm going to leave it at that so others can debate the actual topic.

Wibbs wrote: »
    And that worked fantastically well with Ellie Kisyombe. Oh wait... no, it didn't. And she's not the only one. There have been a fair number of well publicised accounts of "asylum seekers" gaming the Irish system. Funny how the numbers of Nigerians for example dropped off after changes in the residency regs. The Celtic tiger dropping dead helped too.

Nothing funny btw.

Shame your memory / energy focuses on the negative minor number of examples.

Shall we drag up the numerous Irish Republican Army cold blooded atrosities carried out just 60 miles away as the crow flies in the UK.

Are you tarring us all with the one brush.

The IRA do not represent me. Your examples however infer this skewed dangerous xenophobic theory.

Are the Irish all rampant alcoholic drunken, child molesting, IRA fundamentalists thick Paddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

This is sick.

Are you to tell me that in accordance to your social media garnered stero typicalising racist, point of view the Irish are all drunken, fighting, child molesting fundamental Irish Republican members.

What are you on about at all? I said I don't want dangerous people from a war zone in the country and that's perfectly reasonable.

Suggest you look up stereo typing. Whoooosh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Aren't we talking about "very very bad people" though? A few scammers and time wasters isn't exactly the end of the world. Ask the Aussies - we send enough con men over there to fill their newspapers.

Probably a few scammers isnt the end of the world but when you get whats supposed to be a quality paper like the Irish Times referring to people abusing the asylum process as having contradictions in their stories this is definitely taking things too far.

I hope the immigration authorities have read the report in the Sunday Times and I would expect to see this asylum seekers deported immediately. What sort of example is it setting to citizens in North Africa, hop on a plane and make up some story about fleeing for your life and then sit it out for year on year on free legal aid until eventually the authorities give in and not only give in but allow you to put yourself forward as a public representative when you have no business in this country in the first place.

This is a total farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

Suggest you look up stereo typing. Whoooosh.....
    stereo_typing_by_jevus.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

That the Syrian war is the worst humanitarian crises of out time. That the people were fleeing nerve gas and chemical weapons. That children were imprisoned and tortured.

That local savages burn an abandoned unwanted hotel that some of these people might take shelter in.

The vast majority of asylum seekers into Ireland are economic migrants it would be very naive to believe otherwise.

Georgia is where the vast number of refugees are coming from now.

They hop on a plane to somewhere with a stop off in Ireland and then they stay in the airport and claim asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That in your head me calling someone a "Spoofer" is confirmation of Timbear's disgusting claim that my post history is littered with racist tirades is deeply indicative of the logical disconnect inherit to the Far-Left.
    Yeah, because anyone and everyone to the left of you is an anrcho-communist. :rolleyes:

Stop beibng so predictable by rushing to play the victim card. The fact that I was pointing out is that, for someone who loves to throw accusations like spoofer around (then disappear when corrected) you really do seem to be reluctant to add actual proof to claims yourself. You are, as you would put it yourself, a spoofer and a hypocrite.
    Apologists for homophobia and sexual violence are a blot on this forum.
    Get back to me on Tommy Robinson's many pedophile mates in the group he created, and your hostility to them being pointed out to you, at your own convenience. Spoofer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

tretorn wrote: »

They hop on a plane to somewhere with a stop off in Ireland and then they stay in the airport and claim asylum.
    Wouldn't that mean that the vast majority of people entering Europe are not Muslim (Georgia being over 88% Christian)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭enricoh

A paltry handful of refugees, haha, hilarious, iirc there's almost 6000 in direct provision at the minute.
    Give em all an amnesty, free house n full welfare n lets stop this direct provision abomination!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

How do they get a visa to travel to the destination country?
    Or do they need that to book a flight?

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    How do they get a visa to travel to the destination country?
    Or do they need that to book a flight?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/georgians-lead-irish-asylum-claims-1.3745515

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭jay0109

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/kathy-sheridan-do-the-contradictions-in-ellie-kisyombe-s-story-matter-1.3799397

This article has made me so angry this morning.

Hope you can read it, its basically this loony left wing journalist describing what appears to be an untruthful account from an illegal alien as "contradictions". This political candidate for the Social Democrats has tried to hoodwink Irish officialdom about her entry to this country to prevent deportation and she is now brazen enough about her status to apply for political office. Sheridan compares her to a couple living illegally in the States as if two wrongs make a right, I have no sympathy for Irish illegal aliens in the States either, why should they have the same status as someone who gets everything in order legally and waits their turn to be approved.

The States is a huge country and can absorb some level of illegal entry.Ireland is tiny and we have huge health and housing problems, this woman should have been deported nine years ago and here we are now watching her asking for votes.

Sheridan mentions that the Irish Times gave her a full positive spread in the weekend magazine a few weeks ago, obviously this rag never checked out her story and Sheridan is now saying the Sunday Times is racist and should have buried this story on page six. Sheridan has the gall to ask does it matter that this woman version of how she arrived here is incorrect, is this the position we are now to have here, stay long enough presumably getting free legal aid fighting deportation orders and eventually you can stay.

What a farce of a system.

Another example of why the Irish newspaper industry is a dead man walking. A terrible piece in which we're told to ask no questions, ignore any facts put before us and just go with our feelings.

Her hit at the Sunday Times is disgraceful but then again, she's not really a journalist so you wouldn't expect any sense of unity there.

The ever tiresome evoking of illegal Irish in the US...that laziest of lazy whataboutery's that you'll find.

The downright lie in the article itself in which she states Kisyombe is still awaiting a decision on her case 9 years after entering the system. She's probably had several decisions at this stage, all turning down her application.

The Irish Times - the sooner it shuts up shop, the better for this country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

enricoh wrote: »
    A paltry handful of refugees, haha, hilarious, iirc there's almost 6000 in direct provision at the minute.
    Give em all an amnesty, free house n full welfare n lets stop this direct provision abomination!!

Then make room for even more to come when they see a soft touch .Varadkar had a meeting with Hillary Clinton and promised more after the 4000 already agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

jay0109 wrote: »
    Another example of why the Irish newspaper industry is a dead man walking. A terrible piece in which we're told to ask no questions, ignore any facts put before us and just go with out feelings.

Her hit at the Sunday Times is disgraceful but then again, she's not really a journalist so you wouldn't expect any sense of unity there.

The ever tiresome evoking of illegal Irish in the US...that laziest of lazy whataboutery's that you'll find.

The downright lie in the article itself in which she states Kisyombe is still awaiting a decision on her case 9 years after entering the system. She's probably had several decisions at this stage, all turning down her application.

The Irish Times - the sooner it shuts up shop, the better for this country

That Kathy Sheridan article was quite an eye opener, criticizing the Sunday Times for printing the truth about a potential candidate even though it was clear that Kisyombe was completely lying.

I used to be a regular Irish Times reader but it’s clear now that the likes of Sheridan/Holland/O Toole have such an agenda that they’re prepared to suppress the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

That Kathy Sheridan article was quite an eye opener, criticizing the Sunday Times for printing the truth about a potential candidate even though it was clear that Kisyombe was completely lying.

I used to be a regular Irish Times reader but it’s clear now that the likes of Sheridan/Holland/O Toole have such an agenda that they’re prepared to suppress the truth.

Here's the thing though. Readership is in decline, but if the Irish Times was unbiased and impartial in their reporting of these types of issues, then their readership and subscription base would increase, because it would be reflective of the vast majority in this country.

Surely the editor and owners know this. The only conclusion that I come to is that they are getting funds from elsewhere with the direct intention of propagating the liberal agenda, irrespective of the cost ...................... even if the truth is the consequence.

Truly bewildering. It is obvious that the Irish Times should not be trusted to report on these events fairly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Mutant z wrote: »
    Why aren't local people ever consulted about whether they want DP centres in the middle of their areas why should they have to put up or shut up why should they be told what to do by virtue signalling middle class twits who have never set foot in their neighbourhood, i don't think these same middle class folk would tolerate anyone else coming to their own neighbourhood telling them what to do so can they do the courtesy returning the favour.
    If Rooskey is like my own border home town then most people with a few quid will live in a one off outside the town anyway.

Not the case in my rural hometown. Rich and middle-class folks scattered around the town. Some in one-offs on the outskirts of town, others living in various parts of the town proper. There are also asylum seekers living in the town. So in my hometown at least, the two social groups rub shoulders. I’m not trying to say it’s a utopia, I’m just describing the socioeconomic living patterns in the town as things stand. And if I was still living there, I would be surprised to be consulted about who should or shouldn’t be living in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,482 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Kivaro wrote: »
    Surely the editor and owners know this. The only conclusion that I come to is that they are getting funds from elsewhere with the direct intention of propagating the liberal agenda

George?

That mans pockets have no ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Irish news papers lying to protect/support economic immigrants gaming the system, what a shocker.

This one is just smarter than your average one as she attached herself to a liberal party.

I am glad of it though because just like the Jossie Smollett crap in America this blatant gaming of the system will bit them in the ass and make **** worse for the really folk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement