Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Toashty91

Dear Candidates,

Thank you for your time at the recent Phase 2 Assessment Centres. We are now looking to move towards the interview element of the process.

Please can you confirm your availability for interview attendance on either Thursday, 28th February or Friday, 1st March.

When we understand availability to attend we will furnish you with a specific time slot and some details as regards the interview itself. As always, slots are limited however please do not be concerned as we will have future dates to follow.

As there will be two parts to this process, you will need to allocate circa 2.5Hours of your time.

Sorry guys I must have deleted it by accident! That's the email there. Don't lose hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

Toashty91 wrote: »
    Dear Candidates,

Thank you for your time at the recent Phase 2 Assessment Centres. We are now looking to move towards the interview element of the process.

Please can you confirm your availability for interview attendance on either Thursday, 28th February or Friday, 1st March.

When we understand availability to attend we will furnish you with a specific time slot and some details as regards the interview itself. As always, slots are limited however please do not be concerned as we will have future dates to follow.

As there will be two parts to this process, you will need to allocate circa 2.5Hours of your time.

Sorry guys I must have deleted it by accident! That's the email there. Don't lose hope yet!

Can I ask if you have done a medical and when you received this email?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

I also haven't heard anything since the short notice medical emails after the phase 2 assessments.

Same as. If they called people in for interviews yesterday I think i’ve reached the end of the line. I hope they let us know one way or the other shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenjenHarley

Dear Candidates,

What date did you sit phase 2 assessments?

I haven't done a medical so I think they'll go ahead with interviews and then medicals. But that's just a guess!

• Advertisement

And I did phase 2 on Monday the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Clodiagh87 wrote: »
    Same as. If they called people in for interviews yesterday I think i’ve reached the end of the line. I hope they let us know one way or the other shortly.

Yeah it's not looking good. I also did Ph2 assessments on Monday the 4th and haven't done a medical yet but didn't get an interview email yesterday.

I mean, we did get offered the short notice medicals which was promising, but I'm thinking now that they've had time to go through the assessment results since then I might be out.

And I did phase 2 on Monday the 4th
    Interesting. I also did mine on Monday the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Interesting. I also did mine on Monday the 4th.

My phase 2 was the week before that and medical on Monday the 4th

Nothing yet here regarding interview but I'm thinking it's going to take time because at 2.5 hours per person they'll have to do plenty of different dates

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I did my phase 2 tests on Monday 4th as well!

It is a long interview, but would they not check the availability of everyone they wanted to see for scheduling purposes?

Up to now I had thought I was still in the running as I had received the last minute medical email, now I'm not so sure....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

I wouldnt be losing hope yet everyone..

It seems those that got the interview email have not done medicals, what about the people that have done medicals.
    Also 2.5hrs interview that max 4 people a day so 8 people over 2 days.. the email states that there will be plenty more dates available.

Dont lose hope just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikeoc85

In the same boat, completed phase 2, no email where as my brother in law completed phase 2 and got the 4-6 week mail.

both applied for galway..............very odd

I done the online tests with 2 friends. Two of us applied for Dublin and one Galway. We all done them together, gave the same answers and got to about the same stage on the SCATT (taking care to get the correct answers rather than speed).

The two of us that applied for Dublin are still in the running.

The guy that applied for Galway hasn’t even received an email since.

So it would suggest they’re either not recruiting for Galway yet or else they’re looking for women only (which I’m sure will open them up to all sorts of legal issues if found to be true)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clever8619

Guys/gals,

For those who never applied for the CS or semi state job before.

These recruitment campaigns take quite a while. I know I've been through it before. They are well advertised and alot of people go for them. The fire service, prison service,guards etc they all take time beginning to end. 18 months it took me.

IE are looking for 100 people over 4 years. Dublin obv needs more drivers for obvious reasons. So this is why no one else outside of Dublin seems to have been called yet. Just wait be patient and be ready to go when called even at limited notice. Unfortunately supply completely outstrips demand so they can afford to call the shots and contact people only when they want them. When you do the assessments do your best that's all you can do. Don't torment yourselves refreshing emails every 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

mikeoc85 wrote:
    The guy that applied for Galway hasn’t even received an email since.

I applied for Galway still in the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Ais123 wrote: »
    Can I ask if you have done a medical and when you received this email?

they said those who have done the medical process will be interviewed first, I did the phase 2 on last day, and the lady said I won't get invite for the interview foe a while after that, but to sit tight. medical will be after that... no stress, sit tight and that email will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikeoc85

I applied for Galway still in the running.

Have you been to Inchicore?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

mario84s wrote: »
    they said those who have done the medical process will be interviewed first, I did the phase 2 on last day, and the lady said I won't get invite for the interview foe a while after that, but to sit tight. medical will be after that... no stress, sit tight and that email will come.

Is everyone that did the medical and passed going to be interviewed?

anon2019! wrote: »
    Is everyone that did the medical and passed going to be interviewed?

i'm assuming so, she did say there are a lot of people to be interviewed, she told me and chap that was there with me that we won't get the first few dates as there are people who had medicals but now for the rest the interview will come first and then a medical as that's the way it was supposed to go from the start.

anyone else that has any queries at all, she did say to email the IR recruitment email and ask any questions about the job. they are busy but will get back to you with proper answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Melanie1990

Checking the emails like a mad thing, sat at 3pm on Friday the 15th (inchicore). Anyone who was there receive anything yet? Didn't see any other women on the day, hoping that means I'm still in with a good chance! :P

• Advertisement

Checking the emails like a mad thing, sat at 3pm on Friday the 15th (inchicore). Anyone who was there receive anything yet? Didn't see any other women on the day, hoping that means I'm still in with a good chance! :P

What did you sit on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

For those who have heard no reply as yet, is there still a chance or have the quotas been filled¿

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Keep an eye on your enails....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Glen Immal wrote: »
    For those who have heard no reply as yet, is there still a chance or have the quotas been filled¿

It was a country wide recruitment drive not just Dublin but Dublin would have a higher demand then the rest of the country for drivers, anyone outside of dublin will prob take some time, still haven't heard anything since the phase 2 online assessment, but you would think that youd at least get some form of generic 'thanks but no thanks' mail........for me nothing but tumbleweed

It was a country wide recruitment drive not just Dublin but Dublin would have a higher demand then the rest of the country for drivers, anyone outside of dublin will prob take some time, still haven't heard anything since the phase 2 online assessment, but you would think that youd at least get some form of generic 'thanks but no thanks' mail........for me nothing but tumbleweed

Those who got 4-6 week mails outside Dublin are been contacted anytime now from what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Those who got 4-6 week mails outside Dublin are been contacted anytime now from what I was told.

Do you mind be asking where you git this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Got my email saying I was unsuccessful, failed the scaat basically didn't go far enough down the list of letters, oh well that's the way it goes.
    Best of luck to everyone still involved.
    I was for the cork depot BTW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

What about those who received that email that applied for Dublin?

LouD2016 wrote: »
    What about those who received that email that applied for Dublin?

Sorry yeah should include those as well.
    Do you mind be asking where you git this info?

Got someone to ask who would be in the know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Got my email saying I was unsuccessful, failed the scaat basically didn't go far enough down the list of letters

Do you mind me asking what day did you do your phase 2 tests?

Advertisement