Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Team Value Thread 18/19

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

TV: 108.2
    RV: 105.4
    OR: 61k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Colking, how many transfers have you made and you you have any chips left? Regards. Can you explain to me where the Team value has mostly come form

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

TV: 107.0
    RV: 104.8
    OR: 1.6k

Colking, how many transfers have you made and you you have any chips left? Regards. Can you explain to me where the Team value has mostly come form

All Chips and second half WC are left, I've made 38 transfers so far which have cost me 64 points.

I tend to pay very close attention to price changes early in the season and try and reap the rewards in the latter part of the season with better team value.

That strategy hasn't been effective in the last few years as there have been a number of cheaper players that were firing on all cylinders and a number of expensive/premium players that were not.

It's a slow burn building value and it often bites you in the a$$. but then we all know that so much of this game is luck, so many 50-50 decisions we make that unfortunately are often the wrong ones.

I'm never interested in someones TV I always feel RV is the number to concentrate on as this is the team a blank canvas could purchase for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

Colking wrote: »
    All Chips and second half WC are left, I've made 38 transfers so far which have cost me 64 points.

I tend to pay very close attention to price changes early in the season and try and reap the rewards in the latter part of the season with better team value.

Just on this, do you feel that the 64 points spent on transfers is effecting your rank?

Have the players you got in on the hits returned the points in the coming GW's to justify the -4's you took?

I've made 26 transfers at a cost of 12 points and I try to avoid it when possible.

OR is 22k BTW
    and
    RV 100.9
    TV 103.0
    ITB 0.6

Just curious as I'm one who hate taking -4's unless I 100% need 11 players to field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

After years of analysis, it can be broken down into 4 categories.

Good players who don't mind taking hits
    Good players who don't like taking hits
    Bad players who don't mind taking hits
    Bad players who don't like taking hits

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    After years of analysis, it can be broken down into 4 categories.

Good players who don't like taking hits
    Bad players who don't like taking hits

Spot on.

Or in terms of transfers. There are 4 kinds there too.

Good transfers for no hit.
    Good transfers for a hit.
    Bad transfers for no hit.
    Bad transfers for a hit.

Judging which is which with some degree of consistency, without getting too hung up on the hit part, is the secret.

shmeee wrote: »
    Just on this, do you feel that the 64 points spent on transfers is effecting your rank?

Have the players you got in on the hits returned the points in the coming GW's to justify the -4's you took?

I've made 26 transfers at a cost of 12 points and I try to avoid it when possible.

OR is 22k BTW
    and
    RV 100.9
    TV 103.0
    ITB 0.6

Just curious as I'm one who hate taking -4's unless I 100% need 11 players to field.

Definitely, I think the 64 points has hit me hard in the OR. I think Parlance summed it up perfectly and I would fall firmly in between the categories of :

Probably leaning closer to Bad players ;)

Well done on your OR, it's very good. I tend to play the opposite to you as this is the way I enjoy the game the most. I wouldn't have the discipline (not to mention the skill) of Ville Rönkä in carefully and frugally managing my transfers.

I would say that roughly 60 - 80 % of my hits have paid off.

So far, I have taken :

1 - 12 Point Hit
    4 - 8 Point Hits
    5 - 4 Point Hits

After this weekend my OR is 33k

Advertisement