Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Cost me ten points!

What happens to this now. Does Kolasinac get the -2 for own goal taken away?
    I don't have him but just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

What happens to this now. Does Kolasinac get the -2 for own goal taken away?
    I don't have him but just wondering.

No
    Points were confirmed and don't change

I'm amazed the goal was tbh
    Looked like a clear own goal
    The guy it has been credited to didn't even attempt to celebrate it at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone else feel the gap between this coming GW and last GW feels like AGES ago

Probably the same for any international break length wise but feels like weeks for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Paully D wrote: »

Game is getting very difficult now alright. I feel like I'm having a good season and I'm at 65k. With a couple of top 10k finishes under my belt, it definitely feels like its harder to get to those heights this year.

Over 6 million managers now too, means that the top 1% is now 60k instead of the 40k it was a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Paully D wrote: »

i'm surprised by the amount with chips in tact!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's quite simple. it's all the information available now. it is very hard to stay ahead of the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's quite simple. it's all the information available now. it is very hard to stay ahead of the curve.

Yeah I am against a lad in my lads league and he reads EVERYTHING about it, follows loads of lads on twitter/youtube etc.

He came last in the league two years ago but does his research now and is about 140k - if he didnt have a massive irrational streak hed be a danger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Game is getting very difficult now alright. I feel like I'm having a good season and I'm at 65k. With a couple of top 10k finishes under my belt, it definitely feels like its harder to get to those heights this year.

Over 6 million managers now too, means that the top 1% is now 60k instead of the 40k it was a couple of years ago.[\b]

I treat top 50k as the top 10k now. I used to always finish top 10k but hard to make ground from 50k this season. So many resources available and it’s easy and accessible for everyone to access, so it’s even trickier to make ground

Interesting reading about the stats though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Current squad:
    Etheridge
    VVD Kola Doherty Pereira
    Salah Mané Son
    Jiminez Rashford Auba

Boruc Jota Wan-B Hayden

Would it be worth BB as I have 4 playing subs?
    If not are those subs in the right order or should I play Jota over a Def?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SlickRic wrote: »

I’ve been saying this for the last few years. The game has been a victim of its own success the last few years.

There are lads in my work league and I could tell you now their transfer will be whatever player FFS or another podcast recommend that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    I’ve been saying this for the last few years. The game has been a victim of its own success the last few years.

There are lads in my work league and I could tell you now their transfer will be whatever player FFS or another podcast recommend that week.
    What do we expect when the kinds of people you'd expect to know better on social media prop up those kinds of people trying to sell FPL strategy for cash.

My statement is ambiguous rather than targeted, but if you're wondering whether I'm talking about you then I almost definitely am.

Chelsea transfer ban for next 2 windows

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »

Ouch. They should play Hudson-Odoi to prepare him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

They'll have no option to keep Higuain then I'm guessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is Zabaletta out of favor at West Ham lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They'll have no option to keep Higuain then I'm guessing?

I'm fairly sure there'll be a way around the rule for that since it's an existing deal (option to buy)

callaway92 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure there'll be a way around the rule for that since it's an existing deal (option to buy)

They are banned from registering new players
    He is already registered

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's almost impossible to make ground using big assets, or 'obvious' transfers. the only way to do it IMO is to somehow get your mid range and cheap players spot on.

Jimenez worked for me this season. Had him earlier than anyone.
    AWB. Put him in week nobody else dared.
    Fabianski. Kept faith mid season when others didn't bother.

They're just 3 examples. Now a lot of that is luck, but it's the way to get an edge.

You can also get an edge in BGW and DGW season IMO. There are so many strategies that if you can pick the right one for your own team, there is ground to be made up there.

personally, I'm also putting a lot of value in my WC. if i can get the timing of that right, it could also get an edge.

But there's no doubt it's getting trickier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Zabaletta out of favor at West Ham lads?

Anyone any info here lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    What do we expect when the kinds of people you'd expect to know better on social media prop up those kinds of people trying to sell FPL strategy for cash.

My statement is ambiguous rather than targeted, but if you're wondering whether I'm talking about you then I almost definitely am.

I’m a tad confused by this. I don’t particularly use social media for FF?

I’m a tad confused by this. I don’t particularly use social media for FF?

I assume he meant “you “ as in anyone that read the post not as in you Lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Anyone any info here lads?

Fredericks was injured for a decent period there so he was nailed not anymore though. From a personal point of view as a west ham fan I feel fredericks has more longevity and a better ability to get up and back at 34 you couldn't trust zaba to play week in week out for the rest of the year so it's time to abandon ship if you have him id say. For a straight swap diop is pretty nailed for the same price and balbuena is just fit again for .1 less and will be nailed with a goal threat from.set pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

100% sure the spikes of Xhaka, Kante etc... epitomize this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Don't see any issue with people following FFS etc etc.

The news is there for all to read or find out.

Considering all of us follow somebody to make a spreadsheet for the DGW and blanks etc it's ridiculously hypocrital to complain about people searching advise for transfers.

We literally all do it on boards. Other people just use different websites.

I assume he meant “you “ as in anyone that read the post not as in you Lemlin

This. I am definitely not in the habit of making veiled digs at particular forum members.

Just a general criticism against the inclusion of certain characters in some form of ‘FPL community’ when the reality is those people are in it for financial profit, in a different kind of way to those who just want to win their leagues and make a few quid that way.

Don't see any issue with people following FFS etc etc.

The news is there for all to read or find out.

Considering all of us follow somebody to make a spreadsheet for the DGW and blanks etc it's ridiculously hypocrital to complain about people searching advise for transfers.

We literally all do it on boards. Other people just use different websites.

I dunno if this was in response to my post (probably not) but mine was not in relation to people on here taking every avenue of information available to them.

Rather, the kinds of people running paysites while masquerading as one of the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I still have all my chips left.

But its due to not knowing when to play them than any strategy.

One dgw will get free hit. The other the wc

So i need to use tc and bench boost at some stage.

I cant use tc during dgw if i use free hit or wc so ive kinda screwed myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I still have all my chips left.

But its due to not knowing when to play them than any strategy.

One dgw will get free hit. The other the wc

So i need to use tc and bench boost at some stage.

I cant use tc during dgw if i use free hit or wc so ive kinda screwed myself

FH would usually be for a skinny game week. That said, I'm not sure there'll be a skinny game week like last season this time round.

I'd use your WC for the week before the DGW, in anticipation of that DGW. Then you're free to use the BB in that game week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Puel gone makes leicester assets look even more attractive

Advertisement